PDA

View Full Version : Fun Teamspeak add on's

p-11.cAce
04-24-2007, 06:25 PM
The Teamspeak website has some nice add-on software...there are three small programs that I enjoy very much when flying online:
1. Teamspeak Overlay - almost everyone has this one - it adds a few user defined items to your screen; who is talking, a clock, and an fps counter.
2. TS-Noise - adds "static", "crackle", and mic clicks on your end when you hit your PTT and when you let it up. Everyone else does not hear this but I think it adds immersion.
3. TS-Chatter - allows you to play music from winamp, and automatically drops the volume when you or anyone else is speaking. I LOVE this app (even though I hate winamp) and have found a few codecs for winamp that allow you to play iTunes coded songs in winamp. You can adjust the amount of volume drop and its duration after people stop talking.

**UPDATE** here is the link to the download page: CLICK HERE (http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=3rdparty&id=1)

VFA-195 Snacky
04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks for posting this. I listen to classical when I fly and it would be nice to have this.

TC_Stele
04-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the third one. I've always wanted something like that.

WTE_Ibis
04-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Teamspeak Overlay
Causes a sometimes dramatic drop in FPS.

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Ibis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Teamspeak Overlay
Causes a sometimes dramatic drop in FPS.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, little addons are always cool, but I use TS Display instead of overlay.

TB

LEBillfish
04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
3. TS-Chatter - allows you to play music from winamp, and automatically drops the volume when you or anyone else is speaking. I LOVE this app (even though I hate winamp) and have found a few codecs for winamp that allow you to play iTunes coded songs in winamp. You can adjust the amount of volume drop and its duration after people stop talking.

Simply make use of your in game music area's for this.....In mine I utilize background chatter packs.

p-11.cAce
04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
I guess I should have explained the TS-Chatter better. I fly with a headset so all the game sounds, TS, and music (like the great new VNV album) are all in my headphones. While its easy enough to pick out TS over engine noise, gunfire, etc (I play with the sim volume pretty low) oud music just drowns out the TS. With TS-Chatter running anytime someone speaks or I hit my PTT the music volume drops or mutes depending on how you set up the preferences in TS-Chatter. This way its easy to hear them talk, then when they are done the music volume returns to its normal level. The only volume that is affected is the music volume - game sounds remain the same.

WilhelmSchulz.
04-30-2007, 05:19 PM
love it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

WilhelmSchulz.
05-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Bump