PDA

View Full Version : Bombing in Multiplayer!

F10_Punx
11-20-2004, 10:38 AM
I don't know if this discussion already has been on display but I got a question about flying bomber in Multiplayer:
Why does the pilot handle the bomb sight and not the front gunner?
I flew a multiplayer mission with my squadmates yesyerday when we discovered that the front gunner cannot operate the bomb sight.
Is it supposed to be that way because that the pilot handles the flight and has to handle the bomb sight?
My opinion is that the nose gunner should operate the bomb sight.
Much much easier...

Regards
F10_Punx
CO F10 Ӟngelholm
http://www.f10vs.tk

F10_Punx
11-20-2004, 10:38 AM
I don't know if this discussion already has been on display but I got a question about flying bomber in Multiplayer:
Why does the pilot handle the bomb sight and not the front gunner?
I flew a multiplayer mission with my squadmates yesyerday when we discovered that the front gunner cannot operate the bomb sight.
Is it supposed to be that way because that the pilot handles the flight and has to handle the bomb sight?
My opinion is that the nose gunner should operate the bomb sight.
Much much easier...

Regards
F10_Punx
CO F10 Ӟngelholm
http://www.f10vs.tk

Von_Zero
11-20-2004, 04:44 PM
DF or Coop?
in DF u can switch positions, the bomber position is the next after the nose gunner.
in coop, u can choose only one position, so for 1 He111 can be 7 players:
1 pilot
1 nose gunner
1 bomber
2 waist gunners
1 top gunner
1 belly gunner
in a DF or single player, u can jump from a position to another either by pressing "c" or by assigning a key for each position (i use ctrl+1, ctrl+2, etc). in coop, ur stuck at the position u chose at the begining of the mission.

Flat_foot
11-20-2004, 06:05 PM
The bombadier position is only availible to the pilot of the plane, (ive read its because of the need to actualy have control of the plane, which only the pilot has).

Tully__
11-20-2004, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flat_foot:
The bombadier position is only availible to the pilot of the plane, (ive read its because of the need to actualy have control of the plane, which only the pilot has). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct. The way the game handles netcode doesn't allow control to be alternated between two players in a way that will work, so the bomb aiming has to be done by the person who controls the aircraft (the pilot position).

For the same reason we'll never have the two seat training aircraft that so many have requested or co-pilot slots in the IL2 series.

F10_Punx
11-21-2004, 10:07 AM
One idea that I think could work is that you create a function that switches the control of
the aircraft from the pilot to the nose-gunner/bombardier when on the bomb-run.

Tully__
11-21-2004, 10:12 AM
It has been frequently requested, but as I menioned above, comments by the developers suggest not in this game engine.

If we're lucky such a feature may find its way into the Battle of Britain sim due for release late next year.