PDA

View Full Version : 100 things we learned in AC series

the_atm
10-21-2010, 03:14 PM
in the Assassins creed series... what have we learned? i'll start off

#1: if you are a monk and you kill lots of people, stand in the middle and hold your hands together, and you have swords, guards will not suspect you....

#2 every one in renesans time could climb walls.

now it's your turn

DarthViscer
10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
3. Every city in Italy has easily scaleable buildings.

4. There is such thing as the ultimate material which creates indestructible armor.

5. You can be a bad-*** and still find time to pray.

magesupermaster
10-21-2010, 03:19 PM
There was a thread like this a long time ago..
And you spelled Renaissance wrong..

#6 - Assassin's used hammers too.

Pete3650
10-21-2010, 03:20 PM
7) In the reinasance, only one person could swim; even with an armor, a sword, a gun, and a lot of weps; His name was Ezio.

notafanboy
10-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Pete3650:
8) In the reinasance, only 2 persons in the world could swim; even with an armor, a sword, a gun, and a lot of weps; His name was Ezio and some random guard in venice ...

Zokuno
10-21-2010, 03:27 PM
#8 - In Renaissance, gravity seemed to have been significantly less than today, hence why everyone is able to jump from the top of a tower and into a cart of hay and not fall straight through the bottom.

AnthonyA85
10-21-2010, 03:29 PM
9) Blood can somtimes be used for decorating purposes.

10) There are some pleople in the word with visual abilities that would make any SWAT/SAS team green with envy.

Nick1021
10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
11: If you are having a swordfight with 5 guards, the guards not getting attacked will move around but not try to hit you.

12: Giant fires appear everywhere around the city the SECOND you get on a flying machine.

13: You can kill people with brooms.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Zokuno:
#8 - In Renaissance, gravity seemed to have been significantly less than today, hence why everyone is able to jump from the top of a tower and into a cart of hay and not fall straight through the bottom.

It believeable SINCE hay stops the fall and hay is a thick material

davo1270
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE]12: Giant fires appear everywhere around the city the SECOND you get on a flying machine.
[QUOTE]

they were put there on purpose by the thieves so ezio can fly with the machine

14. muscicians never learn that we hate it when they run up to you and play songs

magesupermaster
10-21-2010, 04:37 PM
#14 - Street performers love to annoy assassins.

Nick1021
10-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Davo, you can't see the fire holders until you get on the flying machine.
And if you buy the dlc you can fly around in the wetlands.

DarthEzio55
10-21-2010, 05:06 PM
#15- You always end the game with cliffhangers

AnthonyA85
10-21-2010, 05:50 PM
16) Beggers always harrass people who are trying to remain un-noticed, asking for money, when the people they're harrassing are just as broke as they are.

DarthViscer
10-21-2010, 06:13 PM
17) Chin scars span multiple descendants.

18) Many great authors like Dante and Machiavelli were actually Assassins.

davo1270
10-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Nick, sorry i didnt kno you were talking about the dlc

Nick1021
10-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
Nick, sorry i didnt kno you were talking about the dlc
I also kind of meant the normal singleplay, because if you walk around the city you won't see the fire holding things, they just appear as you get on the flying machine.

Nick1021
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
19: Blondes have fish faces.
20: All british are sarcastic a-holes.
21: Guards NEVER memorize that assassins wear a white robe with a hood and a red strip.
22: Leonardo had epic high speed chases back in da day.
23: 100 feathers can break a mom 20 year old silence.
24: 50 feathers have something to do with an epic hammer.
25: Invisible dogs existed during the renaissance(you never see dogs but hear them).

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-21-2010, 07:47 PM
26. Collecting all statues of gods and putting them on there stand gives u 2,000 florins
27. Updating a town makes ur villa much much cleaner.

SupraCat
10-21-2010, 07:50 PM
28. Nothing is true, Everything is permitted. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RandomRansom
10-21-2010, 08:13 PM
29) Blood is easy to get out of your clothes. In fact, it eventually disappears entirely on its own.
30) It costs the same to hire a ****** as it does a mercenary or a thief.
31) The Wright brothers weren't the first men to attain sustained, controlled flight in 1901; it was Ezio more than 400 years earlier.
32) When birds lose feathers they always stand on end and glow (whether you're on drugs or not).
33) Building a brothel increases the population of a city (duh), but so does building a thieves guild.
34) If you steal money from someone and punch them in the face, then they won't bother you or yell for help.
35) You can easily run across a tightrope.
36) When falling from a high distance, grabbing onto a building (or other solid object) just before you hit the ground will stop you from getting hurt.
37) Horses were deathly afraid of entering cities before the 16th century.
38) How to speak some Italian (especially swear words and insults that wouldn't get past the ESRB).

