PDA

View Full Version : Ive realised why this game doesnt look right.

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 07:54 AM
this games NEEDS rubbish on the streets, stray animals etc, everythings to detailed and empty, and thats 1 of the reasons why me and every1 i speak to say it doesnt look correct and the atmosphere in this game is wrong, IT NEEDS GARBAGE ON THE STREETS, maybe even a few stray dogs and chickens, dogs wlda been used for guards back then anyway, but please if ur gonna add dogs to the game FONT be stupid enough to make them alsations, cuz that wld jus be the stupidist thingh EVER.

also u keep bringin out all these games and ****, but theres no real difference, if anything the brotherhood shld be like 7 quid, theres no change in the graphics or anything its just a small add on pack, your ripping us off!

but ye, rubbish is really needed in this game to make it look natural and correct, plus it wld be SUCH a simple thing to add to the game... disagreeing just prooved how lil u know about civilisation back then (i mean theres rubbish on the streets today, and it wlda been a lot worse back then)

EDIT : these additions would make up for the lack of communication and realistic actions from the pedestrians.. cuz there really unrealistically boring to

ALSO, u should clearly beable to attack while climbing, its so unrealistic / annoying and frustrating when ur chasing someone up a building, ur like not even a foot behind and ur character cant reach a tiny bit up and grab the enemy? so pathetic, u have to wait till ur on a surface to attack, thats pathetic.
o yeah, and people throwing rocks at u while u are climbing would NO WAY make u fall off, unless it was a HUGE rock to ur head, but its not they throw tiny rocks......
PAY ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD IT SPEAKS THE TRUTH

magesupermaster
11-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Well, they can't do anything now because the game has reached gold status and have already been shipped.
AC: Brotherhood is as big and long as AC2 and even longer.

And please, learn how to spell.

Pattington_Bear
11-09-2010, 08:10 AM
^ what he said.

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Firstly, as the post above me said, learn to spell.

Secondly, in response to this:

Originally posted by seb_uk:
also u keep bringin out all these games and ****, but theres no real difference, if anything the brotherhood shld be like 7 quid, theres no change in the graphics or anything its just a small add on pack, your ripping us off!
WOW! YOU'RE RIGHT!

I never realised before now that improved graphics are the only thing a sequel has to offer!

It's not like they revamped the climbing system, the combat system, the storyline, the side missions, the main missions, the free-roaming elements, and almost everything else that ACTUALLY #@$%ING MATTERS.

If they don't change one part of the game which already surpasses 90% of games on every platform anyway, they OBVIOUSLY haven't put much work in!

Good observation.

/sarcasm

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
lol at u sad sad people who take spelling seriously over the internet......

and ye i realise they cant do anything about it now but im just saying, the things i mentioned shld have been included in the first assassins creed without fail, there jus such obvious things, i cant emphasise enough how obvious they are for this game....

and o ye, i jus remembered the new assassins creed will have online play, thats cool, and might justify the price there asking for the game... BUT... still, assassins creed 2 shlda been like 7 quid or something

magesupermaster
11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks but I could have said more but I chose not to..for now.

And personally, I don't want to see trash and garbage in a beautiful game like AC.

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
LMAO, they havent revamped the climbing system fool, i have both assassins creeds and the climbing is exactly the same, i obviously havent played brotherhood, but well have to see what its like.. and i didnt mean JUST graphics i ment improvment of the hole game, which hasnt happend

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
the beauty of the game is a good point, but the realism is let down so much by the unrealistic state of the towns, id rather realistic good graphics, to lazy, unfinished yet well detailed towns

Shinta07
11-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Proper spelling is kind of important when you are trying to get a point across.

