PDA

View Full Version : About the Campaign

AirbusA340-300
09-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Just got the game 2 days ago(its the best ww2 game i have ever played, it rocks) and i was wondering do u have to unlock campaigns or are the ones listed at the beggining the only ones? because it only has like russian, german, polish, finnland, and some others. are ther and USA campaigns or British campaigns?
adam

AirbusA340-300
09-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Just got the game 2 days ago(its the best ww2 game i have ever played, it rocks) and i was wondering do u have to unlock campaigns or are the ones listed at the beggining the only ones? because it only has like russian, german, polish, finnland, and some others. are ther and USA campaigns or British campaigns?
adam

xxcurarexx
09-25-2004, 05:45 PM
You can download some good campaigns for the americans and british. I recommend ' Two little duckies' for american and 'blue' for british.

Von_Zero
09-25-2004, 05:54 PM
First: Wellcome!
Second:u don't unlock anything here,.... this is a sim, not some kind of NFS...
the listed campaigns are for: Germany, Romania, Finland, Russia, Hungary, Slovakia, France (well, only Normandie-Niemen), Poland
For british and Us campaigns, get a prog. called DCG (can't find the link atm,maybe someone else does). Each of the countries listed before has several campaigns, for fighter, bombers, etc..., that can start from different dates.
Third: (this is by no mean an offense, just simply an advice to prevent a well known phenomenon around) When flying german planes, if you only see a part of the crosshair on the gunsight press Shift+F1, or whatever key u binded for "toogle gunsight".
Have Fun! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

AirbusA340-300
09-25-2004, 06:07 PM
1 more question, is it me or do the Yak plane lack a heading indicator?
adam

Tully__
09-25-2004, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AirbusA340-300:
1 more question, is it me or do the Yak plane lack a heading indicator?
adam <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> They have one but it's mostly hidden (behind the bottom of the gunsight on the Yaks IIRC). When you start a campaign, leave the "No Speedbar" difficulty setting turned off, this will allow you to have speed, altitude & heading information in red text in the bottom left corner of the screen. If you find this too ugly, there's a control you can assign in the controls screen to toggle it off except when you need the heading info.

Remember to set this difficulty setting before you start the campaign, once it's started you can't change the difficulty settings for that campaign.

Chuck_Older
09-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Airbus-
one thing not made clear in the manual is that the planes listed at the beginning of each campaign aren't nessecarily the only ones you can fly. Often, there is a pull-down menu for time and aircraft within a campaign, but it's not immediately obvious.

MK222
09-25-2004, 11:00 PM
You can get Battle over Europe from just flight. it's a full blown USA campaign over western europe. I play it exclusively. it's a great, great add on. it only took 5 days to get to me after order.

You can also experiment with DCG (Dynamic campaign genrator) it's an awesome application and let's you play just about any theater in ww2.

Mk2aw