SupraCat
10-21-2010, 08:47 PM
39) Templars are a**holes

AnthonyA85
10-21-2010, 09:07 PM
40) Ezio was alergic to bows, which is why he never picked them up from archers he snuffed.

Nick1021
10-21-2010, 09:15 PM
41: It is fine for video games to make sex jokes.
42: When you are knocked out for a few days you get a sexy beard instead of a shaggy one.(dlc)
43: You are always too late to save someone. ALWAYS!
44: Water kills people but fire doesn't even hurt.(Another dlc).

Xanatos2007
10-21-2010, 09:22 PM
45: Crowds of 4 or more people, roof gardens, haystacks, benches and wells make inconceivable hiding spots, unless there's a corpse around.
46: Wearing a bandit mask makes you unrecognisable, even if you wear the same outfit every day and nobody can see your face anyway.
47: Do not eat the fish from the city's canals.
48: Due to the air being cleaner, guards during the Renaissance were short-sighted. How that works, I don't know.
49: Thieves, ******s and mercenaries were plentiful before the church outlawed them.
50: The best way to get posters noticed was to stick them on rooftops and out of sight.
51: Blacksmiths had an infinite supply of Altair's unique sword during the Renaissance.
52: Committing crimes unnoticed with no witnesses makes you notorious.
53: Parkour; it's genetic.
54: Secret tombs are hidden beneath Italy in needlessly complicated places.
55: After three centuries, guards are as thick as ever.
56: Throwing knives are easily mistaken for sorcery.
57: Crowds of ******s make you less conspicuous.
58: Assassins suffer from accelerated aging.
59: Desmond uses lots of toilet paper.
60: Lucy doesn't want us playing around with the Animus.
61: Abstergo isn't as secure as you think.
62: Altair is not a traitor. And THE ENTIRE CITY KNOWS!
63: There's more than one of these things.
64: People have become desensitized to violence even before videogames were around.
65: You'd need to be a madman to jump off a tower. And by extension, all Assassins are madmen.
66: It's always sunny in the Holy Land.
67: Ladders are a socially acceptable way to reach a rooftop. Climbing on buildings, however, is not.

Nick1021
10-21-2010, 09:37 PM
68: Everyone single person had an unlimited amount of twins.
69: Civilians only knew 8 different lines of text.
70: Seeing a person freak out and swing his weapons makes crowds around him even though he can kill you.
71: It is not murder if you push someone into the water or push someone into a crazy person swinging his sword.
72: Cheating husbands are invincible.
73: It is fine for a video game to kill a kid.
74: If you save a whole city and tons of guards from enemies they will still call you names while you walk by and attempt to murder you if brush amongst their shoulder, even though you saved their life and their friends.
75: Your aim gets better just by holding your arm for a second even though there are no sights.
76: Horses have a problem with other people.

gamertam
10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
If i may, i like to add in:

77.) the barcode 12212012

DoomKnight10
10-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
[QUOTE]12: Giant fires appear everywhere around the city the SECOND you get on a flying machine.
[QUOTE]

14. muscicians never learn that we hate it when they run up to you and play songs

Oh, musicians learn. My favorite way to make them learn is grab them, headbut them, punch them, and then knee them in the gut.

Nick1021
10-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DoomKnight10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
[QUOTE]

Oh, musicians learn. My favorite way to make them learn is grab them, headbut them, punch them, and then knee them in the gut. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But their is always more D= ALWAYS! WHY OH * WHY?!
I failed so many missions because of those dang musicians.
There are so many I lose my target. I try a different approach and use force and my target notices me.

DoomKnight10
10-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoomKnight10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
[QUOTE]

Oh, musicians learn. My favorite way to make them learn is grab them, headbut them, punch them, and then knee them in the gut. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But their is always more D= ALWAYS! WHY OH * WHY?!
I failed so many missions because of those dang musicians.
There are so many I lose my target. I try a different approach and use force and my target notices me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In cases like that, I generally take the rooftops. Simple enough to do, and effective.

