PDA

View Full Version : La5 Tracer?

No3 Spit
10-24-2005, 10:21 PM
S!

Flying the La 5 I get very few tracer rounds or smoke trails in fact I get lots of spent cases but very few projectiles?

I confess to not flying this type for a very long time so not sure if its supposed to be normal or not?

Anyone else getting the same thing. I remember the guns always used to fire a bit low, but I can't recall not being able to see the rounds at all, it almost as if there aren't any projectiles visable??

S! Spit

No3 Spit
10-24-2005, 10:21 PM
S!

Flying the La 5 I get very few tracer rounds or smoke trails in fact I get lots of spent cases but very few projectiles?

I confess to not flying this type for a very long time so not sure if its supposed to be normal or not?

Anyone else getting the same thing. I remember the guns always used to fire a bit low, but I can't recall not being able to see the rounds at all, it almost as if there aren't any projectiles visable??

S! Spit

VW-IceFire
10-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Well you've noticed what lots of us have already seen...

Its not just a La5 thing. All ShVAK 20mm cannons have got less tracer rounds in their belting since 4.01 was introduced. Why this is I don't know...thats when I noticed the change.

Fear not as the numbers of bullets are still present its just that there are less tracers to be seen. You are probably well aware but the tracers comprise only a small portion of the total number of bullets being fired at the target.

If you're looking for a 20mm cannon with lots of tracers you have two options. The German MG151/20 spews quite a few tracers...and the Soviet B-20 cannon which is on the La-73xB20 and Yak-3P. Lots of tracers there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif