PDA

View Full Version : Learning

rahul911
02-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I just noticed, that while i tried to know exactly what the background of the game is, i have learned some history as well, about the hashashin (or howerer its spelled).

noobfun
02-19-2007, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by rahul911:
I just noticed, that while i tried to know exactly what the background of the game is, i have learned some history as well, about the hashashin (or howerer its spelled).

umm do you mean the 'History' of it or the junk on wikipedia and that jade keeps comming out with in interviews??

XxKillabytexX
02-19-2007, 03:06 AM
Hey don't knock Jade. Were lucky to have a game that has a butiful producer not just some fat nerd.

noobfun
02-19-2007, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
Hey don't knock Jade. Were lucky to have a game that has a butiful producer not just some fat nerd.

lol

her history sucks, she is kinda cute, and as long as they are doing thier job properly i dont mind if it is some fat nerd doing it

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 01:19 AM
Is that cause the fat nerd turns you on or what.

Also how could Jade's history crappy she is the freeking producer for christ's sake.

noobfun
02-20-2007, 03:42 AM
Is that cause the fat nerd turns you on or what.

Also how could Jade's history crappy she is the freeking producer for christ's sake.

yepp think u deffinatley got a crush on me, my very own stalker

yepp she is a game producer ... not a historian ... she is trying to sell the game not the history ...

its called poetic license she takes 500 years of nizari history throws it out the window and uses the propaganda and myths to make it more sexy and workable as a game

how many times as she said you work for hassan? [hassan I died very early in the 12th century, hassan II is also dead and it will be 1213 when hassan III takes over, 1191 was the rule of mohamed at alamut as the religeous leader of the nizari]

how many times has she said hassan is called the old man of the mountain [sinan was the guy referred to as the old man of the mountain, the guy who ran the syrian nizari state up until 1192]

how many times as she said the clan has called hashassin? [ that was a slang insult hash eaters bieng considered scum in the arabic world, it wasnt even a widley used term reffering to the nizari, it was still in use in egypt up to the second world war for anyone who was disruptive]

altair is bieng built as a kind of robin hood figure, he helps the poor who inturn help him [nizari didnt really care about the poor or the rich the only people they bothered about that were non nizari were the people who could be a threat to thier small states, and most assassins lived with thier intended target for many years, they would get employment within influencial familys at teachers or religeous instructors or guards and stay thier for many years waiting for the order to kill a member of that family]

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 04:13 AM
ITS A GAME

It dosen't matter about this old man thing cause Its just a game. Like jesus crist do you do this for every game. When the new Harry Potter comes out you will be sitting in your1 bedroom 0 bathroom house with the TV turned on to the history channel writing some 20 page thing about how people didn't belive in magic in 1245 or somthing like that. Just get over it its a game and they can do whatever the hell they want.

And by the way you must feel really touched knowing that someone actually pais attention to you.

And if you think im stiking up for Jade cause shes hot then your probably right lol.........but still.

And im also sry for clogging up this fourm with this but it just had to be said.

Thanks.XxKillabytexX.

***edited for content - do not bypass the autocensor, it exists for a reason - mind your language please, this is an E-rated forum - thanks //zgubilici

noobfun
02-20-2007, 04:23 AM
lmao

you said her history was perfect because she is the game producer,

and if you start an argument with me about history and get proved wrong deal with it, not freak and shout and stamp your feet,

im not your mom so im not gonna give ya a big hug tell ya everythings gonna be ok then by you the sweeties you want becuase your having a tantrum

and nope harry poter isnt in the least bit historical, and that time period wouldnt interest me in the slightest

XxKillabytexX
02-20-2007, 04:29 AM
I never said Jade's history was perfect I just said that shes the game producer and that she should know what shes talking about.

Also how do you know that your sources are correct and that Jade's are rong.

And just because you can't handel big boy language dosent mean you have to give me any "oh stop chucking a tantrum" crapp.

noobfun
02-20-2007, 05:12 AM
I never said Jade's history was perfect I just said that shes the game producer and that she should know what shes talking about.

Also how do you know that your sources are correct and that Jade's are rong.

