PDA

View Full Version : Bright White Flashes Annoying in AC Brotherhood

tjbyrum1
11-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't remember them being in AC II or I, but they may have been.

One of the few problems I have with this great game is simply pausing the game or looking at the map menu; or even when assigning, accepting, completing missions; also when I get treasures an Borgia Flags.

Yeah, I am talking about the bright flashes of white they flash up and fade away after you do something of notice.

I've never had this problem in the past with any other game. I've been playing games for most of my life, I use to play Sonic on the SEGA in the old days with cousins and Tomb Raider on the PS2 and stuff. NEVER had a problem with anything like this.

It messes with my eyes severely. At first, it's not a problem. But then they start to feel like they're dry (not a sleepy feeling, just dry) and they even start to hurt. If I keep playing, I get a headache which throbs and is very painful. I stop playing, and it'll be fine.

It's the bright flashes of white that does this to me. And I even turned the brightness down as well, still affects me though.

I don't like it, and was wondering if anyone here had the same problem. Does anyone know if it's like this in AC Revelations? Considering the color scheme for Revelations is that dark blue and black color, I don't think so.

CriticaHit
11-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Are you absolutly sure this is the only game you play that you have trouble with? You may just be focusing on the game as a whole too much and then when this "flash" happens your brain decides to blink and then you notice your eyes are dry.

I'd consider seeing an eye doctor if you're really having problems.

SleezeRocker
11-06-2011, 09:27 AM
You sure you don't have detached Retina?

LightRey
11-06-2011, 09:29 AM
If by "flashes" you mean that the screen fades into white relatively often then I would consider seeing a doctor, as this should not happen unless you have some kind of condition similar to epilepsy.

RzaRecta357
11-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Wow. I thought we were all super fans who knew everything about the games. Haha. These guys are all gonna make you see a doctor for no reason.

AC:B is known to have that white issue with certain monitors or cards or something. Go to the PC section and read up on it. Might be your TV or something.

Black_Widow9
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
AC:B is known to have that white issue with certain monitors or cards or something. Go to the PC section and read up on it. Might be your TV or something.

True. tjbyrum1 if you are talking about this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/3011069998?r=3011069998#3011069998) please post there.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Artemis88
11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
I don't remember them being in AC II or I, but they may have been.

One of the few problems I have with this great game is simply pausing the game or looking at the map menu; or even when assigning, accepting, completing missions; also when I get treasures an Borgia Flags.

Yeah, I am talking about the bright flashes of white they flash up and fade away after you do something of notice.

I've never had this problem in the past with any other game. I've been playing games for most of my life, I use to play Sonic on the SEGA in the old days with cousins and Tomb Raider on the PS2 and stuff. NEVER had a problem with anything like this.

It messes with my eyes severely. At first, it's not a problem. But then they start to feel like they're dry (not a sleepy feeling, just dry) and they even start to hurt. If I keep playing, I get a headache which throbs and is very painful. I stop playing, and it'll be fine.

It's the bright flashes of white that does this to me. And I even turned the brightness down as well, still affects me though.

I don't like it, and was wondering if anyone here had the same problem. Does anyone know if it's like this in AC Revelations? Considering the color scheme for Revelations is that dark blue and black color, I don't think so.

If it's what I think it is, he may mean when you renovate places or things like the tunnel entrances. That's the only thing I can think of when the OP mentioned white flashes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

TorQue1988
11-06-2011, 03:32 PM
He is not talking about the white gradient thing, but about the fact that when you finish or accept a mission, and after you renovate a shop and even after you lose your notoriety (although there is a different effect),the screen goes white for a few seconds...

LightRey
11-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
He is not talking about the white gradient thing, but about the fact that when you finish or accept a mission, and after you renovate a shop and even after you lose your notoriety (although there is a different effect),the screen goes white for a few seconds...
I have that too, but I've never gotten anything near a headache from it. I really advise him to visit a doctor if this really is what he's talking about.

TorQue1988
11-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I find the effect quite annoying sometimes but it doesn't give me headaches either...but anyway i guess it's purpose is to hide(or load) some mission related stuff without pop-outs or disappearing acts, although it could have been done in a more subtle way.

tjbyrum1
11-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Some of you (only like a couple) are getting it wrong. Play Brotherhood, and pause the game. Notice the bright white flash that comes up.

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about though. It can't be epilepsy related because the AC is the ONLY and I mean ONLY game to do it. I play Red Dead, Gears of War, and Battlefield all the time and nothing happens.

LightRey
11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Some of you (only like a couple) are getting it wrong. Play Brotherhood, and pause the game. Notice the bright white flash that comes up.

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about though. It can't be epilepsy related because the AC is the ONLY and I mean ONLY game to do it. I play Red Dead, Gears of War, and Battlefield all the time and nothing happens.
I meant his reaction to the bright light might be epilepsy related, not why he sees it.

tjbyrum1
11-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh okay then. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, I kind of getting bored of Brotherhood. I beat 99.5% and don't know what else to do other than get all the flags.

Krayus Korianis
11-06-2011, 04:07 PM

"The bright flashes" are when the Animus loads the menu... When you pruchase buildings it loads things off-screen where you can't see it while the flash is going on, as well as all the other flashes like when you remove your notoriety.

The OP should go see the Eye Doctor for it... It could be something horribly wrong with their eyes/brain from their reaction.

I also see this and I got my LCD TV turned on BRIGHT (I like it bright, but not so bright as the edges of the screen while playing movies looked grey or whitened out). I just like to see colors lol.

LightRey
11-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:

"The bright flashes" are when the Animus loads the menu... When you pruchase buildings it loads things off-screen where you can't see it while the flash is going on, as well as all the other flashes like when you remove your notoriety.

The OP should go see the Eye Doctor for it... It could be something horribly wrong with their eyes/brain from their reaction.

I also see this and I got my LCD TV turned on BRIGHT (I like it bright, but not so bright as the edges of the screen while playing movies looked grey or whitened out). I just like to see colors lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
tjbyrum1 is the OP (just realized that myself too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif ).

tjbyrum1
11-06-2011, 04:15 PM
At first I thought it was that K2 **** I did a few months ago. That ****'s intense, and I swear to God I'll never do that again. Besides, it's illegal now.

Krayus Korianis
11-06-2011, 04:53 PM
At first I thought it was that K2 **** I did a few months ago. That ****'s intense, and I swear to God I'll never do that again. Besides, it's illegal now.

That stuff can cause psychosis and give you episodes of near insanity or total insanity... My friend had one of those episodes and suddenly realized that pot has other chemicals that inhibit you from getting that screwed up.

It can also be the cause of the problems you see, BUT... It can also be your eyes and you may need glasses or you may need a better prescription because yearly, glasses change.

CriticaHit
11-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Sorry for the slight confusion in my first post. Yes, I know the flash that happens when buying things or collecting a flag. I was just saying that if it is causing you trouble (and pain) that it could be related to an eye problem and that the best course would be to see an eye doctor (like any person should do yearly.) Just incase http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif.