PDA

View Full Version : Talking about new planes.

munther
07-12-2007, 03:55 AM
Is it possible that players (who ever they are) could model new planes and you would say is it ok for new patch or not. I have seen ready models of Finnish Fokker, Ju-88 C-6, Ju-188. Those are professional work and could be fine to next patch.

Well, I would like to have that Finnish Fokker for Winter War.

Eldude95
07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO for the 192338754678793290760650275782572586634874 time no only Oleg's crew could but those would be nice to see

Fox_3
07-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Yes, you have seen models. Just because you have seen shots of work in progress models, doesn't mean to say the model was finished or accepted.

The closing date for new models was several years ago now. The few accepted models waiting to be coded into the sim, may not make it at all into the last patch.

All of Olegs resources are now concentrated on his next combat flight sim, Storm of War.

So you may or may not get that that Fokker.

Foo.bar
07-14-2007, 02:34 AM
concentrated on his next combat flight sim, Storm of War.

Thank heaven.

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2007, 03:29 PM
When it IS possible that we can make our own planes for this sim, I will give you a thrashing, daily, until I get the F7F Tigercat

JG54_Lukas
07-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey guys we need a flyable b17 b24 and b29 kthnkxbye

Hydra454
07-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Sure there are planes that I'd like to see added (the Hs123 and Swordfish),but I'd be happy if they just added some more load outs for...I don't know,the Hurricane.I've read many stories of Hurricanes being armed with rockets when used by the russians.I've even seen a pic of how they were placed on the wing of the Mk2B.

LeOs.K_Walstein
07-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by munther:
Is it possible that players (who ever they are) could model new planes and you would say is it ok for new patch or not.---"

Some months ago there was a rumor - or more - that as soon as Oleg puts out his "Battle Of Britain" he MIGHT open the code. As far as I understood that means that modifiers can create their cocpits and install them to this simulator.

There are more knowing people here and perhaps they could enlight us more...?

Ever so happily gaming
Wallstein

msalama
07-15-2007, 03:14 AM
New planes? As in brand new? Well yeah, a flyable Dreamliner would be nice. Who needs s**tty old-fashioned prop planes when there's modern iron available too, huh?

csThor
07-15-2007, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by LeOs.K_Walstein:
Some months ago there was a rumor - or more - that as soon as Oleg puts out his "Battle Of Britain" he MIGHT open the code. As far as I understood that means that modifiers can create their cocpits and install them to this simulator.

There are more knowing people here and perhaps they could enlight us more...?

Wallstein

That is precisely what you said - a rumor. I guess people remember Oleg talking about "licensing the engine to a trusted 3rd Party" to continue support for Il-2, but people chose to interpret what they like - not necessarily what Oleg was talking about. To me a "trusted 3rd Party" means a commercial developer which Maddox Games can contract, not a bunch of community modders. But with SoW in the pipeline and the various hurdles ("The Grumman Incident", reserved areas of operation [Channel, Med] and the general age of the engine) I have problems seeing a company taking over the support.

And lastly: With one of the 4.XX patches a part of the SoW FM was introduced for testing and MG did also introduce a new security measure with 4.08. This means there have to be some similarities between the SoW codebase and the Il-2 one - and that means opening the engine to anyone might allow people also to "crack" SoW. That is hardly something Maddox Games would want, wouldn't they? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2007, 04:50 AM
What you say is true, thor

But you should know, that by saying what you just did, that people will take that and say "OMG, the 1946 FM is the SoW FM. Oleg u suk"

We both know the reason why people will say that, it's because they are stupid, to be blunt

csThor
07-15-2007, 04:53 AM
In Germany there's a children's game called "Stille Post" (Silent Mail). The first one whispers something into the ear of his neighbor and so on. After the circle is closed the last one tells what he heard from his neighbor ... and usually it is never the same thing the first kid said.

That is precisely how rumor-mongering in this community works.

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by csThor:
In Germany there's a children's game called "Stille Post" (Silent Mail). The first one whispers something into the ear of his neighbor and so on. After the circle is closed the last one tells what he heard from his neighbor ... and usually it is never the same thing the first kid said.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif We have the same thing, but instead of a children's game, we call it "information"

MEGILE
07-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by csThor:

This is called Chinese Whispers in the UK.

Why the Chinese failed to develop a better method of communication is beyond me.

Frequent_Flyer
07-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BBB462cid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif We have the same thing, but instead of a children's game, we call it "information" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually its called the " Democratic Party " and it is a childrens game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

orkan_3d
07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Here we call it "Broken phones".

NAFP_supah
07-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Frequent_Flyer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB462cid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by csThor:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif We have the same thing, but instead of a children's game, we call it "information" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually its called the " Democratic Party " and it is a childrens game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Off topicHey Cool! Here we call it "Skooter Libbies Traitors Get Out Of Jail Free Play-set".

On Topic: Speculation is often caused by a lack of real information.