PDA

View Full Version : So....

EcanZio
02-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Why are AC the best game ever?.... Opinions....????

Krayus Korianis
02-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Because they are.

Honestly, it's the combination of action and historical references that caught my eye when my brother handed me his copy of AC 1 to borrow. Then I was hooked, and couldn't wait for AC II.

The story, historical references and the action of the running, climbing and fighting are just awesomely done.

Evan52395
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
-Bad *** characters
-Ties to history
-Intensity of story
-Genius Multiplayer
-Not so addicting that it becomes a negative thing but addicting enough that it's hard to put down
-Awesome as a whole
-*brain overload*

jzsnyder
02-04-2011, 08:18 PM
1 word:

GAMEPLAY

EcanZio
02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by jacobbsny10:
1 word:

GAMEPLAY
I LOVE EZIO....he is just the best....AC are the best game ever!!!!

ace3001
02-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by jacobbsny10:
1 word:

GAMEPLAY Don't get me wrong, gameplay is good. Actually really good since AC2, but if gameplay is all, AC would have been a big failure with AC1 itself, cause AC1 was weak in the gameplay department, IMO.
I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's that "OMG it's AC" feeling, I guess, the atmosphere of the game. And also to a great degree, it's engaging and twisting story.

Alpha Ender
02-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I'll agree with you a bit kolitha.kuruppu (does that mean anything btw?). There were some times in AC where I got bored, but I still loved it overall. I think it was the strongest game in terms of story, plausibility, actual links to the tech used in the game (I'm looking at you, Mr. "Health Bar" in ACII and ACB). I liked the storyline better because...well, just straight up vengeance is so cliched. And yes, we got to "grow up" with Ezio, seeing him become a composed and focused Assassin out of his grief-stricken youth, but I felt the moral issues in AC overshadowed that. Every target had a story; they weren't all power hungry and insane, they actually cared for their people.

Combat has...evolved, but I still prefer AC's combat system. It required timing, finesse, etc. On the same hand, I miss things like drop down assassinations, and leaping assassinations that actually covered some distance. They definitely improved on that in ACII and ACB.

ace3001
02-05-2011, 06:37 AM
@AlphaEnder: That's just my name. I'm a Sri Lankan. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Btw, isn't the constant countering in AC1 a bit tedious?

Stormchase89
02-05-2011, 06:41 AM
Would not say its the best game ever but its pretty good. Its not a game i can sit for hours on end at but its a good casual play during the week atleast, weekends seem to be full of just people running about which ruins the stealthy side http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

for me Red Dead beats this game, but its still a good fun game to play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
02-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
@AlphaEnder: That's just my name. I'm a Sri Lankan. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Btw, isn't the constant countering in AC1 a bit tedious? no, I have seen a lot of people complain about that and to be honest I never even noticed it. I thought it was awesome and you didn't have to sit there and counter if you pushed it just right he would do other special moves or altair did one move with the sword/dagger where if he reacted a certain way and you kept pushing the button he did a crazy awesome finishing move. I think a lot of people didn't get that because they just stood there and waited to counter that's why they implemented the streak kill to give people the incentive to stop waiting to counter which is cool i have to admit. AC was amazing, I loved every second of it. Yeah I ran out of stuff to do but who cares!!!? you are a badass assassin in a recreated version of jerusalem during the crusades, how is that not amazing and the gameplay is great and the free running for the time was second to none.

Evan52395
02-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
Btw, isn't the constant countering in AC1 a bit tedious? no, I have seen a lot of people complain about that and to be honest I never even noticed it. I thought it was awesome and you didn't have to sit there and counter if you pushed it just right he would do other special moves or altair did one move with the sword/dagger where if he reacted a certain way and you kept pushing the button he did a crazy awesome finishing move. I think a lot of people didn't get that because they just stood there and waited to counter that's why they implemented the streak kill to give people the incentive to stop waiting to counter which is cool i have to admit. AC was amazing, I loved every second of it. Yeah I ran out of stuff to do but who cares!!!? you are a badass assassin in a recreated version of jerusalem during the crusades, how is that not amazing and the gameplay is great and the free running for the time was second to none. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The moves you were referring to we're Combo Kills I believe. There was an achivement for getting a certain amount of them. Man those were cool!