And just because you can't handel big boy language dosent mean you have to give me any "oh stop chucking a tantrum" crapp.

big boys learn to play by the rules, i believe theres a language clause in the forum agreement,

well my sources are based on the book "alamut" the same as the guy who had the idea for the game, the differance is the books over 50 years old, a handfull of nizari period documents have come to light since then (they were all thought to be lost when the mongels destroyed the nizari fortresses)also a lot more research has been done bringing new information to our understanding and discreditiong the hash eating wild eyed crazies bent on the destruction of everything theory, and giving us more information on key figures throughout nizari history and just as importantly their religeous beliefs from 1090 on wards the start of the nizari sect, the resserection, the switch to older ishma'ili beliefs and practices, the mass conversion to sunn'ism, then back to nizari pre resserection

it doesnt matter if jade is hot or not, if she is wrong she is wrong, simple fact

the fact your willing to jump in and argue that wrong is right because you think she is cute says many things about you ... and none about me

FCY-ETC
02-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Stop beating the dead horse already.

kierentod
02-20-2007, 01:12 PM
wowl is this suposed to be learning ? or i think this topic should be called "argueing topic" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

XxKillabytexX
02-21-2007, 03:21 AM
wowl is this suposed to be learning ? or i think this topic should be called "argueing topic"

LoL

Noobfun.........

You got your information from a book right. Now last time I checked people make things up to sell the book don't they. Also the people who are wrighting the book have sources dont they.

Now
Jade Is making a game isn't she. She makes things up to sell the game dosen't she. she has sources dosen't she.

Do you see where im going...

People are greedy. They make stuff up for money and power. The sources that you are following probably have some rong facts and the some goes for the sources that im following.

Now how do we tell what is correct and what is incorrect?

kierentod
02-21-2007, 10:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">wowl is this suposed to be learning ? or i think this topic should be called "argueing topic"

LoL

Noobfun.........

You got your information from a book right. Now last time I checked people make things up to sell the book don't they. Also the people who are wrighting the book have sources dont they.

Now
Jade Is making a game isn't she. She makes things up to sell the game dosen't she. she has sources dosen't she.

Do you see where im going...

People are greedy. They make stuff up for money and power. The sources that you are following probably have some rong facts and the some goes for the sources that im following.

Now how do we tell what is correct and what is incorrect? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> TRUE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

rahul911
02-22-2007, 05:57 AM
People, i had actually started this thread because i 'believed' whatever happened during 1191 A.D., by dat i don't mean the game story but what had actually happened during that tym, but u guys r saying that its neither right or wrong so i'll take my bets of it, seriosuly,, stop arguing ppl

noobfun
02-22-2007, 07:12 AM
originally quoted from The Assassins of alamut -Anthony Campbell: Stories such as these made up the legend of the Assassins that persisted in the West until quite recently. In the nineteenth century a Viennese amateur historian called von Hammer Purgstall wrote a book about the Assassins in which he ascribed to them, if not quite every conceivable form of infamy, at least most of those that could be openly referred to in print at the time. Whenever more than one possible interpretation of a statement or event existed, von Hammer automatically preferred the one that showed the Assassins in the worst possible light. His motive in writing seems to have been as much to emphasize the wickedness of all secret societies (including the Jesuits and Freemasons of his day) as to make a historical study of the Assassins, and his book has little historical value; nevertheless, it remained the standard reference work on the sect as late as the 1930s, when Freya Stark went to Alamut.

Since that time, however, much new information has come to light, some of it material preserved by descendants of the Assassins themselves. This has been extensively studied and edited by the Russian scholar W. Ivanow, who apparently has had access to a large number of documents and manuscripts that are not generally available. The other main authority on the sect is the American M.G.S. Hodgson.

your right why take my word for it, Hodgson only wrote 1 book on the subject the secret order of the assassins, Ivanow that i can find never released a book about it. these are historical scholars most of thier work were released as studies so no need to add extra spice to make the books sell well

the quote from above is taken from a book .. thats free to download,

here it is (http://www.acampbell.ukfsn.org/assassins/assassins-html/index.html)

your also arguing my point made earlier

originally quoted by Noobfun: its called poetic license she takes 500 years of nizari history throws it out the window and uses the propaganda and myths to make it more sexy and workable as a game

this is about history not game drama

XxKillabytexX
02-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Look man you really need to calm down ok.

Im trying to compramise with you. Jade is rong with some things and your source is rong with some things as well.

But beneath all these lies and deceit there is a crunchy nugart of truth.

FCY-ETC
02-23-2007, 06:39 AM
XxKillabytexX & noobfun: you're both going to drop this silly little internet feud right now. You just keep repeating the same old arguments over and over and it's starting to get incredibly annoying - especially when the two of you are bickering in so many threads. Take this to private messages or other forums, for all I care, but I don't want to see anymore of it on these public boards. End of.

XxKillabytexX
02-24-2007, 12:13 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Thats what I've been trying to tell him.