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Fenrir_07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seb_uk:
Proper spelling is kind of important when you are trying to get a point across. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its really not..... unless i was trying to get my point accross to the head of ubisoft.. i would agree then... but right now im aiming my complaints at random people, there really is no need to be formal

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:20 AM
LMAO, they havent revamped the climbing system fool, i have both assassins creeds and the climbing is exactly the same, i obviously havent played brotherhood, but well have to see what its like.. and i didnt mean JUST graphics i ment improvment of the hole game, which hasnt happend

they actually made some important improvements:
-healing potions
-your own town
-more weapons
-a totally different storyline then AC
-a lot of difference between missions, in AC it was, gather clues, kill, travel to the next town and repeat.

anyway the storyline and graphics alone are enough for me to buy the sequal, why change the combat or climbing system if it works fine? "if it aint broke dont fix it"

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by drakenkanon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">LMAO, they havent revamped the climbing system fool, i have both assassins creeds and the climbing is exactly the same, i obviously havent played brotherhood, but well have to see what its like.. and i didnt mean JUST graphics i ment improvment of the hole game, which hasnt happend

they actually made some important improvements:
-healing potions
-your own town
-more weapons
-a totally different storyline then AC
-a lot of difference between missions, in AC it was, gather clues, kill, travel to the next town and repeat.

anyway the storyline and graphics alone are enough for me to buy the sequal, why change the combat or climbing system if it works fine? "if it aint broke dont fix it" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

those imrovments are good, im not saying change the combat system i never sed that at all... someone ELSE sed they had revamped the climbing system which is wrong, they never did that.. all im saying is the issues iv raised in this thread should OBVIOUSLY be on this game... the combat system is good and the climbing system is fine to, but they havent changed it

Shinta07
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fenrir_07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seb_uk:
Proper spelling is kind of important when you are trying to get a point across. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its really not..... unless i was trying to get my point accross to the head of ubisoft.. i would agree then... but right now im aiming my complaints at random people, there really is no need to be formal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If people don't have a clue what you're saying, your complaints fall on deaf ears. I'm still not sure what some of that gibberish is.

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
infact every assassins creed game feals exactly like the last and has no improvment apart from equipment and ur own town.... which really doesnt matter at all, infact thats jus an exuse of an iumprovement

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:24 AM
those imrovments are good, im not saying change the combat system i never sed that at all... someone ELSE sed they had revamped the climbing system which is wrong, they never did that.. all im saying is the issues iv raised in this thread should OBVIOUSLY be on this game... the combat system is good and the climbing system is fine to, but they havent changed it

and why whould they change it if it works great? not all changes are good.

seb_uk
Originally posted by Fenrir_07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fenrir_07:

its really not..... unless i was trying to get my point accross to the head of ubisoft.. i would agree then... but right now im aiming my complaints at random people, there really is no need to be formal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If people don't have a clue what you're saying, your complaints fall on deaf ears. I'm still not sure what some of that gibberish is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if your seriously trying to suggest to me u cant understand my posts, ur either not english or u need to go back to school for a long... LONG time

Pattington_Bear

Personally, We have all played AC and AC2, the climbing system was way faster during the second game. ACB has polished the system even more just look at the GP footage.

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">those imrovments are good, im not saying change the combat system i never sed that at all... someone ELSE sed they had revamped the climbing system which is wrong, they never did that.. all im saying is the issues iv raised in this thread should OBVIOUSLY be on this game... the combat system is good and the climbing system is fine to, but they havent changed it

and why whould they change it if it works great? not all changes are good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IM NOT SAYING CHANGE THE COMBAT OR THE ****ING CLIMBING, READ MY POSTS I NEVER MENTIONED THAT

Pattington_Bear
11-09-2010, 08:26 AM
You are now breaking forum rules.

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:26 AM
if your seriously trying to suggest to me u cant understand my posts, ur either not english or u need to go back to school for a long... LONG time

i cant understand parts of the original post either, i think YOU are the person who needs to go back to school, please post readable english here or don't post at all. we dont ask perfect grammar from you, but how can you try to make a point if half of your comment is unreadable?

