PDA

View Full Version : Quick driver Q?

walsh2509
10-27-2004, 09:32 AM
I have a GF4 TI4200 128mb card and was using NvDr 6.something and the game ran fine. I then read through the read me and it said that for my card the older Nvdr 5.6.73 and when I rolled back to this driver the game upload and menus went into slow down mode..

Why? I even put the settings down to low 800x600 and it was still the same ??

and what do i need to now?

thanks ... W2509

SgtBriggs
10-27-2004, 09:39 AM
hmmm. well i would always use the newest drivers unless i had a problem with them. if the game ran fine with the driver you had, then i would suggest you go back to it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

walsh2509
10-27-2004, 09:51 AM
seems I'll have to , but it did say that if I wanted the 3d water that I'd only get this with the 5.6 Nv driver.??

I checked my hardware config and the card and the 5.6 driver were there! and working.

But strange that when I looked properties/advanced tab there was no tab for the Nvid Card?

I tried a few other games and they ran as usual but PF ? I brought up the WindowsTaskManger when I ran PF the start movie was frame by frame and when I looked at the WTM PF was using 100% of my processors power.

If NV 5.6 drivers do that , why do ubi/maddox say to get the best out of a GF4 TI4200 128mb card that we should use 5.6 when these take the game to a near stand still?

P4 2Ghz Northwood
80Gb Seagate HD
1GB DDR
GF4 TI4200 128Mb
Win XP Home
Dx9c

SgtBriggs
10-27-2004, 10:00 AM
well when i had my gf3, i always updated my drivers to the newest unless there was some kind of problem. and for the most part the new ones always were an improvement. i got an ati card now and do the same thing.

walsh2509
10-27-2004, 11:10 AM
re-installed the lastest and its running again!

A couple of things on graphics, I changed the water from 1 to 3 does that do it or do I have to change more than just the water part?

I noticed in the file that Hardwareshader was in 2 places in the file 1 was set at =0 and the other further down the file was set at =1 do I need to change any of these or both?

and this is my very last q? on this , Gore i read about turning it on, from =0 setting to =1 setting. But what does it do and when do you see the effects? I had an old sim that if you hit the enemy's cockpit it looked cracked and was splattered with blood.. Is this the same idea..

Many thanks for all your replies..

W2509.