PDA

View Full Version : An overlooked detail here? Tell me what you think

Mikatsuki95
08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Let me just say first that I checked all other threads related to what I'm about to say and it wasn't even the main topic.(treated like a joke really) I say that just so the forum managers don't think I'm repeating old threads here and ask me to repost it.

I'm starting to really wonder what kind of stuff Ubisoft is basing this game off of. We know in general its centered around secret societies, manipulated world events and cults and ancient people and whatever, ect ect. I mean I was surprised when they brought in 2012 as a key element of the story.

But here's what bothered me:that thing Desmond said about thinking Templars were guys in funny hats planning world domination with lizard people. I can fully understand why anyone even in real life would have that idea about the templars(minus the lizard people). Since Desmond didn't really believe or know about Templars I can see why he would say that (he said this to Lucy in AC1 btw). The "lizard people" is what bothered me since I could see no reason why Ubisoft had Desmond say that.

Now some of you might know there's a bunch of conspiracy theories centered around lizard people taking over the world with secret societies (like the Templars). Am I saying I believe or support any of that? No I'm not. My point is I think Ubisoft is basing the game to an extent off of some of those conspiracy theories. And if so, why? And how big of a role will it play in the series?

I thought it was worth looking into more a bit. I could be wrong here, cuz I can't see how lizard people planning world domination could suddenly fit into the game (or supposedly already has). But to sum it up, I'm just wondering if Ubisoft 'did' base AC off of that conspiracy theory to an extent, regardless of the theory being true or not. What do the rest of you think?

Abeonis
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Let me just say first that I checked all other threads related to what I'm about to say and it wasn't even the main topic.(treated like a joke really) I say that just so the forum managers don't think I'm repeating old threads here and ask me to repost it.

I'm starting to really wonder what kind of stuff Ubisoft is basing this game off of. We know in general its centered around secret societies, manipulated world events and cults and ancient people and whatever, ect ect. I mean I was surprised when they brought in 2012 as a key element of the story.

But here's what bothered me:that thing Desmond said about thinking Templars were guys in funny hats planning world domination with lizard people. I can fully understand why anyone even in real life would have that idea about the templars(minus the lizard people). Since Desmond didn't really believe or know about Templars I can see why he would say that (he said this to Lucy in AC1 btw). The "lizard people" is what bothered me since I could see no reason why Ubisoft had Desmond say that.

Now some of you might know there's a bunch of conspiracy theories centered around lizard people taking over the world with secret societies (like the Templars). Am I saying I believe or support any of that? No I'm not. My point is I think Ubisoft is basing the game to an extent off of some of those conspiracy theories. And if so, why? And how big of a role will it play in the series?

I thought it was worth looking into more a bit. I could be wrong here, cuz I can't see how lizard people planning world domination could suddenly fit into the game (or supposedly already has). But to sum it up, I'm just wondering if Ubisoft 'did' base AC off of that conspiracy theory to an extent, regardless of the theory being true or not. What do the rest of you think?

Desmond knew full well about the Assassins and Templars, he was born into the Order. What he didn't know was that Abstergo Industries was a front for the Templar Order. The "lizard people" comment likely comes from the fact that, as a result of running away from the Order at such a young age, the seriousness of the two opposing sides had never really dawned upon him.

I think you're reading too much into an off-hand comment made by Desmond. So, just for clarification: there are no lizard people.

Serrachio
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I think that Ubisoft based the Templar theory on the Illuminati, because their supposed motives are similar.

Mikatsuki95
08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
@Abeonis:dude its just a possibility we're discussing here. Ex:Vidic talked about gifts from TWCB. At the time we knew nothing about them. I dare anyone to look me in the eyes and say they suspected from that one line he was talking about an advanced race who created humans in the game. Point is it was small at the time, and became major later. Maybe what I'm talking about could very well have the same outcome. But this topic isn't about lizard people existence. But if Ubisoft based their game off of that conspiracy theory I mentioned. I know you said you were just clarifying that, but please, lets keep this discussion away from that. thanks

And yes I think they based it off of that as well. i wish there was some way to verify if they did though. I know its probably as simple as waiting for Revelations and find out then, but I can be reallly impatient sometimes

Animuses
08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
So you think Assassin's Creed with include lizard people like South Park has crab people?

Chamboozer
08-03-2011, 05:02 PM
When Vidic referred to TWCB he was speaking seriously, however Desmond was just making a joke about the lizard people.

Assassin_M
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I believe Desmond was joking, this is just another side effect of Ubi`s constant Mind-Rape, people think EVERYTHING !!! has a purpose.
No hostility intended what so ever, I actually find it amusing.

Mikatsuki95
08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Again, just suggesting a possibility. I look at it this way, desmond joking or not what he said is what they wanted him to say. To me I figured it was a possible hint at where their whole story comes from.

@Chamboozer: about that joke part, don't get me wrong I get where you're coming from cuz I assumed he was joking too. But he was either joking 'or' explaining his real thoughts on them. either way like I said, I was thinking it might've been a hint at where they base this game from.

an-assassin
08-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
I think that Ubisoft based the Templar theory on the Illuminati, because their supposed motives are similar.

ssoooooo........ the templars plan is to get revenge on the catolic church, and to spread the word of science...... I dont think so. They are not even CLOSE to similar

Abeonis
08-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
Again, just suggesting a possibility. I look at it this way, desmond joking or not what he said is what they wanted him to say. To me I figured it was a possible hint at where their whole story comes from.

@Chamboozer: about that joke part, don't get me wrong I get where you're coming from cuz I assumed he was joking too. But he was either joking 'or' explaining his real thoughts on them. either way like I said, I was thinking it might've been a hint at where they base this game from.

I'm sorry, but let me just try and clarify this. Do you actually think there is going to be "Lizard people" in these games?

Mikatsuki95
08-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Not for a minute. I said I think this was a hint that they are basing the game off of the conspiracy theory which talks about lizard people and secret societies planning world domination.

I don't believe they will have lizard people in the game. I think this is a possible hint that they are basing the game off of that theory (to an 'extent'). That means they could have the secret society part but not the lizard part in the game.

Again I'm not saying they will have them in the game, I'm wondering if the game is based off that theory in any way. Just trying to make it clear for you. Besides its not entirely what I think, I want to hear what everyone else thinks.

Mic_92
08-04-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't think they'll go that far but we never know.
The last Project Legacy memories introduced concepts far more supernatural than what I expected from AC, such as reincarnation and possibly ghosts.
To be honest, I don't see Desmond fighting against 9 feet tall Lizards but the Templars do worship Baphomet, which is some kind of man-goat with breasts. Still, if that thing appears in AC it'll probably be one of TWCB.

OGCFB
08-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Lizard people is quite a popular conspiracy not surprised why they brought it up.

This pretty much sums it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptilians