PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking Nightmares (and not just the wait)

EQWashu
01-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Before I start- Yes; I've notified the Bug/Problem Board. And No; I wasn't using 'Play Now'.

Anyway, I'm curious about how often others get this. We know the wait is torture, but have you ever been thrown into in-progress matches with little to no time left on the clock? Second question: How many times *in a row* were you thrown into aforesaid match before you either left to try another mode of play or time ran out entirely in the match?

As for me, its happened too many times, but in 3 particular cases I was thrown into a match with anywhere between 4-1 min left, and was repeatedly thrown back into that match anywhere between 3-5 times.

Thank all thats good and Assassiny Ubisoft isn't a dating/matchmaking site with results like those lol

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 02:37 PM
The most I've had is 3 times.

After it does it the 3rd, I check the time before I quit, and wait about 30 seconds longer than that before trying again.

Gets me less frustrated.

Squiddish
01-12-2011, 02:39 PM
My biggest issue are laggy lobbies.

I hate quitting out of a lobby because I'm lagging like crazy and getting thrown right back in the same lobby 4 or 5 times. I don't so much mind getting put in a game with 3 minutes left, that just lets me make a cool video of me winning in 3 minutes :3

BlacklightDemon
01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Today I got put in a game with 0:05 left (ranked match). I'd been waiting for a while to get in that match too. Then the re-match wouldn't start a few games later...

Steelbadger
01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
When I get chucked into a game-in-progress I generally just go with it, at least I'm grouped with some folks and the match after it should be a bit quicker to find.

STYJ
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by EQWashu:
Before I start- Yes; I've notified the Bug/Problem Board. And No; I wasn't using 'Play Now'.

Anyway, I'm curious about how often others get this. We know the wait is torture, but have you ever been thrown into in-progress matches with little to no time left on the clock? Second question: How many times *in a row* were you thrown into aforesaid match before you either left to try another mode of play or time ran out entirely in the match?

As for me, its happened too many times, but in 3 particular cases I was thrown into a match with anywhere between 4-1 min left, and was repeatedly thrown back into that match anywhere between 3-5 times.

Thank all thats good and Assassiny Ubisoft isn't a dating/matchmaking site with results like those lol

is using "play now" bad ? i.e. do you have to wait longer ?

EQWashu
01-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by STYJ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EQWashu:

is using "play now" bad ? i.e. do you have to wait longer ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, nothing like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Play now is kinda a random thing where it throws you into whatever match; regardless of the match type (Wanted, Manhunt, Alliane)

Jack-Reacher
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I have been having random games where if you stun or assassinate someone, it will say there are technical difficulties and both players will freeze, but the rest of the room can walk around. It usually happens to everyone, its pathetic

amoralcompass
01-12-2011, 06:26 PM
This JUST happened to me. With 15 seconds on the clock. :|

Oh well, I hope the rematch makes things speed up.

Phyxsius-
01-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Getting on a loooong and sloooooow filling lobby of Adv. Wanted and some kid deciding to sing into the mic.

Then exiting and matchmaking throwing you into the same lobby 10.. yes... TEN times... after which point I decided to play Manhunt.

[EDIT for DoctorEurope] Strictly PS3 user. My PSN is the same as my name here: Phyxsius- . Phyxsius is/was taken on PS3 as well when I made this name.

DoctorEurope
01-13-2011, 06:44 AM
It's happened to me at most 5 times in a row I think. I kept getting put into a match where the guy in first place had a 5000 point lead and there was about a minute left.
Honestly, the matchmaking is my one complaint about this game. It takes sooooo long and sometimes just puts you in horrible lobbies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

EDIT: on a side note, phyxsius, do you have an xbox? Because I swear I ran into someone named Phyxsius on xbox recently. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
01-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Jack-Reacher:
I have been having random games where if you stun or assassinate someone, it will say there are technical difficulties and both players will freeze, but the rest of the room can walk around. It usually happens to everyone, its pathetic
When that happens it's usually lag.

When it happens to me, it's almost always the same player every time during a match (or the same couple of players).

If it's happening with everyone, it means you're the one who's laggy - could be you're the only person from NZ connected to a game in Europe or something and you're not getting a stable connection.

I'd recommend dropping and joining a new match (and hoping it doesn't give the same one)

EQWashu
01-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Phyxsius-:
Getting on a loooong and sloooooow filling lobby of Adv. Wanted and some kid deciding to sing into the mic.

rotfl oh god yes! I finally get into a match after a long wait, and I get what sounds like a toddler on a mic that won't shut up, someone singing LOUDLY and POORLY, or 2-3 people asking the same dumb question "Can we talk to each other in Wanted?" over and over and on top of each other.

I'm a patient person but I can only take so much bad singing about how "I'm the Prowler, I'm DA PROW-LA! Holla! Prowlin fo' ya!" in that timespan where you pick your character and ability sets before the match. True story, I was p***ed but laughing, my boyfriend thought it was hilarious and weird at the same time.