PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a TM Cougarwith CH rudder?

jjtasker
02-20-2006, 10:29 PM
My Elite rudder set isslowly buying the farm. I know that the CH game port rudders work ok with the COugar setup, but I can't find one. Will a USB CH set work ok while using the Cougar and TQS.. I Know I can't connect them,but would they work ok at the same time as 2 diff. devices?

jjtasker
02-20-2006, 10:29 PM
My Elite rudder set isslowly buying the farm. I know that the CH game port rudders work ok with the COugar setup, but I can't find one. Will a USB CH set work ok while using the Cougar and TQS.. I Know I can't connect them,but would they work ok at the same time as 2 diff. devices?

Freelancer-1
02-20-2006, 10:40 PM
My USB CH pedals work with both Logitech and Saitek controllers, so I see no reason why they wouldn't work with a Couger.

Although someone who knows for sure should be along shortly.

TX-Gunslinger
02-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Yes you can, however you want be able to control rudder axis in CCP or do anything with them in Foxy.

I have written a lot of Foxy code over the time I've had my Cougar, but have not ever written anything which uses the rudders.

I have the gameport CH rudders, but can't think of anything special about this configuration I've ever used.

The one good thing for the USB is that if you ever go away from your Cougar, the USB is a little easier to deal with, without going to an adapter.

Ultimately, I guess it's a toss up.

One last thing I'd pass on is, I have a set of Elites and find them to be stiffer than the CH pedals. I flew for so long with the CH's that I got used to them before I picked up the Elites off E-bay. I like the greater distance between the pedals on the Elites, but did'nt feel like adapting to the CH's. I have a good friend who has a lot of stick time on the Elites and he hates the CH's.

Maybe it'd be good to repair your Elites. Perhaps the pot or connection needs cleaned. I keep thinking of modding my Elites a little to reduce the tension, but I never seem to get around to it.

Good luck...

S~

FatBoyHK
02-21-2006, 08:02 AM
IIRC you can mod the Gameport CH rudder (some re-wiring, but not very complicated) to make it able to connect directly to a cougar. Go to http://forums.frugalsworld.com to search for it.