PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Ezio's parkour/ free-running skills?

Turkiye96
05-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Ok well in ACB you could basically climb buildings, jump and walk on thin beams. But that sounds a little basic. e.g. I loved the idea of being able to jump off a horse and swing over a beam, it was a good step forward but the game needed more cool moves. so what do you think?

( keep in mind that we will have to play as him so im against the last option in the poll)

iN3krO
05-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Maybe altair parkour should be improved (from ezio and so on but without elevators and ziplines) maybe wall walk with mid-walk jump to get a boost without losing time (like in mirrior's edge) trying to keep it realistic... maybe when there is some low-height barrier if we press Feet buttom we should jump over it instead of get on it and we should only get on it if we only hold high profile ... this would make parkour faster when trying to run away...

If someone did mirror's edge the very last mission when you have to kill your friend (the girl), first you follow her... maybe some kind of chase like that would be nice too (maybe you run after a templair inside a castle) <- Changing the system of chasing of ac2/brotherhood it was nice but you had only 1 way to do it but in mirror's edge you have many ways and with some of them you can reach the target before she reachs the final and that's what ubisoft should add to the parkour/freerun part of the game

crash3
05-24-2011, 03:29 PM
i think it nds to be more realistic by adding a fatigue feature to the free-running so straining to climb up buildings, getting out of breath when sprinting long distances etc.

could ad to the challene of the game and many people find the game too easy so by making the assasin get worn out could make it more challenging/realistic

nekov4ego
05-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Time for more "Oh, my back!" in Revelations.

Chamboozer
05-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I like the idea of Revelations having a slightly less active Ezio. The game is called Revelations, it should include a lot more story development at the expense of action. Altair can pick up the pace when we play as him.

However it would be dumb if they toned it down too much. It's still Assassin's Creed after all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

GunnarGunderson
05-24-2011, 08:20 PM
I think the animations seemed a bit robotic, they were just too perfectly performed and didn't seem realistic. Ezio didn't look like he was exerting any effort either

Inorganic9_2
05-25-2011, 04:40 AM
I agre with the above poster; make the moves a little more realistic-looking. Perhaps a bit of slipping as you climb up over a ledge. If you watch a traceur go from a hanging position on a wall and climb up over it, they rarely do it 100% smoothly.

Also, make the roll when you hit the floor a bit less hard...I thought you roll was meant to lessen the force, not make you go UHHHHHH

PhiIs1618033
05-25-2011, 05:00 AM
The game definitely needs vaults. A lot of smooth parkour movement is based on vaults. I don't understand how the developers failed to acknowledge that.

Xanatos2007
05-25-2011, 05:25 AM
You could do vaults in AC1 although they were difficult to perform and not very efficient.

itsamea-mario
05-26-2011, 03:11 PM
The rolls, i don't get why they always do forward rolls, you're supposed to do a shoulder roll, from shoulder to hip, not right down your spine.

payrob07
05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
i think it nds to be more realistic by adding a fatigue feature to the free-running so straining to climb up buildings, getting out of breath when sprinting long distances etc.

could ad to the challene of the game and many people find the game too easy so by making the assasin get worn out could make it more challenging/realistic

Thank you for agreeing with me on the fatigue thing. Everyone here thinks he is a superhuman... he's an old fart with a skill...

iN3krO
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by payrob07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

Thank you for agreeing with me on the fatigue thing. Everyone here thinks he is a superhuman... he's an old fart with a skill... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ofc it will incentive you to kill the guards instead of run away... you are an assasin and not a mercenary -.-''

CFord664
05-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Ezio was in general not very kind to himself. He only rolls after a fall greater than a story. That's not that great on one's knees.

Yes, Ezio should have slowed, but Altair should be faster and cleverer in his movements.

Sizzlemon
05-27-2011, 02:57 AM
I think that if you add them epic free-running skills Ezio showed while chasing the machine gun in ACB it would prove to me more fun to travel around the map with epic style http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif