PDA

View Full Version : Sound Issues

Turkkish
04-29-2010, 01:50 AM
When I run my game, the sound works during all of the loading screens till it gets to the main menu, then it mutes. When I click on single player, the sound will start back up just fine for about a minute, then it mutes again. My computer is decent, I'm running an AMD 3.2ghz quad core, radeon 4870 video card, and an MSi motherboard (can't remember the model. Maybe 790 gx?). Anyway, wtf is wrong? I've been fixing issues with this stupid game ALL day

GermanJoe
04-29-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm having the same issues with cutscenes, monologues are slurred at best - but mostly studder and are off-sync.

AMDX2 5800, ATI HD4870, Soundblaster X-Fi

Turkkish
04-29-2010, 02:41 AM
I forgot to add that my onboard sound card is realtek hd

KingDaniel0
04-29-2010, 03:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------

@Turkkish,

Which OS are you using ? If you are using Win XP, then you can try reducing the 'Audio Hardware Acceleration', and then check for any in-game difference. Try experimenting by lowering the acceleration by one notch, and then check the game's performance.

And I think you might have already 'Updated' your Sound Card drivers before ? Does this happen only while playing SCC ? Is your Speaker Configuration setting, set to Stereo ?

NOT sure, but there must be some Audio Config file, IF the game uses one e.g. DARE.ini etc. Might be an idea to peek into it, and check some variables in there ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Turkkish
04-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
--------------------------------------------------------------

@Turkkish,

Which OS are you using ? If you are using Win XP, then you can try reducing the 'Audio Hardware Acceleration', and then check for any in-game difference. Try experimenting by lowering the acceleration by one notch, and then check the game's performance.

And I think you might have already 'Updated' your Sound Card drivers before ? Does this happen only while playing SCC ? Is your Speaker Configuration setting, set to Stereo ?

NOT sure, but there must be some Audio Config file, IF the game uses one e.g. DARE.ini etc. Might be an idea to peek into it, and check some variables in there ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am actually using windows vista. I checked my sound driver and it was up to date, but I reinstalled them last night anyway. This did not fix my problem. I'll try going in there and turning some things down to see if it makes a difference. Oh, and yes this only happens when playing SCC

Turkkish
04-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Tried changing different levels, checking boxes, running the program, exiting out, etc. My configuration setting is on stereo too. arghh

Solidmgsnake
04-29-2010, 03:59 PM
This was actually in the Readme.txt file. It seemed to fix the audio problems for me.

* If using Realtek High Definition Audio, Soundmax HD Audio, or nForce Audio,
you may experience sound anomalies.

To work around the problem, reduce the Hardware acceleration slider to 'Basic'
in the Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices->Audio tab->Advanced->Performance
tab.

Rayath
04-29-2010, 04:40 PM
That would most likely work yes.

Only problem is that such an option doesn't exist in either Windows Vista or 7.

Turkkish
04-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Rayath:
That would most likely work yes.

Only problem is that such an option doesn't exist in either Windows Vista or 7.

Too true. I tried exploring my options to perform this and so far, I haven't found any program I can install that will allow me to do that. I've been on the phone with Ubi 3 times today, and they're basically telling me since none of their solutions are working, that I'm most likely going to have to wait for them to patch the game again?

If anyone knows how to work through this issue, using windows vista, please help..

saturnstarzz
04-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Trey going into you Pc's bios and change audio settings for the audio device change it from AC97 to Azalia. this will change it from being software emulated (AC97) to hardware based.

Turkkish
04-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Might I also add that I have NEVER seen a game with as many problems as this one. It's completely ridiculous to me that the developers didn't take the time to test this game completely to make sure that most or all of the bugs were corrected before releasing this to the public. I can understand a game having minor issues when it's released, but sounds missing, EXTREME graphic glitches with high performance (not to mention extremely popular) video cards, black screens, various error messages, and multiple types of crashes? This game is completely BROKEN in it's current state. Unplayable to a huge amount of people. Biggest waste of $65 I have ever come across! I will never buy another Ubisoft game ever again because of this. Complete dog ****

Turkkish
04-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by saturnstarzz:
Trey going into you Pc's bios and change audio settings for the audio device change it from AC97 to Azalia. this will change it from being software emulated (AC97) to hardware based.

Unfortunately, I deleted my game from steam, because I wanted to try a fresh install one more time. I'll try that method if the game is still messed up. Thanks for the advice

Turkkish
04-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Wow, the game works... I went through and deleted every trace of SSC, redld it through steam and.. it works.. I don't know why, after re-dling it literally 5 times, reinstalling drivers, registry mechanic, and pulling half of my hair out, does this game work now. I'm shocked.