Xanatos2007
10-21-2010, 11:21 PM
78. Pickpockets and Borgia messengers are the only people who will notice Ezio on-sight and will intentionally get in his way to let him know that.

EzioAssassin51
10-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
78. Pickpockets and Borgia messengers are the only people who will notice Ezio on-sight and will intentionally get in his way to let him know that.

79. People thought insulting someone wielding at least five different weapons would be a sure way of scaring them off/escaping them
80. 15th Century Guards are deaf
81. You can go from having a gun you must use your hand to fire to a semi-auto gun just by going into the Vatican and seeing aliens

Xanatos2007
10-22-2010, 12:24 AM
82. Altair did not find Adha.

Sloshylucas
10-22-2010, 03:19 AM
83. Someone will invent the Animus in 2011/2012. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

(I want one lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif)

GarethNelson
10-22-2010, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Sloshylucas:
83. Someone will invent the Animus in 2011/2012. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

(I want one lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif)

Not true!
It was invented years ago due to the thesis Lucy wrote

Sloshylucas
10-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Really? When did they say that?

(I still want one though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

mustangmaniak20
10-22-2010, 07:39 AM
84 ) Nodding at birds leads to a lot of people getting killed.
85 )IN the past only one man aged during the years. His name was Ezio Auditore.

Neo00_85
10-22-2010, 09:11 AM
86 - you can infiltrate the Vaticano City and have a boxing match with the pope

DarkicoN14
10-22-2010, 09:21 AM
87 if you pull a guard into a haystack and kill him the other guards will not wonder were he has gone

Nick1021
10-22-2010, 09:39 AM
88: Being on rooftops is illegal, but archers are still their.
89: All popes are fat.
90: Killing 3 civilians kills you.
91: Shiny apples can control people.
92: Trampling people with horses doesn't hurt them.
93: Ezio could take on 100 guards by himself, but he still has to get brain dead mercenaries to help him.
94: Mercenaries will jump off bridges to get to you, even if it kills them.
95: It's fine for video games to say the female organ word =P
96: You never have to go to the bathroom if you are an awesome assassin.
97: You never have to eat or drink if you are an awesome assassin.
98: Killing a specific person in public decreases your notoriety instead of increasing it.
99: AI's can survive any kind of attack.
100: Guards will block your hidden blade even if they don't suspect you at all.(AC1).

DONE!!!!!

sandmanssorrow
10-22-2010, 09:53 AM
101: (because I like breaking rules) Apparently during the Renaissance it was not illegal to walk into other peoples properties and take whatever they had in their treasure chests.

EzioAssassin51
10-22-2010, 03:32 PM
100: Guards will block your hidden blade even if they don't suspect you at all.(AC1).

Lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Clearly the do expect you if they blocked your blade!

But that's one hundred! Congrats http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

102. Gondoliers cannot swim despite rowing over water as a day job

Nick1021
10-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

Lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Clearly the do expect you if they blocked your blade!

But that's one hundred! Congrats http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

102. Gondoliers cannot swim despite rowing over water as a day job </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here is the situation. I'm walking in a giant crowd of people. The guards are relaxed and are not alarmed what so ever. I come from the side and they block it. It's just unrealistic.
and
101 is untrue because it IS illegal, just you kill all the guards so no-one catches you.

JackyVengeance
10-22-2010, 04:55 PM
103 all civilians and some guards will scrabble over small amounts of money

AnthonyA85
10-22-2010, 05:00 PM
104 And to add to that, they will even scramble for money on the floor right next to a dancing guard swinging his sword around, with absolutely no regard to the fact they could get killed (or just knocked out, since they still roll around on the floor and moan, meaning they're still alive)

EzioAssassin51
10-22-2010, 06:43 PM
101 is untrue because it IS illegal, just you kill all the guards so no-one catches you.

Lol, no he was talking about the balconies and places not being guarded

SWJS
10-22-2010, 10:00 PM
105. Lucy has countless outfits, and Desmond gained the ability to change clothes AND get a tattoo, while in the back of a moving van, while in the animus.