Shinta07
11-09-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm pretty sure they don't teach that in school. I'm pretty sure an English teacher would have an aneurysm if they tried to break down your sentences.

magesupermaster
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drakenkanon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">those imrovments are good, im not saying change the combat system i never sed that at all... someone ELSE sed they had revamped the climbing system which is wrong, they never did that.. all im saying is the issues iv raised in this thread should OBVIOUSLY be on this game... the combat system is good and the climbing system is fine to, but they havent changed it

and why whould they change it if it works great? not all changes are good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IM NOT SAYING CHANGE THE COMBAT OR THE ****ING CLIMBING, READ MY POSTS I NEVER MENTIONED THAT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Than give us an example, what game has a true sequel?

seb_uk
Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:

Personally, We have all played AC and AC2, the climbing system was way faster during the second game. ACB has polished the system even more just look at the GP footage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a lil faster / more responsive climbing really means nothing... infact that shls be on the sequel without fail... but i can see u people really dont care about improving your favorite game so **** this, im out..... the arguements you people are coming out with are sooo petty and some of you dont have the brain capacity to figure out simple internet slang and spelling

extrememuffin
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
WOW! YOU'RE RIGHT!

I never realised before now that improved graphics are the only thing a sequel has to offer!

It's not like they revamped the climbing system, the combat system, the storyline, the side missions, the main missions, the free-roaming elements, and almost everything else that ACTUALLY #@$%ING MATTERS.

If they don't change one part of the game which already surpasses 90% of games on every platform anyway, they OBVIOUSLY haven't put much work in!

Good observation.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol i see what you did there.

on topic: lol at you sad sad people who think just because its the internet you can spell should like this... shld.

I dont want things like trash lying all over the street. i wouldnt mind a few pieces of garbage everyonce in awhile but if they were realistic about it then it would just look ugly (which at the time it was but thats not how I want to play my game). Also they have redone more then just the graphics. like obliviondoll said the storyline, side missions, free-roam, combat system, and and everything else that matters has been redone. to achieve 100% sync on the game it will take you 50+ hours and with the addition of multyplayer this is more then some DLC its a full game.

either get over it or GTFO

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:29 AM
IM NOT SAYING CHANGE THE COMBAT OR THE ****ING CLIMBING, READ MY POSTS I NEVER MENTIONED THAT

and what is this then:

the combat system is good and the climbing system is fine to, but they havent changed it

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drakenkanon:

IM NOT SAYING CHANGE THE COMBAT OR THE ****ING CLIMBING, READ MY POSTS I NEVER MENTIONED THAT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Than give an example, what game has a true sequel? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
gta and battlefield,2 games the spring str8 to mind that have massive improvments in the sequals, altho gta 4 was a dissapointment

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">IM NOT SAYING CHANGE THE COMBAT OR THE ****ING CLIMBING, READ MY POSTS I NEVER MENTIONED THAT

and what is this then:

the combat system is good and the climbing system is fine to, but they havent changed it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if u read carfully i never said they should change it i simply sed they havent actually changed ANYTHING throughout 3 hole games

Pattington_Bear
11-09-2010, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:

Personally, We have all played AC and AC2, the climbing system was way faster during the second game. ACB has polished the system even more just look at the GP footage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a lil faster / more responsive climbing really means nothing... infact that shls be on the sequel without fail... but i can see u people really dont care about improving your favorite game so **** this, im out..... the arguements you people are coming out with are sooo petty and some of you dont have the brain capacity to figure out simple internet slang and spelling </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On a thread you started?

seb_uk
11-09-2010, 08:31 AM
but i can see u lot arent focused on improvement so i give up... have fun on your half assed rip off game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:32 AM
quote:

quote:

and what is this then:

quote:
the combat system is good and the climbing system is fine to, but they havent changed it

if u read carfully i never said they should change it i simply sed they havent actually changed ANYTHING throughout 3 hole games

so you say they should change it.

but i can see u lot arent focused on improvement so i give up... have fun on your half assed rip off game

didnt you say the exact same thing 10 seconds ago?

extrememuffin
11-09-2010, 08:32 AM
ahhhhhh you said you were leaving. then you came back. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

mustangmaniak20
11-09-2010, 08:35 AM
This might soon be necessary....

http://www.ubercharged.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ban_hammer.jpg

Pattington_Bear
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
Dev Blog – Ninth Entry
“New Combat System”

Work on the fight system for Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood really started back in January, just when the team was putting the last touches on the Assassin’s Creed 2 DLCs. We sat down together and looked at the various comments and reviews out there. We also had a list of things we wanted to fix (we all had our personal pet peeves).

So our goal for the fight system was two-fold: make it faster, and make it more active. We wanted the player to take the offensive, and we wanted fights to become fast and deadly. That’s when we came up with the “Strike First, Strike Fast” tagline. Everything we did was to reward players for taking offensive actions.

Here’s an example of two improvements we made:

The fight pacing: Rather than use upbeats and downbeats, we decided to give a pacing to fights. Enemies will attack you continuously, at a standard pace. Therefore, you can be interrupted when you do an attack, or a counter-kill or a counter-disarm. This really makes it harder to rely on solely on defensive maneuvers and removes the staring matches. It also makes the fights much more intense because attacks can come in at any time. For example, an enemy attacks you. You launch a counter-kill, but another enemy will launch an attack while you are doing the first counter-kill! Well now you can interrupt that first counter-kill, and launch another one right after it to stop the latest attacker!

The executions: This might be the most “spectacular” change we made. Once you do a successful execution, you can start linking them together. Ezio starts moving around, killing enemies with special execution moves. You just have to push the left-stick toward your intended target, and then push the attack button. Be cautious however, enemies can still attack when you link executions, and any hit will stop you!

These two mechanics combine to raise the overall pace of the fights. It really is spectacular, especially if you wipe out a patrol in a few seconds, rather than a few minutes!

Thanks for reading!
Alex Pedneault
Game Designer

Dev Blog – Eigth Entry
“New Weapons”

The Renaissance is when war started to change. It’s when we start to see mercenaries and professional soldiers for hire appear throughout Europe and especially in Italy. Different city-states in Italy hired them, and even the Vatican got into it in by the end of the 15th century. In that context, the weapon of choice remained the sword, but the soldiers started to use pikes and firearms more frequently because they were more efficient.

We tried to depict that in Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood. For one, you’ll see more Seekers in Rome. They’re the ones carrying the long weapons (pikes, halberds, etc).

Remember the mercenaries you could hire in Assassin’s Creed 2? Well, they’re back. However, the Borgias, and therefore the Papal state, also hired some help: The Swiss Guards. These guys were the most fearsome mercenaries of their time and they are in the game. They can use matchlock firearms in one hand with a sword in the other hand, making them deadly opponents. They protect areas of high interest for the Borgias, so watch out for them in places like Castello St-Angelo. The Borgias have also given some new equipment to their archers, such as arquebuses, an early muzzle-loaded firearm.

Ezio also gets some major upgrades. We chose these weapons because they were either fan-favorites or additions that just made sense in our game. The integration of ranged weapons inside the fight system also shows that we are trying to reflect the greater availability of firearms during this era.

- The Crossbow: I think this was something fans wanted for a long time. In the first trailer for Assassin’s Creed, Altair was shown with a crossbow and we never had time to implement it properly. Well it’s now in the game! The crossbow is really useful for dispatching enemies that are far away, without attracting too much attention. We also implemented a new “upper-body” animation system that allows the player to aim with crossbow, while being able to move Ezio at the same time. You can also use the Crossbow in fights, but it’s a bit harder to avoid being hit by enemies when you use it.

- Heavy Weapons: Heavy weapons were around in Assassin’s Creed 2, but the player wasn’t allowed to carry one around. Well we decided to fix that, and give the ability for the players to buy and equip heavy weapons. There are now 6 new heavy weapons in the game, and that includes axes. What’s even better is that there’s a new attack in which you can throw heavy weapon, it’s useful for dispatching of enemies that try to run away.

