PDA

View Full Version : Promoted to Error

Foehammer-1
08-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Like Tuddley asked, I was promoted to SH3 Cmdr Error after the last patrol. I "ahem" tried to modify the mod.. I deleted things i had a feeling i didnt need.. and it screwed up all ranks and medals. But i did succeed in returning tankers to their normal tonnage, since they seemed to drop about 2000 tons. I uninstalled the mod now, and yes, i did get promoted. I think.

Foehammer-1
08-22-2006, 07:43 PM
Like Tuddley asked, I was promoted to SH3 Cmdr Error after the last patrol. I "ahem" tried to modify the mod.. I deleted things i had a feeling i didnt need.. and it screwed up all ranks and medals. But i did succeed in returning tankers to their normal tonnage, since they seemed to drop about 2000 tons. I uninstalled the mod now, and yes, i did get promoted. I think.

Bootsmann0815
08-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Yes, modding mods is a risky business. May I add another health warning: SHIII Commander 2.6. says you can alter the U-boat availability file to make boats available at diffeent times. I stuck to the instructions (I think), but then all sorts of strange things happened - promoted to Oberleutnant twice in the same career, a VIIC/41 with a IIA tower, and - my favourite - forced transfer to 1st flottilla after completing the first patrol of the career, though the career proceeded normally thereafter. This happened twice in two different careers, first in 1939 from 7th to 1st, and again in 41 from 29th to 1st (La Spezia to Brest). The Patrol Grid in Cdr said 0 but after I changed it manually in Cdr, in the game, at the start of the patrol, I still got the "New base: Brest" pop-up. Never mind, I regard the reverse Gibraltar breakthrough as my finest hour to date, despite low patrol tonnage.