PDA

View Full Version : Time discrepancies in the animus?

Rakudaton
01-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Doesn't anyone else feel that the times spent in the animus don't really correlate very well to the real world? Consider this:

AC

Animus Time: 9 months
Real-world Time: Four days or so

AC II

Animus Time: About 23 years
Real-world Time: Two days at the very most

AC B

Animus Time: 4 years
Real-world Time: Several weeks, I think.

Doesn't anyone think this is a bit weird?

Furthermore, I felt that it was *wrong* how in ACB you could go through all of Ezio's memories without getting out of the animus. It just didn't make sense either -- they were there for a long time; besides, some of the emails include references to Desmond doing things like 'screaming in his sleep'... surely that's not possible if he's in the animus? I would have preferred pre-set breaks, like the first two games.

LxLAS3RzZz
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
AC

AC II

AC B

They can jump forward in time if they are able to, this is better shown in AC1 but not as big as a jump as it said "Fast Forwarding Memory to a more a recent one." - That's what they are doing which is how they can do all of those years in such a small amount of time.

Also I don't think they were there that long, however I'm sure you could get a more specific time if you looked at the e-mails.

Furthermore, I felt that it was *wrong* how in ACB you could go through all of Ezio's memories without getting out of the animus. It just didn't make sense either

Agreed, I believe that you should've been forced to come out of the Animus because Desmond would've gone insane if he stayed in constantly as shown in AC2 and also in AC1 it seemed to be right as it made you get out of the animus more frequently, I know that was partly because Lucy was trying to buy time in order to attempt to help Desmond escape via more Assassin's or something like that (In my opinion Assassin's should've just got Matrix style and got a helicopter, machine-gun down the windows then for Desmond to do a random jump into the helicopter.)

Desmond doing things like 'screaming in his sleep'... surely that's not possible if he's in the animus?

Shaun, Desmond, Lucy and Rebecca do have their own rooms apperently but we do not actually see them, this is shown by the fact that Rebecca asks if she can talk to Lucy and she said she could "tonight" in her room. So obviously when Desmond goes to bed and sleep he was screaming.

I would have preferred pre-set breaks, like the first two games.

Yet again agreed.

Alpha Ender
01-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
Doesn't anyone else feel that the times spent in the animus don't really correlate very well to the real world? Consider this:

AC

The reason for this was that you don't spend much time in between key memory points. You're hopping from high point to high point of your assassinations ("fast forwarding to a more recent memory"- Animus). However, I do think it should have been a little longer.

AC II

Few things about this. The Animus 2.0 runs very different from the Abstergo Animus. Also, like the first one, it skips forward to high points in memories. I still think two days isn't enough time for what you did, but try and play straight through it sometime and see if you can beat it in under two days with 100% sync.

AC B

Doesn't anyone think this is a bit weird?

In this one, I would say that it didn't really fast forward to new memories. Things like the missions you sent Assassins on would be important enough that you couldn't just skip past them like you could skip past things in the other games.

Furthermore, I felt that it was *wrong* how in ACB you could go through all of Ezio's memories without getting out of the animus. It just didn't make sense either -- they were there for a long time; besides, some of the emails include references to Desmond doing things like 'screaming in his sleep'... surely that's not possible if he's in the animus? I would have preferred pre-set breaks, like the first two games.

The Animus 2.0 could run without giving Desmond as many negative side effects of the Bleeding Effect as compared to the Abstergo Animus. The only reason he came out in the first one was to test how well the Bleeding Effect had been "training" him to become an Assassin. Personally, I got out of the Animus in ACB a few times just to walk outside, check emails, etc. This is likely just a game mechanism where Ubisoft didn't want to bore us by making us HAVE to get out and go to bed or whatever. Instead, they just skipped over those parts. It's like...there was another post on here a few weeks back that was talking about how Desmond in AC never had to shower, eat, um...defecate. We skip over those part because they're boring.

Anyways. That's my explanation. I think it's a good argument. There's nothing behind it, like no actual proof (except how the Animus 2.0 runs; they mention that a few times), but it makes sense in my mind at least.

Rakudaton
01-30-2011, 02:45 AM
I still think two days isn't enough time for what you did, but try and play straight through it sometime and see if you can beat it in under two days with 100% sync.

I appear to be suffering from the bleeding effect. When I said "real-world time", I meant in the game. Yeah... perhaps that was badly worded.

Alpha Ender
01-30-2011, 03:18 AM
No, I understand what you mean by "real-world time". I'm suggesting though that you play through the game (in real life) and see if you can beat it in two days or less. If you can do it, surely Desmond (who is living it after all) could do it.

Krayus Korianis
01-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
No, I understand what you mean by "real-world time". I'm suggesting though that you play through the game (in real life) and see if you can beat it in two days or less. If you can do it, surely Desmond (who is living it after all) could do it.

Does 10-12 hours count?

Alpha Ender
01-30-2011, 08:53 PM
With 100% sync? Dang you are fast Krayus_Korianis.