- Dagger of Brutus: This is a legendary weapon in our game. I won’t tell you how to get it, but I can tell you what it does. It’s the dagger used by Marcus Junius Brutus to kill Julius Caesar. So quite understandably, once Ezio gains possession of that famed weapon, any Roman citizen will be quite freaked out to see it in action. Enemies will flee faster if you use that special weapon, so it gives a different twist to the fight once you have it.

- Dual Wielding: Ok I agree this isn’t exactly a new weapon, but there is a new way to use weapons. Ezio can now wield a sword or a blunt weapon and use the gun in his hidden blade at the same time. Same thing when he uses a small weapon, like a dagger – he can throw knives. What it does is that it allows Ezio to do new moves in fights such as gun counter kills or dagger and knives executions. It also means that the gun and the throwing knives are now fully integrated into the fight system. We’ll address the dual wield system in a later entry!

These new weapons really change the way you fight and create a new style of play. We hope you enjoy them!

Thanks for reading!
Alex Pedneault
Game Designer

drakenkanon
11-09-2010, 08:36 AM
ahhhhhh you said you were leaving. then you came back.

another english class he missed

magesupermaster
11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
I love the AC franchise because it's innovative, robust, different, unique, beautiful and fun, why do you like it? why did you come here in the first place, to talk about trash?
It looks like you are another mainstream average man/woman.

notafanboy
11-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
I love the AC franchise because it's innovative, robust, different, unique, beautiful and fun, why do you like it? why did you come here in the first place, to talk about trash?
It looks like you are another mainstream average man/woman. what does "mainstream" average man/woman mean ?

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 09:10 AM
If they haven't revamped the climbing system what do you call the addition of many more buildings which require extra thought/time to find a path from the ground to the roof? And what do you call the addition of the ability to climb faster by holding R1? And what do you call the addition of the climbing leap? I call those improvements.

You've already had your "but they haven't changed it" line quoted back at you multiple times, but apparently nobody's bothered to explain why yet.

Stating that it's bad for them not to have changed something IS saying they should change it.

The ONLY thing you've complained about with any grounds is the graphics, which are, like I said before, already better than 90% of what's out there.

When they're pushing the limits (in graphics) of their game engine on current-gen consoles, and continuing to upgrade the physics and gameplay elements within the engine, I DON'T see where your problem is.

Looking at it as a standalone element rather than part of the whole, AC2's combat system wasn't as well designed as the system in AC1. But taken in context, they made the combat work better than keeping the old system, because the amount of alteration the AI would need to make AC1's combat system viable was far more trouble than reworking the combat system. Even though they decreased the viability of offense, thus unbalancing the combat system further, the addition of different AI behaviours made it feel deeper. If they do a better job of balancing the combat system, and keep the AI up to standard, ACB will be another step up from AC2.

And the extra storyline elements, which are a MAJOR part of the game, are also well worth the asking price.

If (like your posts appear to think) the only things that matter to you are improving graphics and adding multiplayer, then you're only interested in presentation. In that case, you should appreciate why we're (in a less-than-serious manner, I might add) calling you out on your spelling. The fact that you think you have a point when you really don't seem to implies that your English skills are far worse than you realise, and you're actually not telling any of us what you think needs fixing.

P.S. you're not using internet slang. You're using txtspeak. Internet slang is called "leet" or "1337" or various other alternative spellings, and frequently involves swapping out letters for number and other characters to confuse people. txtspeak (deliberate noncapitalisation) is all about limiting the number of characters you're using and skipping capitalisation, and exists specifically for SMS services (also known as "txting", hence the name) on mobile phones. This is so you can limit the number of characters you're using and increase typing speed on an inefficient form of keypad, both of which are far less important considerations on the internet. Which is why we're all saying that "should" is not spelt "shld" and "everyone" doesn't have a "1" in it. And again, if you take this too seriously, you need to learn more about the concept of "making fun of someone" (hint: it's a joke).

