PDA

View Full Version : OT : Big gun



Pteranodon
01-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Just fun

Big gun (http://www.compfused.com/directlink/472/)

PBNA-Boosher
01-19-2005, 12:14 PM
hehe, cool but:

IBTL http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BlitzPig_DDT
01-19-2005, 12:26 PM
Riot on the radio, pictures on the TV
Invader man take what he can
shootout on the silver screen
Stickin' 'em up and knocking them down
living out a fantasy
There's a bad man cruising around
in a big black limousine

Don't let it be wrong, don't let it be right
Get in his way, you're dead in his sights
Big gun
Big gun
Number one
Big gun
Big gun kick the hell out of you

Terminators, Uzi makers, shootin' up Hollywood
Snakes alive with a forty-five
getting off and doing no good.
If you ain't wise, they'll cannibalise
tear flesh off you
Classified, lady killers
preyin' in the human zoo
They saddle you up and take you to town
Better look out, when he come around
Big gun
Big gun
Number one
Big gun
Big gun kick the hell out of you

Show down
Yeah

Big gun
Big gun
Number one
mmmmmmmmmmm
aauuugh aauuugh
yaay yaaay
mmmmmmmmmmms
buba buba buba buba buba buba
Big gun, gotta hot one
Big gun, gotta number one
Big gun, loaded and cocked
Big gun, hot hot hot
Got big gun, ready or not
Big gun, give it, give it a shot, come on
Terminator
Uzi Maker
Regulators
gonna get you later

Big gun kick the hell out of you

Airmail109
01-19-2005, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlitzPig_DDT:
Riot on the radio, pictures on the TV
Invader man take what he can
shootout on the silver screen
Stickin' 'em up and knocking them down
living out a fantasy
There's a bad man cruising around
in a big black limousine

Don't let it be wrong, don't let it be right
Get in his way, you're dead in his sights
Big gun
Big gun
Number one
Big gun
Big gun kick the hell out of you

Terminators, Uzi makers, shootin' up Hollywood
Snakes alive with a forty-five
getting off and doing no good.
If you ain't wise, they'll cannibalise
tear flesh off you
Classified, lady killers
preyin' in the human zoo
They saddle you up and take you to town
Better look out, when he come around
Big gun
Big gun
Number one
Big gun
Big gun kick the hell out of you

Show down
Yeah

Big gun
Big gun
Number one
mmmmmmmmmmm
aauuugh aauuugh
yaay yaaay
mmmmmmmmmmms
buba buba buba buba buba buba
Big gun, gotta hot one
Big gun, gotta number one
Big gun, loaded and cocked
Big gun, hot hot hot
Got big gun, ready or not
Big gun, give it, give it a shot, come on
Terminator
Uzi Maker
Regulators
gonna get you later

Big gun kick the hell out of you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For being so crazy, Ive decided to add you to my poll as I think your drunk! http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=5761086562 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

VOL_Hans
01-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Looks like a normal bolt-action rifle...Perhaps a Mauser 98K? Or a Springy?

Only thing is, arabs are useda the wuss method of shooting: Hold your AK out infront of you so it dont recoil into your body.

Dumb move with a bolt...

Hydra444
01-19-2005, 06:00 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gifLMAO.*wipes tears out of eyes*Dude,that was classic LOL My gut hurts from laughin so hard

LStarosta
01-19-2005, 07:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VOL_Hans:
Looks like a normal bolt-action rifle...Perhaps a Mauser 98K? Or a Springy?

Only thing is, arabs are useda the wuss method of shooting: Hold your AK out infront of you so it dont recoil into your body.

Dumb move with a bolt... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, after seeing those shots of insurgents in Iraq, I always wondered how they aimed those PKM's from the hip...

BlitzPig_DDT
01-19-2005, 07:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aimail101:
For being so crazy, Ive decided to add you to my poll as I think your drunk! http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=5761086562 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crazy!? I'll have you know that I don't suffer from insanity



I enjoy every minute of it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Tully__
01-19-2005, 07:31 PM
My money's on him never having fired anything more offensive than a BB gun before.

wayno7777
01-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Should have seen the gun on Mail Call the other night. WW1 bolt action tank buster rifle. Weighed about 40 pounds. Shell could penatrate 1 1/2 inches of steel plate!

Tully__
01-19-2005, 08:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wayno7777:
Should have seen the gun on Mail Call the other night. WW1 bolt action tank buster rifle. Weighed about 40 pounds. Shell could penatrate 1 1/2 inches of steel plate! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boys 0.55cal ? I've seen one of those in action...the first shot it fired stopped all action on a rifle range full of shooters...those things are loud!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

wayno7777
01-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Not sure, I'll search Mail Call and see if there any info on it. It'a BIG rifle.

