PDA

View Full Version : The apples of Edin (if you havnt beaten game don't read)

wolve67
12-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Please just shed some light on the subject I'm slightly confused, and i have no one near where i live to talk about it with. so let me get this strait. Apple in Assassins creed 1 is the same apple you see Ezio grab when he finally gets into the library. apple in second one and apple that has you kill Lucy are the same apple but different from the first and fourth game made. altiere (spelled wrong) knows about this second apple that kills off Lucy because he writes about it in his Codex pages. i cannot remember why the apple forces you to kill lucy, can someone remind me. and can someone clarify the ending of revelations for me as well? it went by so fast, and i can't rewatch it. so the apple shows you first end of the world, and shows that the last god peoples got buried under the ground at the end, then WOOSH desmond wakes up. and i got confused.

LightRey
12-23-2011, 03:06 PM
There are already several threads about this, but wth.

Alta´r made sure his codex and Darim would spread rumors that his apple was located in Cyprus (where "co´ncidentally" another apple was located). He did so to avoid others from looking for his apple, which had to be kept hidden until Ezio found it, so that he could pass on Jupiter's message.

Therefore Ezio's apple is a different apple from Alta´r's.

It's not so hard to understand people. Alta´r is quite clear on the matter in ACR.

lilshawty741
12-23-2011, 03:18 PM
We don't know why the apple made Desmond kill Lucy. There are a few theories but it never says.
The last scene shows the world being destroyed by a solar flare. At the end all of TWCB are dead and most of the human race is dead as well. We also don't know who the woman with the baby is but at this point the most likely explanation is that they're dead and they were put in for dramatic effect.

YuurHeen
12-23-2011, 03:39 PM
the apple did not kill lucy. the apple made a connection between juno and desmond. then juno made desmond kill lucy. most likely because she is a sleeper.

De Filosoof
12-23-2011, 03:39 PM
at this point the most likely explanation is that they're dead and they were put in for dramatic effect. maybe, but i think it has more meaning to it. Have you noticed that she's the only one with a cape? Almost all the "important" people in AC have a cape (Assassins, TWCB).

lilshawty741
12-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">at this point the most likely explanation is that they're dead and they were put in for dramatic effect. maybe, but i think it has more meaning to it. Have you noticed that she's the only one with a cape? Almost all the "important" people in AC have a cape (Assassins, TWCB). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's possible, anything is possible in AC, but personally I think she's just like that random guy at the end of embers. No real purpose to the overall story.

wolve67
12-23-2011, 04:05 PM
.... whats a sleeper?

De Filosoof
12-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by wolve67:
.... whats a sleeper?

It's a person who's a templar agent without knowing it himself. Like Daniel Cross from the fall. So the templars can "activate" them at any moment.

De Filosoof
12-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by lilshawty741:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thijs_bijlsma:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">at this point the most likely explanation is that they're dead and they were put in for dramatic effect. maybe, but i think it has more meaning to it. Have you noticed that she's the only one with a cape? Almost all the "important" people in AC have a cape (Assassins, TWCB). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's possible, anything is possible in AC, but personally I think she's just like that random guy at the end of embers. No real purpose to the overall story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the cape? Trendy feature?

GLHS
12-24-2011, 05:24 AM
This is part of one of my post from a different thread explaining this.

"Ezio's Apple and Altair's Apple NEVER was the same one. Altair had Apple 2 and Ezio had Apple 6. Altair kept his with him his entire life. When he went to Cypris to uncover the other Apple, it wasn't in the place he thought it was. He decided to keep his Apple there, then decided against it b/c he felt it too easy for the Templers to get ahold of it, so he kept it with him when he left. When he returned to Masyaf, he had his "Library" constructed so he could safely house the Apple. Years later, the Templar's find it and after some hand-switches, it ends up in Abstergo's hands in modern day. They destroy it in their first Satellite launch attempt. Ezio's Apple (6) was indeed in Cypris, but not where Altair thought when he went looking. The Templar's found the location of it, and Rodrigo sent his guys to recover it and bring it back to Venice. They did, and that's when Ezio stole it. He takes it, fights Rodrigo, yada yada,then opens the vault with it, and the staff. Fast forward to the end of Brotherhood: Ezio hides the Apple in the Temple, where it stays until Desmond and his crew recover it."

And the Lucy being a sleeper thing: Thank god I'm not the only one that connected that. I'm like 95% sure now that she was indeed a sleeper, and I'm soooo glad that there was something in Revelations about this. I have wanted answers on Lucy being a Templar for like ever, and there was just waay too many things pointing to it from AC:B, and really even from AC2 to be coincidence.

wolve67
12-24-2011, 11:17 AM
they destroy apple 2 in the launch?

LightRey
12-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Most likely yes, since that one came from Masyaf.

TrueStoic
12-24-2011, 02:10 PM

Stuff like this is actualy explained in Project Legacy, the fall, and any other console games all together, heck the newly released encyclopedia houses some new answeres too ( like 16's real name) but each game/application givs different info, while beaing a true fan of AC, you should chek em all out ( at least thrhough walkthroughs ) youl get much MCUh more answres you thought possible about the game ( reading the database entries about peopl in any major AC game also helps)

LightRey
12-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by TrueStoic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wolve67:

Stuff like this is actualy explained in Project Legacy, the fall, and any other console games all together, heck the newly released encyclopedia houses some new answeres too ( like 16's real name) but each game/application givs different info, while beaing a true fan of AC, you should chek em all out ( at least thrhough walkthroughs ) youl get much MCUh more answres you thought possible about the game ( reading the database entries about peopl in any major AC game also helps) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not actually. Though there's little reason to doubt that Alta´r's apple was indeed the one in the Denver accident, it has yet to be confirmed.

GLHS
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM
How so? They recovered it. That was the only one they used there. It says in the first game that they destroyed it, and it's noted that it's Apple 2.

Assassin_M
12-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TrueStoic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wolve67:

Stuff like this is actualy explained in Project Legacy, the fall, and any other console games all together, heck the newly released encyclopedia houses some new answeres too ( like 16's real name) but each game/application givs different info, while beaing a true fan of AC, you should chek em all out ( at least thrhough walkthroughs ) youl get much MCUh more answres you thought possible about the game ( reading the database entries about peopl in any major AC game also helps) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not actually. Though there's little reason to doubt that Alta´r's apple was indeed the one in the Denver accident, it has yet to be confirmed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Didnt Lucy say "The artifact from Masyaf, They had it, but it was destroyed" ?

GLHS
12-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that line, but she did say something like that. It also says in the emails on the computer in the conference room that describes the different Apples and their known whereabouts.

LightRey
12-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TrueStoic:

It's not actually. Though there's little reason to doubt that Alta´r's apple was indeed the one in the Denver accident, it has yet to be confirmed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Didnt Lucy say "The artifact from Masyaf, They had it, but it was destroyed" ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, but because of the confusion on the matter, I'd like some actual confirmation before jumping to conclusions again.