PDA

View Full Version : Newness with the 262?

Waldo.Pepper
11-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Been playing around with the 262 the last couple of days and I noticed some things that may be new.

1. The engines WILL NOT blow up catch fire from just overheating them. I parked it, made sure it would not move - then ran the engines up to 100% and left it to sit fully expecting it to catch fire and blow up but no! The engines burned out and the temperature said that it returned to normal. Made a track watch for yourself.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7118698/engine_test.ntrk.html

2. If the engine does catch on fire then go out, then catches again, I managed to put it out and land for once. Here's how I did it. Turn the on-fire engine ON again, then switch it OFF. I'd be interested to know if this was a fluke or not.

3. I think this is different/new but I'm not sure. The R4M rockets now have a proximity/timed fuze on them rather than a contact fuze. (I thought that a contact fuze was historical. Hmmm!)

Waldo.Pepper
11-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Been playing around with the 262 the last couple of days and I noticed some things that may be new.

1. The engines WILL NOT blow up catch fire from just overheating them. I parked it, made sure it would not move - then ran the engines up to 100% and left it to sit fully expecting it to catch fire and blow up but no! The engines burned out and the temperature said that it returned to normal. Made a track watch for yourself.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7118698/engine_test.ntrk.html

2. If the engine does catch on fire then go out, then catches again, I managed to put it out and land for once. Here's how I did it. Turn the on-fire engine ON again, then switch it OFF. I'd be interested to know if this was a fluke or not.

3. I think this is different/new but I'm not sure. The R4M rockets now have a proximity/timed fuze on them rather than a contact fuze. (I thought that a contact fuze was historical. Hmmm!)

Badsight.
11-02-2005, 08:45 PM
i have never made the Schwalb motors light up from just overheating

only sloppy throttle use or from hits recieved

when 262 motors were on fire it depended on how they caught as to how long they lasted in previous patches

just from throttle use you had 3 re-lights , after the 3rd started it would blow off soon after

sometimes it would smoke lite from hits recieved & re-light , sometimes with thick black smoke it wouldnt relight at all , it all depended on how you caught them

i fly a 262 mission nearly every day