J_Weaver
01-19-2005, 08:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
My money's on him never having fired anything more offensive than a BB gun before. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep...most likely. You can tell by his stance that he has little or no experience with firearms.

BlitzPig_DDT
01-19-2005, 09:13 PM
It's not that big.

I've shot .45/.70 in both a 1916 Springfield that was about 6ft long, and a lever action Marlin. The Marlin was a hotter round too. Neither was a big deal. One guy with us was scrawny and complaining about shoulder bruising from the Marlin, but that's it.

Look at that video though, the dude's in socks! Who the hell goes to a fireing range in anything less than fully covering footwear? Only people that don't know what the hell they're doing. And he showed it more in his grip. The thing cartwheeled out of his hand as it spun him around. He had it resting in his front hand without actually holding onto it.

That could have been .30-06 or some such with the experience he seemed to have.

wayno7777
01-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, that wasn't that big. The rifle from Mail Call is a Mauser, M1918 13mm Mauser "Tank-Gewehr" anti-tank rifle. http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Guns/UFO/ to see a small pic.

BlitzPig_DDT
01-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Ok, bigger than I thought. lol I stand by the claim that it's plenty handle-able, just not by him.

I wonder what was behind the backstop though....

J_Weaver
01-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Yea the guy had no idea what he was doing. Heck I've been shooting since I was about 6 years old. I remember going with my grandfather once when I was just a little fart. I wanted to shoot his Enfield but was too small to hold it up to my shoulder. I just pointed and shot.

Tully__
01-20-2005, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wayno7777:
Yeah, that wasn't that big. The rifle from Mail Call is a Mauser, M1918 13mm Mauser "Tank-Gewehr" anti-tank rifle. http://www.wwi-models.org/Photos/Guns/UFO/ to see a small pic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ahhh, I missed the WW1 reference. The Boys was WW2. See Here (http://www.winterwar.com/Weapons/FinAT/FINantitank2.htm#boys)

MO_JOJO
01-20-2005, 12:45 AM
That's not a gun. Now this is a gun....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MO_JOJO/16ingun.jpg

wayno7777
01-20-2005, 01:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MO_JOJO:
That's not a gun. Now this is a gun....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MO_JOJO/16ingun.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
...ya gotta point there! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Daiichidoku
01-20-2005, 03:23 AM
Easy to see, the butt wasnt in his shoulder enough, was leverage waiting to happen....looks like he also had a dishpan hand securing the grip

Daiichidoku
01-20-2005, 03:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MO_JOJO:
That's not a gun. Now this is a gun....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MO_JOJO/16ingun.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>



That's not a gun. Now THIS is a gun...

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgAtA60YOeSg9IQKCWarLp9xVtEkBjBP6XeYNyVfRb7JwNPDC QP7*hgFQNp5G5NglFY6cZw2xWg2god1C1SksICbK*r5aVK3vbQ Fz1WXN!N0nZTm8X*vnw/02_supergun.jpg?dc=4675506635375076548

heres some info on the gun and its creator, Gerald Bull:
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iraq/other/supergun.htm

MO_JOJO
01-20-2005, 03:54 AM
That's a gun? Looks like a piece of pipeline under construction. I don't doubt such a gun exsists, but the photo doesn't seem to match the description.

Daiichidoku
01-20-2005, 04:02 AM
Under Project Babylon, Bull extended his HARP gun design to build the barrel in segments, with a total length of 512 feet. The gun would be able to fire 600 kg projectile to a range of 1,000 kilometers, or a 2,000 kg rocket-assisted projectile into orbit.
As a component of Project Babylon, Bull built a smaller gun, nick-named Baby Babylon, as a prototype for the larger gun. This 40 meter long gun was first constructed for horizontal testing in the summer of 1989, and installed at Jabal Hamrayn, ninety miles north of Baghdad, in central Iraq [Jabal Hamrin MTS 34?30'N 44?30'E]. The gun was positioned along a mountainside at an agle of about 45 degrees.

This is a pic of the "baby babylon"

MO_JOJO
01-20-2005, 04:07 AM
So it has a fixed direction of fire? How do they make adjustments, reload, etc.?

Daiichidoku
01-20-2005, 04:18 AM
Im not Gerald Bull...I dont know


its not really meant for conventional warheads, but could be used as such, as it fired 155mm shells....at a huge range....obviously there must be a breech at the bottom, and some adjustments must be able to be made, probably via jacks repostioning the gun slightly..with its range, the adjustment must not have had to be very significant at the site

Tully__
01-21-2005, 09:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MO_JOJO:
So it has a fixed direction of fire? How do they make adjustments, reload, etc.? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With some of the proposed munitions/projectiles they'd have been able to use smart, finned projectiles (similar to laser guided bombs, but possibly with some other form of guidance).