P.P.S Quitting your own thread because other people aren't listening when the reason they're not listening is your own failure to explain yourself properly is immature and senseless.

CaptainP00face
11-09-2010, 09:10 AM
You think it's sad that people point out your spelling, it's even more pathetic to rage like this.

zarens
11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
grafik *****...thats all i got to say!...a game is not about the grafiks...games are made for the one reason to entertain...not to look at...if you want somin incredibly beatiful to look at take a trip to italy...and if you dont think the game is good...then dont buy it it...leave it alone let people who do enjoy it enjoy it...cuz im having a good time over here...i hate listening to stupis ****s like you get off this forum! let me play my game! (once its out)

Tuck2103
11-09-2010, 09:17 AM

Nothing is true. And indeed, improve your english.

jlorence
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM

If you think this is just some quick expansion pack, then you clearly have no clue what you're ranting about.

SWJS
11-09-2010, 09:59 AM
If you think this is just some quick expansion pack, then you clearly have no clue what you're ranting about.
Hahah, so true. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Is it just me or has the IQ on the internet dropped another 30%? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

That would leave the IQ of the internet at... -30%

Yikes.

gutarjunky
11-09-2010, 10:01 AM
this games NEEDS rubbish on the streets, stray animals etc, everythings to detailed and empty, and thats 1 of the reasons why me and every1 i speak to say it doesnt look correct and the atmosphere in this game is wrong, IT NEEDS GARBAGE ON THE STREETS, maybe even a few stray dogs and chickens, dogs wlda been used for guards back then anyway, but please if ur gonna add dogs to the game FONT be stupid enough to make them alsations, cuz that wld jus be the stupidist thingh EVER.

but ye, rubbish is really needed in this game to make it look natural and correct, plus it wld be SUCH a simple thing to add to the game... disagreeing just prooved how lil u know about civilisation back then (i mean theres rubbish on the streets today, and it wlda been a lot worse back then)

EDIT : these additions would make up for the lack of communication and realistic actions from the pedestrians.. cuz there really unrealistically boring to

ALSO, u should clearly beable to attack while climbing, its so unrealistic / annoying and frustrating when ur chasing someone up a building, ur like not even a foot behind and ur character cant reach a tiny bit up and grab the enemy? so pathetic, u have to wait till ur on a surface to attack, thats pathetic.
o yeah, and people throwing rocks at u while u are climbing would NO WAY make u fall off, unless it was a HUGE rock to ur head, but its not they throw tiny rocks......

Sorry i don't speak in illiterate http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Sabooza
11-09-2010, 10:32 AM
I do not agree with anything on this post, well the original post. TBH I myself could not care less about rubbish and stray dogs, I have to look at rubbish everyday of my life, why would I want it in a video game? And you saying they should charge a smaller price as the gameplay is identical and so are the graphics (neither of which are, and who cares about graphics?) I am a Metal Gear fan, and although all the sequels (Metal Gear Solid 2,3 and 4)all improve in both graphics and gameplays each time, I still prefer number 1, why you may ask? because even though the character models have no eyes, the enemies are dumb as hell, and there are WAY less gameplay elements than the others, I enjoy it's story more, it's feel more, and for some reason, it just has a aura about it, I love the other games as well, legendary games, but I prefer the forst one despite it's drawbacks, and if you actually liked the Assassin's Creed series that much, you wouldn't mind the fact that "the graphics haven't improved" or "it's got no realistic rubbish or dogs :'(" because i for one, couldn't care less.

