PDA

View Full Version : Think and Analyze!!!!

phoenix-force411
12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Okay, I have looked over the recent threads on the forums and I have noticed that people are getting mad for the most stupidest reasons that they aren't even looking deep enough into the AC story!

Let's start with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood! Okay, people have been saying that the City renovation meta-game is too much and boring and a little too much for the stealthy Assassins. To top this off, on Sequence 1, the Villa is destroyed. Since the villa was the main HQ for the Assassins, they relocated to Rome. Ezio is brought there by Machiavelli. Since the Villa attack led by Cesare, the Assassin order was weakened greatly, it was Ezio's burden and job to restore the order to its former strength. He rid of the Borgia towers and renovated the city to rid of the Borgia Templars influence. The Renovation of the city was great improvement within the renovating system. By Renovating Rome, the people of Rome respected Ezio and the Assassins. Through this he liberated Rome, and Rome became their main HQ. By taking cities, they increase their influence and the peoples' rights and freedom are preserved away from the Templars.

In Assassin's Creed: Revelations, the Galata Grand Master, Yusuf, states that the Assassins have strong and bigger influence within Constantinople. If you have ever wondered why Byzantines are red on the map, it means they are Templars, and they rule over the Dens(The same with Borgia towers and the Templar influence). The Janissaries are yellow, meaning they are the protectors and guards of the city and they hate the Templars/Byzantines in this case. Ezio rids of the Byzantines who rules over the Dens to destroy the Templar influence over the area(The same applies with ACB).

To the new mechanics and features in ACR:

Den Defense- A game of protecting your Dens from being overthrown by Byzantine attacks through simultaneous rounds of attacks. This new feature calls for strategy. If you think this is stupid then you have issues. The whole motto of this feature is based on "You protect what you gain or took." If you have good strategy in this new feature, most likely you will win. You NEED PRACTICE people! Whining and complaining that Den-Defense sucks will just make it harder! At least practice with it. It's quite fun if you know what you are doin'.

Bombs & Crafting- Instead of the old classic Smoke Bombs, why not have more at your disposal and more variety in it? The 3 categories of bombs give more strategy and a lot more ways to plan an approach or assassination. Also, it's useful for other stuff as well. This includes ingredients as well. A big plus within the series.

Enemy A.I.- Okay, I'll be honest that the A.I. is a lot harder in here. They are smarter and there are a variety of many archetypes making game more of a challenge.

Counters- Well, there are 3 buttons to counter your enemy now, but each with different features. There's counter steal, counter grab, and counter kill. This adds more to the games original counter features.

Dual-wielding- ACR has funner and exciting dual wielding that is way way better than ACB's. If you complain that it's stupid to change eagle vision/eagle sense to L3, I beg to differ. if you think more, having eagle vision on Triangle or Y just makes things to crowded and it makes the button sort of useless(Not saying that it's bad). But changing it to L3 opens more room to new features, in this case, Triangle or Y was changed to the secondary weapon button. This brings more fluid action and a better fighting system. I mean try dual-wielding the cross bow with the gun.

Ziplines- I don't really need to answer this, but y'all know the reasons and the fun it and its usefulness for navigation. The city has tons of ziplines, but they are set in the most useful places only!

Desmond Sequences- Okay, you hate it! But it has its reasons on why it's like this. The sequences are about Ezio remembering his past and what he regrets in his past. Desmond is opening the blocked passages within his mind to uncover and restore his mind since his mind is very unstable(The Animus keeps Desmond stable). The Animus is keeping him stable while he has to go within his own shattered memories to re-piece those fragments! The Animus is also in a cautious state and in safe mode, so he has to fight against the Animus to restore his mind. Playing these sequences in third person doesn't make sense.

Okay now for the reason of the title Assassin's Creed: Revelations, this game actually does reveals a LOT!!! Reflect on the title of this forum and you'll realize that you are sadly mistaken. Now on to the things I can think of that were explained and revealed and also shown.

In ACR, the vague ending of ACB where we think if Lucy is dead or not, ACR reveals what happened to Lucy. If you stuck around long enough after a certain sequence, you will hear Shaun saying that they BURIED Lucy in small cemetery in Rome. So yes, people, Lucy is dead!

Onto the AC moto of "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted" was explained thoroughly by Ezio on Sequence 9 where Sofia and him walk up to the Masyaf Castle.

Now, if you are wondering what happened to subject 16, if you listen to what he says after Sequence 7 where he says "...Scheduled for Deletion!" Sixteen grabs hold of Desmond and tries to carry him or move him back away. He tells Desmond to go into the gate or the Synch Nexus! So, during the Animus Island Deletion, Sixteen is deleted from the Animus. He sacrifices himself to save Desmond from being deleted.

Well, in ACR, they show that Altair's apple is not Ezio's. That's one Revelation, because we thought it was Altair's in ACII.

The wife of Ezio, as we know now, is Sofia(Forgot her last name). In ACR, they show who Ezio's last love interest is and how she became involved within the Assassins.

The ending of ACR: Jupitor states that him, Juno, and Minerva, tried to save their civilization by conducting in an experiment that was transported to the central vault, but they were too late and the Solar Flare destroyed their civilization. At the end, Desmond, Rebecca, Shaun, and Desmond's Father, arrive at the central vault where Desmonds hand glows a blue light. If you are wondering about the special effect at the end of the game where the camera zooms into the cave, it shows us that the Central has activated.

The Altair sequences: Reveals the Fall of the Assassin Order and the Rise of it. But also, it reveals the death of Altair's wife, Maria Thorpe. It also reveals how the five keys ended up in Constantinople by Marco. And also, the fall of Masyaf and why it was abandoned. Most importantly, the last moments of Altair's life at the age of 92 and his nemesis, Abbas, who overtook the order from Altair and how Altair's wisdom took back the Order. The Altair Sequences weren't meant to be all fun and stuff but to show Altair's wisdom and why Ezio sought for that wisdom.

They reveal that Ezio was always a messenger(It was revealed in AC2, but ACR gives greater depth into it). That the answers that Altair and Ezio sought cannot be answered within their lifetime, such as their involvement with the relics and the first people, that Desmond would be the one to answer them.(Not much of a revelation, but it's something to think about).

And finally, they revealed how Ezio knew about the vault or the Ancient Library under Masyaf(A minor revelation, but it clears the whole reason on why he searches for truth and wisdom).

These are my opinions, but I really thought in-depth about it!

PSN ID: phoenix-force411

mustash
12-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Hang on a minute mate, people have different opinions, they don't need to think and analyse their own opinions because YOU think they are the wrong ones. If your post is meant to be a clarification of some kind, it's not particularly necessary.

*edited to remove quote*

rileypoole1234
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
You didn't really need to quote the whole bleeding thing again mate.

mustash
12-14-2011, 07:38 PM
*cough* Good point

Bipolar Matt
12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
I mostly agree with you Josh. Personally, if I find a flaw with the game (and they are there), I try to phrase it in a constructive way and sandwich it between some good stuff. It's the same way I deal with people in my department at work.

I disagree with you, however, in that the title of Revelations is a bit of a misnomer. I was actually greatly disappointed that we got no answers to 16's diatribe in Brotherhood (see my thread below). That was not cool, I didn't think, and that's probably my harshest criticism of the game.

I'm bringing this up because I do care about the series. It's probably my favorite of this (or maybe any) generation, and I've been gaming since the late 80s. Assassin's Creed has provided me many hours of entertainment and a good story, and I couldn't consider myself a loyal fan if I didn't bring helpful critiques forth when I feel it is needed.

phoenix-force411
12-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
I mostly agree with you Josh. Personally, if I find a flaw with the game (and they are there), I try to phrase it in a constructive way and sandwich it between some good stuff. It's the same way I deal with people in my department at work.

I disagree with you, however, in that the title of Revelations is a bit of a misnomer. I was actually greatly disappointed that we got no answers to 16's diatribe in Brotherhood (see my thread below). That was not cool, I didn't think, and that's probably my harshest criticism of the game.

I'm bringing this up because I do care about the series. It's probably my favorite of this (or maybe any) generation, and I've been gaming since the late 80s. Assassin's Creed has provided me many hours of entertainment and a good story, and I couldn't consider myself a loyal fan if I didn't bring helpful critiques forth when I feel it is needed.

Yes, I can agree with you on the part when he was talking to Desmond through the simulation after decrypting the 10 puzzles. I knew that the when he said find me in the darkness was the meaning of finding him in the Safe Mode(Black Room). But the rest is vague and not revealed just yet, but Amancio did say it would not answer everything, but leave you with more answers and less questions. Apparently, we still do have questions.

phoenix-force411
12-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:

And yes, I do care a lot about this series! This series was actually attracting to me during the first game and I have been die-hard fan ever since. And yes, I do like to make good things out of criticisms, because some people like to judge pretty fast! With that said, these are just sequels within a sequel now that we know ACII is finally over after Revelations. Next year will be the game about Desmond! I'm pretty sure Ubi has already started working on that already before ACR released. I hope Desmond's story ends well. There are some hints that the next game will be in Egypt.

ProdiGurl
12-15-2011, 03:48 AM
I'll say it again, people are reading their own interpretation of "Revelations" into what they want answered, not what Ezio (who's life it's all about and closing out) wanted answered to him.

It's hard for me to believe that the Writers of AC would make a Revelation title to add in all the answers and then FORGET to add the Revelations that their fans are seeking.

Is it an error on their part? Or are we misinterpreting what they were doing or meaning?

If they're that incompetent & absent-minded, please get new writers who can follow the story & whole point of "Revelations".

Since I find that inconceivable, I have to opt that it's the fans who are seeking things the Writers never intended on offering.