PDA

View Full Version : Where to fly PF online? 2nd request

Opie-won
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I just got my computer running again and I would like to fly online....anywhere.....anywhere at all. Can someone pleasee help out? I cannot get anywhere on Hyperlobby and I have not found anywhere else that I can fly online. I have the stand-alone version at present. Someone please help me out. I'm still trying to figure out teamspeak and roger wilco as commo programs

Opie-won
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I just got my computer running again and I would like to fly online....anywhere.....anywhere at all. Can someone pleasee help out? I cannot get anywhere on Hyperlobby and I have not found anywhere else that I can fly online. I have the stand-alone version at present. Someone please help me out. I'm still trying to figure out teamspeak and roger wilco as commo programs

-HH-Quazi
01-13-2006, 08:33 PM
I have heard of a place called AllSeeingEye that may have stand alone PF servers. Never tried it myself. So why won't HL work for you? Have you ever thoguht about picking up a copy of Forgotten Battles Gold edition to merge PF with? There are literally hundreds of online players flying it.

slo123
01-13-2006, 09:08 PM
hey maybe he cant find il2 gold like me
im gonna start beggin for my parents to let me buy off line so maybe ill be able to play
cause on hyper lobby for pf stand alone there aint nobody anyway so who cares if it dont work

Opie-won
01-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Right now funds for me are very limited and I have not been able to find a copies of the expansion packs in order to merge them. For some reason I am unable to get anywhere in HL....I cannot figure out why and have been at it all day.

danimalhanke
01-13-2006, 11:12 PM
The All Seeing Eye won't show any PF stand alone servers as everyone flies FB+AEP+PF. I know cause I did it all and wasted time looking for PF stand alone servers. Buy the gold pack form EB games 19 bucks + 2 bucks for shipping. It is FB and the AEP expansion.
You'll just have to scrape up some cash and do it right. Good news? There's hundreds if not thousnads play in HL with the merged game! w00t!

ElAurens
01-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Opie, can you get to HL at all?

It sounds like you cannot connect.

dieg777
01-14-2006, 03:11 AM
here is a quick guide to online play including a section on hyperlobby with links to help- hope it helps

http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/flying_online.htm

common errors are - trying to use a name that someone else already has and not clicking connect when trying to use

good luck

R988z
01-14-2006, 07:53 AM
UBI.com has PF only, usually only about 20odd people in there at any one time though.

Opie-won
01-14-2006, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R988z:
UBI.com has PF only, usually only about 20odd people in there at any one time though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a link? I have had no luck in finding this. I have tried the fly online link and it does not work. I appreciate the patience with everything; I have not tried to fly online in over two years so things are a great deal different now and I'm essentially clueless on how to do stuff like using Teamspeak or Roger Wilco. I have those programs installed but do not know how to set them up to work. If someone could possibly assist via PM or even a phone call walking me thru things i would be eternally greattful. A final question would be if I were to obtain a copy of FB and AEP and merged them to PF, do I need those CD's to fly the merged version or can I fly with my PF CD? A friend of mine has ordered a copy of both FB and AEP. I offered to let him borrow my copy of PF to merge them and to get the current patches on them.

Thank you all for the help....I can get to the homepage of HL but I cannot go anywhere else. It states that I have to confirm my password via chat and I cannot type it in. Any guidance or comments would greatly help there too.

Treetop64
01-14-2006, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Opie-won:
...I have the stand-alone version at present. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Four words:

Get.

The.

Merged.

Installation.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Troll2k
01-14-2006, 02:42 PM
If you merge you only need the PF cd to play.

When Forgotten Battles installs it also installs Ubi's Game Service software for you to play on the Ubi servers.I believe with a PF standalone install you must do this manually.

I think the easiest way is to go to the Ubi site.Clik on online games on the left.Then click on Pacific Fighters.Then click play.It will tell you that you do not have the Game Service software.Do you want to install it now?Say yes and you should be good to go.

Opie-won
01-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Well I found the IL-2 room to play in and for the first time I played online in over two years. Enjoyyable but I would have liked to play PF....appears that it is not on the site anymore. Oh well....I found a place to fly online for the time being.

slo123
01-18-2006, 09:31 PM
pacific fighters is on hyperlobby i played there last night my name is fartjocky

VW-IceFire
01-18-2006, 09:36 PM
HyperLobby and the merged installation is really the only way to reach the largest collection of people flying online.

Its great fun either way.