PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy review 3 1/2 stars...

Spykes_wab
11-13-2007, 10:35 AM
They were pretty harsh with the game. Saying that the game never found a true balance between too easy and too hard. Also calling the game repetitive and overall, just plain unsatisfying.

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/assassins-creed/834669p1.html

Surprising how the reviews have gradually gotten worse as the game has reached it's launch date...

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Two good review sites: Gamespy and TeamXbox, both gave the same kind of score. TeamXbox gave it an 7.9. I'm not worried, though. But this is probaly going to feed the trolls.

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Damn, a bad day for AC. I'm still waiting for Gamespot and IGN though. But I won't admit that this is gonna hurt the developers... still gonna get it.

b-busher
11-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Ok now I,m starting to worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ign and gamespot are the most important for me though.

Spykes_wab
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by b-busher:
Ok now I,m starting to worry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ign and gamespot are the most important for me though.

Historically, IGN and Gamespot have given similar reviews to Gamespy. Hopefully they don't in this case, but that's what I've noticed.

zeldapsychology
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Wow 3 1/2 stars! I am worried aswell I am guessing 7's now if it's lucky, :-(

Dvlos56
11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by b-busher:

IGN depends on who reviews it, they only have like 1 decent reviewer in the bunch I think.

Gamespot has more thorough guys on their staff, I am curious for Gamespot as well, but there's nothing to worry about.. I maybe the resident Gloomy Gus, but I just think the game is not for everyone, you could always rent then buy, or rent and then trade it if you DO not like, but if you love it play it to death and replay it.

There maybe a way to play this game that just 5-6 hours of playing does not really uncover. It's just that one thing should be made clear, if it does not live up to YOUR expectations after playing it extensively.. voice your opinions, make it clear that shallow games are not wanted.

S.I.N.N.
11-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Im worried abut the IGN and Gamespot reviews also. If it is a good game they usualy get thier review up ASAP.

b-busher
11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by S.I.N.N.:
Im worried abut the IGN and Gamespot reviews also. If it is a good game they usualy get thier review up ASAP.

Not really I just think there deciding what to give it overall.

Spykes_wab
11-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by S.I.N.N.:

That's not always true. IGN and Gamespot usually take a few days to get there reviews out there.

I think what they're doing is staggering their reviews. With how many big games are coming out this week, they probably don't want to flood the site with reviews, as one of them might get lost in the shuffle.

S.I.N.N.
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Spykes_wab:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S.I.N.N.:

That's not always true. IGN and Gamespot usually take a few days to get there reviews out there.

I think what they're doing is staggering their reviews. With how many big games are coming out this week, they probably don't want to flood the site with reviews, as one of them might get lost in the shuffle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so I have been waiting for this game for far to lomg for it to be aa stinker http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Dvlos56
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM

IGN is usually first, while Gamespot is usually the last, with the typically the most down to earth review, but not always.

chickmgnt222
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
IGN is usually first, while Gamespot is usually the last, with the typically the most down to earth review, but not always.

Funny, I usually find Gamespot's to be the most biased reviews on the market. Meh, oh well, it doesn't matter much to me anyway as I am waiting for the PC.

TheECP
11-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm not worried at all, from everything I know and have seen about the game, I know I'm gonna love it.

Dvlos56
11-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by chickmgnt222:
Meh, oh well, it doesn't matter much to me anyway as I am waiting for the PC.

Man Ubisoft and PC versions are usually a DICEY affair (Although this is mostly the POP team and the POP games on PC were pretty alright)

T_Spoon_UK
11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Meh. dont care what Reviewers say, ever.

Their opinion never changes my mind.

I think this game looks good, i think i'll enjoy it and im gonna buy it. thats all there is too it.

BellumetPax
11-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I am starting to get worried though...Although where are all those people who played it before it came out?? How come they arent over here saying that these people are wrong. Could the game actually suck?

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
everything he wrote thaere for me sounded great or not a problem at all.

and he proved many times he has no clue about the game style to appreciate it

Spykes_wab
11-13-2007, 12:46 PM
From what I've heard out of most of the reviews, a lot of the "problems" they have with the game seem to be pretty trivial imo.

For instance, in one of the reviews (Gamyspy, I think), they complained about not being able to "connect" on a personal level with Altair. This isn't some Academy Award winning movie, it's an f'ing video game.

I'm not all that worried that I won't like the game or anything... but I am concerned that

pillaysteven
11-13-2007, 12:49 PM
From what I've heard out of most of the reviews, a lot of the "problems" they have with the game seem to be pretty trivial imo.

For instance, in one of the reviews (Gamyspy, I think), they complained about not being able to "connect" on a personal level with Altair. This isn't some Academy Award winning movie, it's an f'ing video game.

I'm not all that worried that I won't like the game or anything... but I am concerned that

I agree. They would connect if they played the game the way it was meant to be played and not just the way that's easiest. Role-play to a small extent. That's what I intended doing from the start... only fight when necessary.

Spykes_wab
11-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I just find it really odd how much the reviews differ from one source to another. I've always been a big fan of GameInformer, and they gave AC a great score. Then with IGN, I usually find that they are right on with what I like as well, but if that video review is an indication, they aren't going to be giving the game a great score.

So there are two reviewers that I respect, both with 2 quite different views on the game.

pillaysteven
11-13-2007, 01:15 PM
I trust Game Informer and Gametrailers so I'm all set really. Average of 9.3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. I used to trust IGN and Gamespot but don't anymore because IMO they have become far too demanding. I fully expect to love Assassin's Creed.

chayangel
11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
alot of reviews say its repetative and its funny how on the ign forum jade got all fired up over some saying it. that must of hit her weak point because maybe its true, but it doesnt mean the gsme is **** its just for some people they wont be able to sit there playing it for a few hours without turning the console off