PDA

View Full Version : two wishes (guess not too big job to implement)

jimmie_T
02-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Dear Oleg,

Thanks a lot for the great sim which definitely is ruining my life -- taking much higher priority than *generally* more important life errands http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I have two wishes if you could implement to FB here.

1) Trim position in the text
I suppose this probably has been mentioned some or many people but please let me restate... I've been flown various flightsims and among that I've never had this feature and it's been maing trimming the plane not easy. The problem is I can't know what position it is now. So I'd like to see:

elevetor trim position +3
elevetor trim 0

... and so on in the text msg. This way we can even know max value of it. Also we can learn how it's effective at particular speed, alt, and type of plane. If a plane doesn't feature a particular trim (ex aileron trim), depressing an assigned key simply will be disregared as in the same manner for prop pitch. In my wild guess, this is not THAT tough to implement since the plane apparently has a property of trimming state and you already have outputting a state (such as prop pitch) in the text. So I really hope...

2) damege state report
Hitting TAB key and in the menu there would be "damege list." Selecting it list what part of airframe or engine and so on has been dameged. I so wish this feature as to know how I hurt my plane in the heated battle. I want this because the visual damege model unfortunatelly can represent all the dameges. Machine-gun jammed or radiator is inoperational or elevetor has been dameged but not visually observable level and so on. If someone says it would ruin the realism (in-flight you can't probably know some of those dameges), then how about if after I crash or succesufully landing, this "list dameges" will appear in the menu? That way I can *learn* what has been happened to my plane. I'm one who wants to try to get back home without simply bailing out and I guess those who like me would happy with under what condition he made such difficult landing. Also when I drive unfamilier plane and I did something I should not and now the plane behaves strangely, I just return to base and inspect what I did... This especially applies to the engine. I do not know how complex all the engines are modeled, but since there's no official documentation for that matter for the sim (I'm not talking about pilot controls but internal modeling), if "left magneto is dead" (well, for magneto I guess it won't mulfanction now but what do I know? I know no doc for that) can be reported, it's very helpful and it sure would educate me...

Wish 2) might be many work but I hope 1) not for BoB http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

By the way, is there any way to disable cockpit "movement"? I'm not quite sure how to explain this but it's the cockpit movement when let's say you perform pretty hard pull-up and so on. I don't know what that feature is trying to represent.. G related? I may be ignorant for this so please enlighten me if I'm wrong. But let's say using TrackIR, I want to see what I want to see but my "head" moves regardless of my intention. If I can cut-off or tweak this feature let's say, in conf.ini or something... Somebody know this?

Thanks in advance and please don't work too hard,

Regard

jimmie_T
02-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Dear Oleg,

Thanks a lot for the great sim which definitely is ruining my life -- taking much higher priority than *generally* more important life errands http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I have two wishes if you could implement to FB here.

1) Trim position in the text
I suppose this probably has been mentioned some or many people but please let me restate... I've been flown various flightsims and among that I've never had this feature and it's been maing trimming the plane not easy. The problem is I can't know what position it is now. So I'd like to see:

elevetor trim position +3
elevetor trim 0

... and so on in the text msg. This way we can even know max value of it. Also we can learn how it's effective at particular speed, alt, and type of plane. If a plane doesn't feature a particular trim (ex aileron trim), depressing an assigned key simply will be disregared as in the same manner for prop pitch. In my wild guess, this is not THAT tough to implement since the plane apparently has a property of trimming state and you already have outputting a state (such as prop pitch) in the text. So I really hope...

2) damege state report
Hitting TAB key and in the menu there would be "damege list." Selecting it list what part of airframe or engine and so on has been dameged. I so wish this feature as to know how I hurt my plane in the heated battle. I want this because the visual damege model unfortunatelly can represent all the dameges. Machine-gun jammed or radiator is inoperational or elevetor has been dameged but not visually observable level and so on. If someone says it would ruin the realism (in-flight you can't probably know some of those dameges), then how about if after I crash or succesufully landing, this "list dameges" will appear in the menu? That way I can *learn* what has been happened to my plane. I'm one who wants to try to get back home without simply bailing out and I guess those who like me would happy with under what condition he made such difficult landing. Also when I drive unfamilier plane and I did something I should not and now the plane behaves strangely, I just return to base and inspect what I did... This especially applies to the engine. I do not know how complex all the engines are modeled, but since there's no official documentation for that matter for the sim (I'm not talking about pilot controls but internal modeling), if "left magneto is dead" (well, for magneto I guess it won't mulfanction now but what do I know? I know no doc for that) can be reported, it's very helpful and it sure would educate me...

Wish 2) might be many work but I hope 1) not for BoB http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

By the way, is there any way to disable cockpit "movement"? I'm not quite sure how to explain this but it's the cockpit movement when let's say you perform pretty hard pull-up and so on. I don't know what that feature is trying to represent.. G related? I may be ignorant for this so please enlighten me if I'm wrong. But let's say using TrackIR, I want to see what I want to see but my "head" moves regardless of my intention. If I can cut-off or tweak this feature let's say, in conf.ini or something... Somebody know this?

Thanks in advance and please don't work too hard,

Regard