PDA

View Full Version : Money?

minibinladin
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm getting this game in January so I'm wondering...Like Oblivion, does this game have money?

Kaxen6
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
No... Altair doesn't carry spare change.

bukowski113
11-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Kaxen6:
No... Altair doesn't carry spare change.

And that's probably a good thing.

He'd jingle jangle all over the roof tops and never be able to sneak up on anyone...

Also, there'd be less opportunity for beggar-tossing if he actually had some scratch to spare.

Pl-Destroy
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Money would have easily made all the 'repeatitive' reviews go away.

Pickpocket anyone for money. Rich and guards would have more but you'd get caught easier.

Money to buy ammo and different weapons.

Money to bribe people.

Beat up or kill people for money.

Sgt.Burger
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by bukowski113:
And that's probably a good thing.

He'd jingle jangle all over the roof tops and never be able to sneak up on anyone...

Also, there'd be less opportunity for beggar-tossing if he actually had some scratch to spare.

Damn, I thought you could actually give them some. Would've made sense, you know, throwing beggars around isn't really "keeping a low profile", would draw too much attention.

Raide
11-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Altair needs food on a string. Catch those beggers and slowly force them up some high ladders and then, just as they reach the tasty snack, snatch it away and run off giggling! (Or throw them from high buildings...Bukowski Style!)

bukowski113
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Sgt.Burger:
Damn, I thought you could actually give them some. Would've made sense, you know, throwing beggars around isn't really "keeping a low profile", would draw too much attention.

I think the idea is that the beggars are so low on the "social food chain" that no one cares if they get abused.

And Raide: I throw them into the side of buildings, not off the top... I'm not an animal for cripe's sake...

Raide
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Oops, just me with a "Beggar + High Building = Throwing" interest then....

Raide
UK "Beggar Throwing" Forum Manager

Kaxen6
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bukowski113:
I think the idea is that the beggars are so low on the "social food chain" that no one cares if they get abused.

In a fit of rage, I didn't pay attention to who was looking and then I socked the beggar lady...

ten guards came after me and I ran like the wind...

Sgt.Burger
11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Raide:
Oops, just me with a "Beggar + High Building = Throwing" interest then....

Raide
UK "Beggar Throwing" Forum Manager

Just because you're playing as the walking incarnation of badassness, doesn't mean you should be throwing people around at will. :P I'd much rather appear as "that freaky yet kind" type of person unless being chased by half the city after a successful target kill. They should've really allowed us to throw some change at the beggars.

minibinladin
11-27-2007, 03:01 PM
what about food, weather (rain etc) or time (dark or light.)

Kaxen6
11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by minibinladin:

Altair doesn't eat on-screen. This game is in summer... in the Middle East... not that much rain to be had. There is no weather, just passing clouds. No night/day cycle.

Stillzero
11-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Actually that's the one thing i missed in the game, an actual economy where i can buy and sell things aswell as gain or lose money.

A good idea for Assassins Creed 2 i guess.

bukowski113
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minibinladin:

Altair doesn't eat on-screen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assassin needs food... badly...

(I'm so old)

iPlunder
11-27-2007, 04:00 PM
He could make shish kabob with his hidden blade.

Kaxen6
11-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
He could make shish kabob with his hidden blade.

lol. I'm going to have to draw that.

Sgt.Burger
11-28-2007, 06:31 AM
No night/day cycle.

Another lame fact, that would've done a lot good to the game.

minibinladin
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
ye night assasinations

xELITEGUNNERx
11-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by minibinladin:

it would be amazing at night u could buy night vision and stealth kill every 1

eWaster
11-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by xELITEGUNNERx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minibinladin:

it would be amazing at night u could buy night vision and stealth kill every 1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Buy" Night Vision? Seriously dude... think again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Robbinho1992
11-28-2007, 12:04 PM
The reason (I think)why the game is during the day cause the Assassinationas are suppose to be seen, and at night you dont really get the seen factor..Remeber the scaring of people when someone was killed.

Sgt.Burger
11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Robbinho1992:
The reason (I think)why the game is during the day cause the Assassinationas are suppose to be seen, and at night you dont really get the seen factor..Remeber the scaring of people when someone was killed.

A cycle of, say, 3 gameplay hours set during day and 1 hour during night would've solved that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Robbinho1992
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Sgt.Burger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robbinho1992:

A cycle of, say, 3 gameplay hours set during day and 1 hour during night would've solved that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

meh i guess...But we cant change that now, We'll just have to see for Ac2

Sgt.Burger
11-29-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Robbinho1992:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sgt.Burger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robbinho1992:

A cycle of, say, 3 gameplay hours set during day and 1 hour during night would've solved that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

meh i guess...But we cant change that now, We'll just have to see for Ac2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or for a well-made mod when the PC version comes.