PDA

View Full Version : ATI Cat 4.12 is out

RepublicofTexas
12-13-2004, 07:53 PM
the question is should one go to 4.12 if 4.11 is working fine?

RepublicofTexas
12-13-2004, 07:53 PM
the question is should one go to 4.12 if 4.11 is working fine?

CV8_Dudeness
12-13-2004, 09:18 PM
people install new drivers hopeing for a crisper picture coming at them at a higher FPS

sometimes they are less stable

the only way to find out on your own system is to test your old driver & then install & test the old : )

tsisqua
12-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Ok, for those that may not know yet,

<span class="ev_code_RED">BUMP</span>

Now, I have been running these all day, and I don't want to jump the gun. But I am in heaven on perfect at the moment, and I'm afraid that if someone pinches me, I will wake up. My customized color settings are now available to me in full screen 3d while hardware shaders=1 . (i.e. perfect mode)

While running a track using water=0 using 4.11, I was averaging 42fps, and was accepting the settings that I was using as playable. Holy Cow, Batman! I just ran the same track for the same length of time and same settings, except . . . I went from 2x AA to 4x, and AF at 4 as well. I have been watching the same track all night, and I still can't believe the numbers that I am seeing. Please, don't let me be the guy that says " . . . these are awesome, Dood!" . I went up to 85fps average, and the rendering is somehow realer.

Anyone else having a similar experience with these new drivers ?????

Tsisqua

pourshot
12-14-2004, 11:21 PM
I think I know what your saying Tsisqua, I keep looking at my tracks and thinking something its differant but I cant put my finger on it.I think the colors are brighter or more vivid.

However I see no real improvment in fps. not that I'am complaining.

tsisqua
12-15-2004, 01:21 AM
Pourshot, that's exactly what I mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I think that part of the deal is that I still had bits and pieces of my Nvidia drivers floating around on my system, and several successive Cat installs finally taking hold of my GPU. So these drivers may not be that big of a FR help, but alot of my graphic problems are way better: like the flickering runway textures, etc. If I used "object lighting/highest" option, the bottom of the Wildcat had a flashing texture on its belly. That seems to be fixed now. Once again, this may be due to my new ATI card finally getting the instructions that it needed to run at its optimum . . . old drivers were not agreeing with it, possibly.

Either way, I guess that it is good news for me. I was just hoping that it was doing good things for others as well, and I'm sure that ATI has advanced, once again, their Catalyst suite for the better. Good luck, fellow ATI slaves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tsisqua

pourshot
12-15-2004, 04:54 AM
Hmm I just had a major crash while in a coop, the screen went mostly black with just a couple of differant colored shapes.This is a first for my system.

Think I will roll em back to 4.11