PDA

View Full Version : NEED TIPS TO WIN KI-84.

IAF-JiNjI
01-27-2004, 08:35 AM
hey all.
can any one give me a few tips to win a fight with a p-40m vs ki84?
vs 109&190 i do a turn fight.
vs a zero i do BNZ.
but i dont know what is the best poin of the p-40 on a ki84..
thanks.
shai.

IAF-JiNjI
01-27-2004, 08:35 AM
hey all.
can any one give me a few tips to win a fight with a p-40m vs ki84?
vs 109&190 i do a turn fight.
vs a zero i do BNZ.
but i dont know what is the best poin of the p-40 on a ki84..
thanks.
shai.

p1ngu666
01-27-2004, 08:41 AM
hmm, u might outdive it. try to keep it fast
tough one really
be lucky/better http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MystiqBlackCat
01-27-2004, 08:48 AM
your not going to out run him so I'd say get high and stay high, B&Z and don't enter a turn fight until you have to. I'm not sure which turns better. Although I do know that the KI-84 isn't very sturdy, basically like a flying gas can. If you can hit him the damage will definitely give you an advantage. I fly the Ki-84 online and the plane is amazing until someone puts a hole in it somewhere.

bodaw
01-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Hi, it all depends on the other pilot in the Ki84. In the hands of the experienced pilot, the Ki84 is unbeatable. It turns with a Zero and could safely dive up to 820 kmh.

But just like MystiqBlackCat said it doesn't take damage very well, especially on the wings. The elevator and rudders are somewhat sturdier.

The Ki84 is at it's best between speeds of 300 to 375 kmh.Blackouts are common with hard manuvering above 400 kmh.

It is a twitchy gun platform by itself. So it is inferior to P40 in headon shots. So try to go for the headon shots.

If the Ki84 pilot is unfamiliar with the plane. It tends to stall/spin at slow speed and high angle of attack manuvers.

Hope this helps and goodluck..

GoodKn1ght
01-27-2004, 11:30 AM
low speed scissors/stall fight will beat him. ive seen p39s win this way.

the thing about the ki, it doesnt turn as well as a zero, but the planes it cant outturn, it can outrun and the planes its cant outrun, it can outturn.

"Friends don't let friends fly arcade"

LilHorse
01-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Not to mention that the Ki-84 is probably the last really botched plane in FB in terms of it's FM. It is well known for being an uber UFO. It's a point *****'s plane. My advice would be not to fly in servers where it's offered. And if you do insist on flying in servers where it's offered then only do so where there are no icons, no externals, locked cockpit, no PL, etc. And only those with clouds. That way you can at least get the jump on them. Always nice to ruin a point *****'s day that way.

VW-IceFire
01-27-2004, 01:24 PM
That's a tough fight with a 1942 aircraft competing against a 1944 aircraft. Ki has some FM issues to be worked out yet but it'd be a REALLY tough fight either way. The Ki-84 was a real challenge to P-51 pilots during the war...although by that time the pilot quality had degraded and Allied aircraft were winning victories based on piloting experience.

In any case...the P-40's only chance to win is the element of surprise or a team of two on one. Tangling with a Ki-84 as it stands now is a tough proposition for most planes.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig1.jpg
The New IL2 Database is Coming Soon!

IAF-JiNjI
01-28-2004, 06:19 AM
THANK YOU ALL.