PDA

View Full Version : Those Who Came Before? Why?

yasuofenix
07-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I just replayed Assassin's Creed II and I don't know if its been talked about yet but does anyone have any speculation on why those TWCB are dying or dead? I hope they talk more about that in the next game or in III. I assume they would. But isn't it kinda weird for some advanced race to just die out? It sounds like they willingly did so too.

Anyone?

Abeonis
07-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by yasuofenix:
I just replayed Assassin's Creed II and I don't know if its been talked about yet but does anyone have any speculation on why those TWCB are dying or dead? I hope they talk more about that in the next game or in III. I assume they would. But isn't it kinda weird for some advanced race to just die out? It sounds like they willingly did so too.

Anyone?

We know why they died out, we get told why at the end of ACII. The reason they died out is because, during their war with humankind (which outnumbered the First Civilization from the get-go) a solar flare hit the Earth, frying most of the planet and severly diminishing the numbers of both species. Humanity survived, thanks mainly to sheer weight of numbers, whilst the First Civilization were simply too few in number to continue on as a seperate species.

We know that inter-species reproduction was possible, so it's likely that TWCB simply had their bloodlines diluted and mixed with humanites; I highly doubt they just disappeared in a poof of smoke or anything like that.

Ru1986
07-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Yea, its a strange part to the game took me a while to get it what with the glyphs and all too. Interesting though.