Sabooza
11-09-2010, 10:37 AM
a lil faster / more responsive climbing really means nothing... infact that shls be on the sequel without fail... but i can see u people really dont care about improving your favorite game so **** this, im out..... the arguements you people are coming out with are sooo petty and some of you dont have the brain capacity to figure out simple internet slang and spelling
o we cn trnslte ur iternet slng, bt th point is, y shud wee? i meen cmon, who wnt 2 luk at stoopid txt speek or whtever you cl dis?

salted onions
11-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Honestly, dirt on the streets in the poorer sections of the city, and stray dogs and such walking around wouldn't be a bad thing (and it would explain those barking dogs everytime I fire off the hidden gun http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif.). But that doesn't mean that this game is trash or anything.

Adding in something like that would add in a level of detail not seen in many games, considering that the AC series is already extremely detailed. The graphics honestly has barely changed, but that's because AC1 was already gorgeous, and the new color schemes of AC2 made it breath taking. But the city needs some poor districts like that of AC1, because in reality not every was a rich nobleman in Firenze or Venezia or even Roma.

I also agree that the pedestrians react in a pretty boring manner, the cut and paste reactions throughout an entire crowd is pretty dull. They could improve that.

That being said, the Assassin's Creed series is still my favorite franchise, and is a phenomenal accomplishment in gaming. AC2 was a major step up from AC1, like huge, and ACB builds upon everything that was good in AC2, and adds it own little quirks and will probably make it an amazing game. An analogy in used in a different thread, AC1 was the foundation, and ontop of that foundation a castle was built called AC2. ACB is basically the same castle, decorated and made beautiful, elegant, and just awesome.

/endrant

SWJS
11-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I do not agree with anything on this post, well the original post. TBH I myself could not care less about rubbish and stray dogs, I have to look at rubbish everyday of my life, why would I want it in a video game? And you saying they should charge a smaller price as the gameplay is identical and so are the graphics (neither of which are, and who cares about graphics?) I am a Metal Gear fan, and although all the sequels (Metal Gear Solid 2,3 and 4)all improve in both graphics and gameplays each time, I still prefer number 1, why you may ask? because even though the character models have no eyes, the enemies are dumb as hell, and there are WAY less gameplay elements than the others, I enjoy it's story more, it's feel more, and for some reason, it just has a aura about it, I love the other games as well, legendary games, but I prefer the forst one despite it's drawbacks, and if you actually liked the Assassin's Creed series that much, you wouldn't mind the fact that "the graphics haven't improved" or "it's got no realistic rubbish or dogs :'(" because i for one, couldn't care less.

o we cn trnslte ur iternet slng, bt th point is, y shud wee? i meen cmon, who wnt 2 luk at stoopid txt speek or whtever you cl dis? These.

lol, I have firefox set to check spelling. I opened his original post in a quote. The entire thing was fully of red squigglies. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

sidspykerx
11-09-2010, 10:54 AM
This guy who started this thread reminds me of a memory name from AC II--->Ignorance is Bliss....

If you hate the game so much, why did you even BOTHER to go to the forums, register and then post a topic with improper English, and yes proper English is important for getting your point across the web at least.

The combat system has been VASTLY improved, I just sit with my mouth open whenever i watch the Enter Rome trailer(specially the crossbow+face-plant with kick move)you couldn't do that in the previous ACs, it was all basically counter-attacking and in AC using combo moves to kill someone with just 2-3 mouse clicks.

Climbing, in AC Altaïr could only ascend one ledge at a time, look @ Ezio.... wayyyyyyyyy faster....

What about the new combo streams sword+gun or dagger+throwing knives.
Hell even the cannon game-play
or Exotic Leonardo machines,

Infact I think Ubisoft should get a best improvisation in series award, AC was an ambitious game but flawed, AC2 covered up for it, and now we're getting an even more Brutal game.....

Let's see... making garbage, stray dogs which obviously would have AI, don't you think that would be another memory hog.

Me:Ubisoft why did you delay the PC release dates?
Ubi:Compio questo sacrificio il bene superiore (I make this sacrifice for the greater good)
Me:YAY! you stole the line from Ezio!

So I say Ubisoft, I salute you for the improvisation you made on the AC title.

BEST IMPROVISATION AWARD TO YOU!