EzioAssassin51
10-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
105. Lucy has countless outfits, and Desmond gained the ability to change clothes AND get a tattoo, while in the back of a moving van, while in the animus.

Lol, he probably already had the tattoo, but we never saw it, and maybe they just had some spare clothes in the van, can't really explain that one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

Xanatos2007
10-22-2010, 10:53 PM
106. Try as you may, it is virtually impossible to kill somebody by burying them under a pile of coins.
107. Assassins invented auto knives. And the syringe. And guns. And Parkour. And flying machines. And crossbows. And tanks. And vending machines. And the economy. And throwing knives. And cool robes. And globalization. And alchemy. And death. And you know those little hard bits you find on the end of shoelaces? Yep, they invented those too.

Stormpen
10-22-2010, 11:34 PM
108. People left lots of hay under tall buildings.

Nick1021
10-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
106. Try as you may, it is virtually impossible to kill somebody by burying them under a pile of coins.
107. Assassins invented auto knives. And the syringe. And guns. And Parkour. And flying machines. And crossbows. And tanks. And vending machines. And the economy. And throwing knives. And cool robes. And globalization. And alchemy. And death. And you know those little hard bits you find on the end of shoelaces? Yep, they invented those too.
Actually Leonardo da Vinci is the inventor of the tank. He just never made one.

RandomRansom
10-23-2010, 12:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Actually Leonardo da Vinci is the inventor of the tank. He just never made one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then we can say this:

109) Leonardo DaVinci designed AND built the first tank in the early 16th century.

Only the second part of that isn't known to be true, but it is something "we learned in [the] AC series." http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ProjectXigis
10-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:

They actually explain that, but I would rather not go into that, XP.

110.) Throwing knives can pierce thick armor, and ALWAYS hit them square the chest.

Nick1021
10-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by ProjectXigis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:

110.) Throwing knives can pierce thick armor, and ALWAYS hit them square the chest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No actually please explain because I can't see any logic explanation other then helping assassins =P

itsamea-mario
10-23-2010, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Actually Leonardo da Vinci is the inventor of the tank. He just never made one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

most people here by now probably know that...
i'm pretty sure xantos doesn't also believe that assassins invented globalisation and anglets aswell.

salted onions
10-23-2010, 09:23 AM
111.) Those crazy hobos by the stoop of those apartment by your house were correct, humans were created by humanoid god/aliens and the end of the world is nigh.

aeroaxe3
10-23-2010, 11:17 AM
112: You can go from Abstergo in America, to Monteroggoni in Italy using ONLY a van.
113: Vans in 2012 have enough electricity to power a very sophisticated machine.

aeroaxe3
10-23-2010, 11:23 AM
113: The best way to have fun in the Reniassance was to pick a fight with the son of the most powerful man in Florence
114: You can still love your dad even if he pushes you off of a building into a pile of hay.
115: If you save a civillian, he automatically has badass assassin skills.

Nick1021
10-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by aeroaxe3:
113: The best way to have fun in the Reniassance was to pick a fight with the son of the most powerful man in Florence
114: You can still love your dad even if he pushes you off of a building into a pile of hay.
114:when did that happen?

aeroaxe3
10-23-2010, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aeroaxe3:
114:when did that happen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In the beginning of AC2 when your dad is arrested. You climb up the jail tower and you're really high up talking to him through the window. Then he hears the guard coming and he's all "you gotta get out of here" then he pushes you off the wall into a pile of hay.

itsamea-mario
10-23-2010, 03:57 PM
he doesn't push, you jump, and its for your own good anyway so either way it doesn't matter.

ashi717
10-23-2010, 04:59 PM
116:there is apparently a giant squid in a tomb under Italy...O.o

MCB280
10-23-2010, 06:16 PM
117) that the Templar made world war 2 just to find pieces of Eden.
118) Hitler was a Templar.
119) if you break into the pope place and punch his face in the guards don't care.
120)that Leonardo had a great brain so he could make guns, hidden blades and a flying machine.

EzioAssassin51
10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
In the beginning of AC2 when your dad is arrested. You climb up the jail tower and you're really high up talking to him through the window. Then he hears the guard coming and he's all "you gotta get out of here" then he pushes you off the wall into a pile of hay.

