PDA

View Full Version : is this a issue?

sakai2005
03-16-2011, 12:52 PM
my mother board is a 890gx with on board video
ati 4290.a new build thats up and running just need to get a decent gpu.

if i went with a nvidia card would that be a problem?

ytareh
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
I cant imagine a motherboard with an ATi chipset would have any problem running a graphics card from any manufacturer as long as it had the PCI Express slot required.HOWEVER I think by the sounds of it you should post more details about what you have exactly, mobo/cpu/ram/budget etc and what you want to use it for ...It sounds as if youre fairly new to pc hardware and taking your time and doing a bit of research is most critical at that stage !

EDIT IL2 will benefit more from a fast cpu than graphics card ...

M_Gunz
03-16-2011, 01:42 PM
You might want to make sure that you have the ATI drivers cleaned out (PC running on vanilla graphics) before installing the nvidia card.

sakai2005
03-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ytareh:
I cant imagine a motherboard with an ATi chipset would have any problem running a graphics card from any manufacturer as long as it had the PCI Express slot required.HOWEVER I think by the sounds of it you should post more details about what you have exactly, mobo/cpu/ram/budget etc and what you want to use it for ...It sounds as if youre fairly new to pc hardware and taking your time and doing a bit of research is most critical at that stage !

EDIT IL2 will benefit more from a fast cpu than graphics card ...

First thing i posted this in the wrong place sorry.mods please move if needed.

Im not new at building a pc but im a lttle challanged on the tech part.that said this is what i have.

asrock 890gx exstreme 4
phenom 2x4 3.4 black ed.
corsair 8gb 1333
corsair tx750w
2 500 gig drives.

the rig is up and running with onboard graphics ati 4290. windows 7 builders oem.

budget best bang for the buck 150 dollar range

the reason i asked was ive seen alot of conflcting info on this.