PDA

View Full Version : Great game, but maddingly frustrating

bullfrogman1981
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
So I'm absolutely loving AC 2. It's got a really compelling story, and I really enjoy the gameplay. I can't remember, though, a game I've liked this much and have also gotten so frustrated with.

The inability to save progress is maddening when you spend 30 minutes painstakingly sneaking around, picking off archers on top of towers so you can approach your target, only to lose all your progress when you misstep and fall to your doom. I have absolutely nothing to show for the last two hours of play due to this issue. As I said, I really enjoy the story, setting, and gameplay, but the frustration that comes in losing progress again and again makes me want to just quit and pick up Dragon Age again.

Crash_Plague
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
PROTIP: View points (and feathers I believe) serve as save triggers, forcing a save in game.

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Aye, I think the missions should have more checkpoints as well. It takes too long between them.

Also, one of the main reasons of falling down is of how the free running mechanic works, it can't think in bended lines, only in straight lines.

blarson11
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
the only problem i have had is the game interpreting my intention to jump across a gap incorrectly. sometimes it seems to think i want to dive into the water below, usually when i am trying to chase a pick pocket or courier.

Enkeixpress
11-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I think the game has no problems.. I mean, I've completed the game & had no problems with it all the way through.

I'm now just collecting treasures, feathers & doing some of the side-stuff, Really polished game!

An_Idea
11-23-2009, 07:15 PM
just enter a shop, exit and itll save, its really not that big of a deal