PDA

View Full Version : WOW, i didnt know galloping on a horse was illegal back then..

reaktor
12-03-2007, 04:08 PM
apparently so.. i dont care if they know your an assassin, if that was the case, they would always seek to arrest you.. but because you run fast on a horse, your now a lawbreaker??

gimme a break... ubi FAILED on this one.

Tela
12-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Use search next time. There are multiple threads where they discuss the horse/ bash UBI.

K_Falcon
12-03-2007, 05:22 PM
We have that too in modern times its called speeding.

AldirTheKnight
12-03-2007, 08:09 PM
horses running at 200 km/h http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Crash_Plague
12-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by K_Falcon:
We have that too in modern times its called speeding.

lolz!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Vincentantonio
12-03-2007, 10:40 PM
As I understand the game is not that; he must not call the attention of guards and soldiers or he is discovered, especially when guards are "alert" (in the kingdom they are always alert); running you call a lot the attention and they will discover you; walking slow you are not so suspicious and guards will not pay too much attention on you.

I don't understand that idea is like is "illegal" to go fast in your horse.

stix489
12-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Well it adds to the suspense of the game...and the fun! Imagine riding through the Kingdom for half an hour and nothing happens...how boring would that be?

ACfanboy12
12-04-2007, 12:08 AM
GO STIX!

stix489
12-04-2007, 12:14 AM
GO ME... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Stillzero
12-04-2007, 12:30 AM
gimme a break... ubi FAILED on this one.

SO you based that on the fact that you can't gallop on your horse ?

You fail then, Fail to make a decent thread aswell as to elebrate.

stix489
12-04-2007, 12:35 AM
I agree... (http://www.youfail.org/)

DungeonRaider
12-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Also, just how many other people do you see actually riding horses at all, let alone galloping.

ACfanboy12
12-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Seriously... all the people are looking for assassins to kill... and there you are on a horse... galloping right infront of their faces... wow.

And it's not illegal... you dont even make sense... im joining the club that says you fail

wepeel
12-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Vincentantonio had it right pretty much. It's fairly similar today: assume the police are looking for you from the start, only they aren't sure exactly what you look like. Then as soon as you see a cop, you floor the pedal or bust into a sprint. You're bound to get pursued.

And, I'm not claiming to be an equine expert, but I can imagine that galloping a horse while travelling between two cities wasn't as common as displayed in the movies, as they're likely to get tired rather fast. Just like with any other animal including us, if you want to run far, you have to slow down a bit.

stix489
12-04-2007, 03:39 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif It's late...I'm not bothered adding anything so again... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

VillainSmokes
12-04-2007, 07:37 AM
And besides without this it would be harder to gather up 10 guards quickly so you can leap off your horse and slaughter them all cool like. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

ScytheOfGrim
12-04-2007, 07:58 AM
I don't mind the crazy guards chasing me for exceeding the non-existant "speed-limit".

What annoys me is that they call me an infidel every time it happens... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

AirRon_2K7
12-04-2007, 08:56 AM
WOW, i didnt know galloping on a horse was illegal back then..

You also didn't know that making redundant topics is illegal too.

eWaster
12-04-2007, 10:27 AM
dear reaktor... u r a ***g

synergy23
12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
dear dumbazz....i hate you

NECESARY_EVIL
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
dear synergy23... i love you.... lolz

Dunno
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
I'm telling you, when those guards pulled me over on my horse I for one was shocked by their radar gun.

wepeel
12-05-2007, 12:31 AM
To cut the traveling parts would be to take a significant atmospheric feature away for the sake of streamlining in my opinion. I'm hoping for a larger, more fleshed out version of the Kingdom in AC2, covering several screens and with more options.

Like in AC1, they can simply include the fast-travel option for the players who don't like exploring.

unnamedninja
12-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Getting guards all over you has annoyed me plenty of times when i've been trying to listen to Kyd's excellent "Jerusalem horse ride" track.

Oh well, riding in circles ftw! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway it makes sense that the guards would be all over you since the kingdoms are at war you know, people cant just ride around like crazy and not draw attention to themselves, specially if they're an assassin. But i would have loved it if the kingdroms were as large as advertised, wide open spaces instead of being linear tunnel style rubbish, that way you could avoid the bad guys and listen to the great music.

ACfanboy12
12-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Im telling you, all of these problems that people keep happening would go away if Altair looked like the people more.