No he doesn't! Ezio just jumps off into the pile of hay! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

DarkicoN14
10-23-2010, 08:18 PM
112: You can go from Abstergo in America, to Monteroggoni in Italy using ONLY a van.
113: Vans in 2012 have enough electricity to power a very sophisticated machine.

actually abstergo was in italy most likely looking for the vault

ninjasownu
10-23-2010, 08:45 PM
121. Dont kill civilians until you have completed the objective.

SWJS
10-23-2010, 08:46 PM
116. By the 15th and 16th centuries, everyone, even babies, paperboys, pickpockets, and civil11ians, could freerun. Only, assassins could still do it better.

ninjasownu
10-23-2010, 08:54 PM
random number but I think 122: Only italian assassins ie: ezio can swim.

MT4K
10-23-2010, 09:01 PM
actually i believe Altair could swim in bloodlines, not played it though so i'm sure somebody else will confirm/deny that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ninjasownu
10-23-2010, 09:13 PM
The main trilogy games.

MT4K
10-23-2010, 09:16 PM
ok fine, i believe altair could always swim, but canon wise i think they explain something to do with a bug in the animus that prevented ancestors from swimming, something like that anyway

but importantly, canon wise, Altair knew how to swim i am pretty damn sure

Sparty2020
10-24-2010, 01:16 AM
random number 123: there were no children during the middle ages or the renaissance
124: old guys are really mean people
125: assassins were the only people to wear hoods in all of history
126: and guards still couldn't find them
127: Ezio is so awesome he can impregnate a girl at 48 years old
128: Ezio is so awesome he can run with an unsheathed sword on his hip without amputating his legs
129: the secret to eternal knowledge is found in a shiny ball
130: Apparently Scientology, Judeo-Christianity, Islam, and Evolution were all correct!

RandomRansom
10-24-2010, 01:18 AM

If you haven't played ACB yet, then how can you know the civilians saved automatically have badass assassin skills. It's been my impression that you have to train them for a while before they become assassins. I'd think they start out at lvl 1 (being more of a blunt force thug) and by lvl 10 (when you can actually use them for BAM, large fights Ezio gets into, and hail of arrows, etc.) THEN they have badass assassin skills.

RandomRansom
10-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
127: Ezio is so awesome he can impregnate a girl at 48 years old
128: Ezio is so awesome he can run with an unsheathed sword on his hip without amputating his legs
Men don't have a limited amount of sperm (though the possibility of birth defects begins to rise after a certain age). I can't remember who, but I remember hearing that someone famous in the past "impregnated a girl" when he was around 70. It's not impossible and 48 is definitely possible.

And as for #128... I can do that with my katana. It doesn't take that much skill to not cut yourself while running with a sword... just keep it away from your legs (and don't trip and fall). And doesn't Ezio and Altair both put the sword away if you sprint long enough or enter a freerun sequence? Looks like they're being careful too.

:: Disclaimer ::
All you kids out there reading this shouldn't run with swords. It can be dangerous if you aren't well trained. Think of this as your mother telling you not to run with scissors... only these scissors are much larger and can more easily hurt someone else too.

extrememuffin
10-24-2010, 01:48 AM
131: if you stab somebody important you enter a white area and are forced to talk to them while they lay there dying
132: going on revenge trips are useless because you will just end up letting the guy live anyway

ProjectXigis
10-24-2010, 03:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProjectXigis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormpen:

110.) Throwing knives can pierce thick armor, and ALWAYS hit them square the chest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No actually please explain because I can't see any logic explanation other then helping assassins =P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I remember them saying in the ACII and in the manual of the first game that Lucy edited the perches, bales of hay, pigeon, and the white sheets into the program in order to help Desmond navigate Italy and the Third Crusade better.

itsamea-mario
10-24-2010, 05:47 AM
that would mean changing history and i'm pretty sure she didn't do that.

persiateddy95
10-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by MT4K:
actually i believe Altair could swim in bloodlines, not played it though so i'm sure somebody else will confirm/deny that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Altair doesn't swim in Bloodlines, he drowns http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Stormpen
10-24-2010, 07:01 AM
133. Ezio can't see underwater.

tvalante
10-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by extrememuffin:
131: if you stab somebody important you enter a white area and are forced to talk to them while they lay there dying

Actually, even if you shoot someone from a distance, while you're standing in a large crowd on the dock and he's standing on a ship, you will be transported to his side to hear his final words before snapping back into your own body. And no one will notice anything.