PhiIs1618033
11-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by sidspyker:
This guy who started this thread reminds me of a memory name from AC II--->Ignorance is Bliss....

If you hate the game so much, why did you even BOTHER to go to the forums, register and then post a topic with improper English, and yes proper English is important for getting your point across the web at least.

The combat system has been VASTLY improved, I just sit with my mouth open whenever i watch the Enter Rome trailer(specially the crossbow+face-plant with kick move)you couldn't do that in the previous ACs, it was all basically counter-attacking and in AC using combo moves to kill someone with just 2-3 mouse clicks.

Climbing, in AC Altaïr could only ascend one ledge at a time, look @ Ezio.... wayyyyyyyyy faster....

What about the new combo streams sword+gun or dagger+throwing knives.
Hell even the cannon game-play
or Exotic Leonardo machines,

Infact I think Ubisoft should get a best improvisation in series award, AC was an ambitious game but flawed, AC2 covered up for it, and now we're getting an even more Brutal game.....

Let's see... making garbage, stray dogs which obviously would have AI, don't you think that would be another memory hog.

Me:Ubisoft why did you delay the PC release dates?
Ubi:Compio questo sacrificio il bene superiore (I make this sacrifice for the greater good)
Me:YAY! you stole the line from Ezio!

So I say Ubisoft, I salute you for the improvisation you made on the AC title.

BEST IMPROVISATION AWARD TO YOU!
Put 'improvement' instead of 'improvisation' and you have a great post!

Obviously, OP does not have the capability to keep track of all the AC:B news, so I won't respond to his misinformed posts.

itsamea-mario
11-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you think this is just some quick expansion pack, then you clearly have no clue what you're ranting about.

Is it just me or has the IQ on the internet dropped another 30%? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Yikes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that implies there was already a bit of intelligence beforehand.

i don't really want to read through all the illiteracy and ignorance, but skimming over i get the jist that people think this isn't a full game.
well they're wrong, it is a completely new game following the story of ezio and desmond again, in a new place new story new game play mechanics new equipment etc...
maybe it didn't need to be made, but it was and its here and its new and its full.

also yes grammar is important, if we just let it out of our grasp and let it crumble,a then we lose our oldest form of culture.

(maybe second, or third, well theres hunting and mating, i suppose eating...)

obliviondoll
11-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you think this is just some quick expansion pack, then you clearly have no clue what you're ranting about.

i don't really want to read through all the illiteracy and ignorance, but skimming over i get the jist that people think this isn't a full game.
well they're wrong, it is a completely new game following the story of ezio and desmond again, in a new place new story new game play mechanics new equipment etc...
maybe it didn't need to be made, but it was and its here and its new and its full.

also yes grammar is important, if we just let it out of our grasp and let it crumble,a then we lose our oldest form of culture.

(maybe second, or third, well theres hunting and mating, i suppose eating...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st, just because something already has 0 intelligence, doesn't mean you can't remove 30% from it. Just means 0 - 30% doesn't make a difference anyway.

2nd, Mating, eating and hunting don't count as culture because they're requirements for life of the individual, species or group. Speech and toolmaking are the only things that predate writing as cultural developments.

The rest of your post has been said before, by myself and others, and apparently only the OP disagrees with you. And he ragequit the thread a while ago.

Mr_Shade
11-09-2010, 11:46 AM
It safe to lock this 'Raaaaaaaage' thread then?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Kakashi590
11-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:

(maybe second, or third, well theres hunting and mating, i suppose eating...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st, just because something already has 0 intelligence, doesn't mean you can't remove 30% from it. Just means 0 - 30% doesn't make a difference anyway.

2nd, Mating, eating and hunting don't count as culture because they're requirements for life of the individual, species or group. Speech and toolmaking are the only things that predate writing as cultural developments.

The rest of your post has been said before, by myself and others, and apparently only the OP disagrees with you. And he ragequit the thread a while ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> the type of food you eat is cultural