PDA

View Full Version : AGEIA PhysX ?

Bsnakeman
12-08-2007, 04:19 AM
S!

Did anyone tested this AGEIA PhysX sistem ?
Is that great ? Will SOW BOB have it ?

Best,

Bsnakeman
12-08-2007, 04:19 AM
S!

Did anyone tested this AGEIA PhysX sistem ?
Is that great ? Will SOW BOB have it ?

Best,

WOLFMondo
12-08-2007, 04:54 AM
My PC at work has one in it. There are not many games out there that support it and the ones that do its not immediately noticable, with the exception of GRAW.

SeaFireLIV
12-08-2007, 05:25 AM
Well I recently got UT3 ( cos I felt like some mindless shooting and am an old fan of uT99) and that has at least 2 physics maps that needs the card. BUT you can attempt to play without and I tried. It`s quite impression as everything becomes destructable and there`s a large tornado mashing up everything around the map.

However, without an AGEIA card everything moves at about 4 fps.

Bsnakeman
12-08-2007, 11:23 AM
So probably Oleg could add this feature to BOB engine. To get this AGEIA PhysX card is about $100 to the rig cost.

Have you try it running IL2 1946 ?

Best,

Outlaw---
12-08-2007, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bsnakeman:
Have you try it running IL2 1946 ?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless the software is written to support the chipset it will make no difference. Dual core CPUs are the norm now and I bet quad cores will be soon so I wouldn't think there's much of a need for a dedicated physics card. It would have been nice back in the day when the CPUs were very limited, but, even then the price would have made them rare and I doubt if many teams would have taken the time to write code to use them.

--Outlaw.

Phil_C
12-08-2007, 03:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Unless the software is written to support the chipset it will make no difference. Dual core CPUs are the norm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gifI got shredded when i asked about '46 and the physics card about a month and a half ago.. just before i ordered my new system.

The short answer i was able to determine (between the "why waste money" and "its stoopid") is that No, IL2 will not benifit from it, but i am interested in getting a few of the supported titles..

And im sure that in the future there will be more, so i figured why not. Plus i have not seen any of the "adverse" effects that people claim that it will cause (slow FPS and major system hangs).