PDA

View Full Version : Two 109 manualPP questions

Brain32
12-25-2005, 05:00 AM
So all of you know that, in the last patch 109's manual PP was tampered with, and it was really needed because of the well known exploit. BUT my question is why is it now that when using manual prop pitch engine performance is actually worse? Is this accurate(I wouldn't say so)? I mean it sounds quite strange that 2600rpm and 3200rpm(max safe I could achieve in a 109g2)makes no difference or even makes things worser.
Please no flaming if you choose to comment http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
And a Merry Xmas http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Pinker15
12-25-2005, 06:13 AM
All is because that power is not everything. U need transform that power through propeler to thrust. By setting higher proppitch set in game U can raise rpm so power too. But from other hand Proppeler on higher propset produces less thrust so U cant use that more power U have. Its like in car on first stage gearbox. U can have full power max. rpm but U still drives slow because of first stage of gearbox.

Bartolomeo_ita
12-25-2005, 06:38 AM
i use it manual, at zero, diving

Brain32
12-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Hm, this is very reasonable and logical answer, but I've read many times here and on other sites that 109 pilots used manual PP all the time to get better performance from their engine. Truth is, better performance can be understood in more ways than just speed, but can the aircraft engine be compared with those operating in cars? And generally shouldn't higher prop pitch help generating thrust at lower altitudes where the air is denser?

i use it manual, at zero, diving
I never used manual until that (justified)fuss about the cheat, about that time I got interested and learned to use manual(but only manual) PP to get that little extra from my engine. Since 4.02 only thing you can achieve with manual PP is broken engine http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

p1ngu666
12-25-2005, 07:04 AM
i remmber all but 1 or 2 quotes about manual pp on 109 tobe on e's and before, which didnt have auto... Email did get auto system tho, retrofited etc..

SUPERAEREO
12-25-2005, 09:35 AM
AFAIK manual in RL was only used for economy cruise.

S!

La7_brook
12-26-2005, 04:14 PM
if read the book blackcross red star you will see that manual PP was used in combat

Badsight.
12-26-2005, 05:10 PM
the PP moved slowly under manuel control on Bf-109s

Brain32
12-26-2005, 05:54 PM
It moves slowly in the game too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
But there is no benefits of using it anymore, unless you wan't to kill your engine, or increase your workload during flight. I mean, I tried it in the game and I coud manage it without braking engine, but there is no reason to use it as it has no effect... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

III-JG27_DV8
12-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Badsight.:
the PP moved slowly under manuel control on Bf-109s

Badsight. do you have proof of this claim? I have never seen any doc(s) suggesting such.

p1ngu666
12-29-2005, 08:56 PM
theres only so fast u could move the mechanism, doubt it spinning rather quickly would help in that area.

The-Pizza-Man
12-30-2005, 06:44 AM
Was the manual prop pitch actually that or was it just adjusting the RPM on a CSP.

III-JG27_DV8
12-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
theres only so fast u could move the mechanism, doubt it spinning rather quickly would help in that area.

Hmm, interesting way to look at it p1ngu. Would it be fair of me to say that maybe because it was *spinning rather fast*, adjustments to prop pitch could be made fast?

Badsight/p1ngu, do you guys believe the reaction time of PP in 109's and FW's is *reasonable*?

To me it seems like a very bad attempt to fix a hole in the Sim with respects to the handling of PP feature.

Did you know you could get a Hurrican MkI to dive as fast as a Bf-109E4 by using PP in the Hurrican MkI? How real is it; the fact that a Hurrican MkI could stick with a Bf-109E4 in a dive?

What I'd really like to see is doc(s) on this subject.

III-JG27_DV8
01-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by III-JG27_DV8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:

Hmm, interesting way to look at it p1ngu. Would it be fair of me to say that maybe because it was *spinning rather fast*, adjustments to prop pitch could be made fast?

Badsight/p1ngu, do you guys believe the reaction time of PP in 109's and FW's is *reasonable*?

To me it seems like a very bad attempt to fix a hole in the Sim with respects to the handling of PP feature.

Did you know you could get a Hurrican MkI to dive as fast as a Bf-109E4 by using PP in the Hurrican MkI? How real is it; the fact that a Hurrican MkI could stick with a Bf-109E4 in a dive?

What I'd really like to see is doc(s) on this subject. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone with any info on what really happens with manual prop pitch control in BF-109's and FW-190's ?