PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted with makeing a new WC style PTO server.

fordfan25
08-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I have been talking with VFS-22_SPaRX about getting to gather a PTO server with setting's ect like warclouds. whats needed is people to build some good missions. he has not the time to do it himself but is willing to host on his server. as i understand it is to be much like warcouds in settings and missions. historicle plane sets with mission objectives. as far as i know any thing from pearlharbor on to the end of the end of the war. plane set's are to be kept as even as posable. sparx and i have a PM thread on the subject and any one willing to build missions just PM sparx or me for now. i will be posting this this thread in PF,Gen-disscussion and mission builders forums.

Crash_Moses
08-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Well, I'm a full-real kind of guy but I started out visiting Warclouds and the like so I understand the appeal. Be a great way to recruit others...some of whom I imagine would gravitate towards full-real servers like Pacific Conflict and Zeke vs. Wildcat eventually.

What about taking some of the stock single missions and modifying them for on-line play? Wouldn't take much and it would give you a start.

S!

VVaFFenPanZZeR
08-22-2006, 09:29 AM
I've been thinking of making some PTO Missions. I have a reference book called Marine Aviation in the Philippines. Its a hard cover book published in 1951. I have many old War books like this from my Father.

But is there a Philippines Map. I doubt it eh?, I havent looked for 1.

Crash_Moses
08-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Nope. No Philippines. No Slot either but Pelalue(sic) comes close (even if the islands all run NE instead of NW). You can adapt Guadalcanal to just about anything though. And the Coral Sea map is great for recreating those historic carrier battles.

And for what it's worth...we always have a blast on Pacific Conflict with the Wake and Midway maps. Very popular.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
08-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah thats what I like the ships and bombers, torp planes. I wish the PTO was 100% complete.

Crash_Moses
08-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Ya know, one that I always enjoy off-line is the "Routine Pearl Harbor Patrol" mission in the single mission/Navy/SBD category. Quickly turns into a Val vs. SBD free for all. Not exactly historically accurate but I bet it'd be loads of fun.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
08-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah I like that mission also, isn't that a P-40 with a wingman?

Crash_Moses
08-22-2006, 10:05 PM
Nope. SBD-3. Well, there might be a P-40 version. Never checked the single missions under P-40. Hmmm...now I'm curious.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
08-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah check it out, its u and a wing man against a whole squdron of zeros and jap bombers.

Crash_Moses
08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Japanese bombers.

Yup...I checked it out. Two Pearl Harbor P-40 Missions under US Navy.

My Vector upgrade for my TIR3pro arrived yesterday so as soon as I get it tweaked (a little more complicated than I thought) I'll check 'em out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

S!

P.S. Hey, Fordfan! We're hijacking your thread! Better stop us... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif