PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Fast! Dvd drive problem

IZT
11-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Ok so i used to have a cd drive, so today i bought a DVD rom drive(read only) and i replace the cd rom drive with the dvd rom drive using all the same connections I use win 2000 by the way. however when i start up windows does not seem to detect the dvd rom drive. i tried to install drivers but i cannot select the new drive because it is not detected. please Help? Im quite sure that the drive is NOT faulty

IZT
11-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Ok so i used to have a cd drive, so today i bought a DVD rom drive(read only) and i replace the cd rom drive with the dvd rom drive using all the same connections I use win 2000 by the way. however when i start up windows does not seem to detect the dvd rom drive. i tried to install drivers but i cannot select the new drive because it is not detected. please Help? Im quite sure that the drive is NOT faulty

Cajun76
11-20-2004, 06:07 AM
What about jumpers for master and slave? Also, "Add New hardware" (I think that's in Win 2000, been awhile since I used it) should be in control panel. That might help.

Check your BIOS too, you may need to select DVD drive in your setup. Hope this helps, good luck and

MaxMhz
11-20-2004, 12:58 PM
You should not need drivers if you substituted the dvd-drive in place of the old cd-rom drive.

Try if the door will open (before windows start-up press eject) that way you'll know the device at least works somewhat...

Disconnect and re-connect the IDE cable too (with system turned off ofcause).

If the system doesn't detect the new drive, try - Control Panel - Add new Hardware.

If that doesn't work, return it ...