Okay, scratch that. If you're running from an angry Orsi brother and happen to fall into the river, where you have to swim for miles and miles before you can grab a ledge and pull yourself out, and somewhere miles behind you the Orsi brother slips and falls into the river--you're transported to his side to hear his dying words, you get to pretend you killed him yourself, and then you end up alone in the river again miles away from the site of the accident.

(I so f-ed up that mission at first.)

aeroaxe3
10-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by RandomRansom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aeroaxe3:

If you haven't played ACB yet, then how can you know the civilians saved automatically have badass assassin skills. It's been my impression that you have to train them for a while before they become assassins. I'd think they start out at lvl 1 (being more of a blunt force thug) and by lvl 10 (when you can actually use them for BAM, large fights Ezio gets into, and hail of arrows, etc.) THEN they have badass assassin skills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, you're right about the training part, but still. A random civillian can go on missions and kill people.

X10J
10-24-2010, 01:27 PM
134: people in the the old days somehow maintained roof gardens inspite of being shot on sight.

ProjectXigis
10-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
that would mean changing history and i'm pretty sure she didn't do that.

No, it wouldn't. The Animus is based on puppeteering concept where Desmond can control Ezio and Altair as a puppet; that's how he learns Eagle Vision and to free-run. That's how Vidic does it with MP without messing up "history", since the people just controls his movements, not his real actions.

Also, with extra evidence, it says so in the Wikia. And since that's been there forever, no one has sought to remove it as an error.

itsamea-mario
10-24-2010, 02:14 PM
there are some liberties they can take, but altering the world to place hay bales, which also affect other aspects the world shouldn't be one of them.

besides i don't like the idea of puppeteering, i prefer that its just as if desmond is ezio, he feels as he is in control when in actuallity he is just reliving a memory, but such sophisticated sensational inputs cause him the be able to do these things, because desmond feels as he already know, and technically he does. he only geneticaly remembers the eagle vision ability.

all i see the puppeteering concept as is a gameplay mechanic, to justify you being able to play.

JJTHoukes
10-24-2010, 02:24 PM
I believe there was an explanation for the flowers in AC2.
Apperantly, there was the plague. And the flowers were supposed to cover up the smell of death.

itsamea-mario
10-24-2010, 02:39 PM
what flowers, i don't remember flowers.

JAHman28
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I thought it was a lot of red leaves...

itsamea-mario
10-24-2010, 02:45 PM
as did i.

JJTHoukes
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
From the Wikia:

In addition to hay, other piles of soft material can also be used, such as piles of leaves or flower petals.

itsamea-mario
10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
hmm, well im sure i've never happened upon this, not that im doubting there existance, though i'm sure ive never seen them in a city, maybe in tuscany?

ProjectXigis
10-24-2010, 11:01 PM
there are some liberties they can take, but altering the world to place hay bales, which also affect other aspects the world shouldn't be one of them.

besides i don't like the idea of puppeteering, i prefer that its just as if desmond is ezio, he feels as he is in control when in actuallity he is just reliving a memory, but such sophisticated sensational inputs cause him the be able to do these things, because desmond feels as he already know, and technically he does. he only geneticaly remembers the eagle vision ability.

all i see the puppeteering concept as is a gameplay mechanic, to justify you being able to play.

In the first game tutorial they state that controlling their ancestors is a pupppeteering mechanic, yet Desmond sees things through their eyes.

What other liberties are you talking about?

itsamea-mario
10-25-2010, 03:22 AM
I know they 'say' it's a puppeteering system, but that just seems likev justification for allowing you to control it.

and i mean things like a health bar or animus interfaces for everything, which i can imagine wouldn't be there if it was real.

DoomKnight10
10-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I know they 'say' it's a puppeteering system, but that just seems likev justification for allowing you to control it.

and i mean things like a health bar or animus interfaces for everything, which i can imagine wouldn't be there if it was real.
I wouldnt be surprised if that wouldnt be there in the animus if it was real. Its a game. Its tough to play a game when you have no idea how much of everything you have, and have no map.

Preversive
10-25-2010, 09:32 PM
ontopic:
135: Appearantly, one man CAN make a difference... by killing hundreds of trained soldiers without dying, pretty good.