For instance... instead of having a sword, and a dagger on his back, and his bracelet things, he could have a dagger in his shoe, and under his robe, and his arms, and places where people cant see it.

That way he wont look like an assassin and people wont complain, and he would blend into the monks more.

NECESARY_EVIL
12-05-2007, 07:52 PM
yeah but then he wouldnt look F****** amazing!

stix489
12-05-2007, 08:12 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

I LOVE THAT SMILY!!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Royal.Mist
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by stix489:
Well it adds to the suspense of the game...and the fun! Imagine riding through the Kingdom for half an hour and nothing happens...how boring would that be?

Hey, that kinda reminds me of the rest of the game.

rvennell
12-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by stix489:

Yeah, yaknow, normal life? How boring is it to drive your car to the store and not get pulled over or chased by 500 cops...? The horse is purely transportation in this game and I think one of the worst design decisions they could have possibly made was the one where you can't just walk/canter/gallop to your destination.

You have to SLOW WALK for craps sake. That's lame beyond lame. You are 10x better off just going on foot at a full sprint the whole way.

Tela
12-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by rvennell:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stix489:

Yeah, yaknow, normal life? How boring is it to drive your car to the store and not get pulled over or chased by 500 cops...? The horse is purely transportation in this game and I think one of the worst design decisions they could have possibly made was the one where you can't just walk/canter/gallop to your destination.

You have to SLOW WALK for craps sake. That's lame beyond lame. You are 10x better off just going on foot at a full sprint the whole way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sprint, you can get caught just as easily. Best bet is just to "blend" on the horse as you walk by them. Yes, it's frustrating, but then you get past them, and can GALLOP....which is a hell of a lot faster than sprinting.

dirtybird21
12-05-2007, 11:38 PM
You know that when they chase you, You don't have 2 actually DO anything right? i don't even pay attention 2 that, You're alot faster than them, I just keep going where i'm tryina go...

rvennell
12-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvennell:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stix489:

You have to SLOW WALK for craps sake. That's lame beyond lame. You are 10x better off just going on foot at a full sprint the whole way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sprint, you can get caught just as easily. Best bet is just to "blend" on the horse as you walk by them. Yes, it's frustrating, but then you get past them, and can GALLOP....which is a hell of a lot faster than sprinting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhm...if you sprint the guards don't start chasing you in the first place... if you TROT on a horse which is far slower than a sprint...you get chased.

"Blending" wouldn't be much of an issue except for the fact that guards are stationed every 100 feet along the stinkin road.

Kaxen6
12-05-2007, 11:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvennell:

You sprint, you can get caught just as easily. Best bet is just to "blend" on the horse as you walk by them. Yes, it's frustrating, but then you get past them, and can GALLOP....which is a hell of a lot faster than sprinting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think galloping is faster despite the mass of guards screaming for your blood... just need to avoid them when they do that impromptu barricade thing where they make your horse trip... poor horsey...

Tela
12-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by rvennell:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:

Uhm...if you sprint the guards don't start chasing you in the first place... if you TROT on a horse which is far slower than a sprint...you get chased.

"Blending" wouldn't be much of an issue except for the fact that guards are stationed every 100 feet along the stinkin road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you're just lucky, then. Whenever 'I' run/sprint, the guards come after me, no matter how far or near to them I am.

Royal.Mist
12-05-2007, 11:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:

"Blending" wouldn't be much of an issue except for the fact that guards are stationed every 100 feet along the stinkin road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you're just lucky, then. Whenever 'I' run/sprint, the guards come after me, no matter how far or near to them I am. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...How did you unlock the increased difficulty? Was it hax?

dirtybird21
12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
The reason you're not getting caught is because it's easier 2 move on foot, So you can get further away quicker, Plus the horse takes up more room so you can't hug the wall as good as when you're on foot.

Tela
12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
@ Royal.Mist: ....I never said a thing about increased difficulty.

dirtybird21
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM

I think he was being sarcastic...

Royal.Mist
12-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:

I think he was being sarcastic... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes I was. Why would Tela be the only one to be chased while running/sprinting when I or many others are not?

dirtybird21
12-05-2007, 11:56 PM
She's not, Like i said it's just the fact that it's easier 2 turn/move around. That's why sometimes i just get off my hourse when i'm tryina go through one of those little villages especially the ones with the curvey hills, Because the horse turns so slow.

Tela
12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:

I think he was being sarcastic... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes I was. Why would Tela be the only one to be chased while running/sprinting when I or many others are not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....because guards hate me?