PDA

View Full Version : Quick FB+AEP+PF question

Kocrachon
07-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Ok, I saw a picture on installation of a, I believe, TB3-4N-34R Carrying 2 fighters on the bottom of its wings. And I was woundering if it is possible to be able to do that, AND be able to fly and/or the fighters? By looking through the aircraft I kind of assumed the specific bomber to use is the TB3-4N-34R (SPB), but would any one be able to tell me which fighters it is that I hoook up to it?

And also do I connect them the same way you conect the FW-190 to the JU-88 Mistel?

Bearcat99
07-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Yes.. it's a hoot too..

Nick_Toznost
07-03-2006, 04:47 PM
The TB-3 (SPB) can carry the i-16 fighter of both varients. You need to assign keys to attach/detach the aircraft, in the same way as the Mistel.

Flying this arrangement online can be great fun but they very rarely appear.

It can be frustratingly time consuming lining up the fighters for attachment though.

Kocrachon
07-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah no kidding I tried last night with a few of my flight buddies, communicated on airspeed and everything, but always managed to crash into eachother...

Wish the AI was smart enough drop them though, wanted to setup a mission with them and I was the germans going to intercept them...and they didnt drop them saddly. Just like the Mistel...

Hashmark13
07-06-2006, 05:15 PM
If you can taxi, it shouldn't be any trouble at all to taxi under the wing and attach. Not sure what's time consuming about that.

Something I tried (to the dismay of the TB3 pilot) once was attaching in mid air. I'm still not sure if it's possible.

tigertalon
07-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Kocrachon:
Yeah no kidding I tried last night with a few of my flight buddies, communicated on airspeed and everything, but always managed to crash into eachother...

No no, you have to attach on the ground, standing still. Let the fighters taxi up below the wings, and you all press your "attach/detach" keys - it should work.

Kocrachon
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Oh well that much I can do, i thought it was possible to re-attach in flight.. my bad...

Xiolablu3
07-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I remember attacking a TB 3 on the way to our troops once, in a 109E.

I fired a few shots on my first pass and there was a big explosion, and I got 3 kills .

Then a torrent of friendly abuse came over the chat window, they had spent ages getting the I16's fixed onto that TB3 on the ground, and didnt notice me diving in. I was coming from above so I didnt even realise it had I16s attached until they said...

Bad for them, but great for me! 400 easy points http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif SO unlucky for them tho, how often does a TB3 explode on your first pass? Maybe the shells went throught the wings of the TB3 and blew up an I16, resulting int he big explosion, I am not sure. I DO know that TB3's usually take a lot of killing tho.

Troll2k
07-07-2006, 07:40 AM
I have spent many hours trying to reattach in the air without success.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
...Bad for them, but great for me! 400 easy points http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Should've been 600. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Aardvark184
07-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Just for your info, to set up a mission with the SPB, create a flight with one TB-3 and set up the waypoints. Now create a flight of 2 of the correct I16's, put them on the map next to the TB, set waypoint as takeoff, and Set Target to the TB. I haven't been able to get it to work with the G4m/Cherry Blossom or the Ju88/Fw190, but I know it works that way with the SPB.

Tim