PDA

View Full Version : Lets share theories :)

DeViLsMiraGe
04-23-2007, 02:44 PM
After looking on other forums , i found some interesting theories about Assassins creed , how about you all tell me what you all think of these.. and also add your own .

Randomly watched the Gameplay trailer again, and when altair died, this game over screen comes up where Jade Raymond says "I can't talk about whats on the screen behind me". To me this game over screen looks pretty futuristic, and that woman standing on the other side of what seems to be a visor, looks like a scientist of some sort.

EDIT: Image is out of date!! see my post - Rick.

well some stupid blonde released more details, so this is my theory now based upon the info she gave. and yes, i know most of it is what she said.

theory: modern day gene-work has found that memory is passed through generations via their genes.
company does a gene-test on some person, finds the memory of this 'assassin'.
now i think the actual gameplay will be effectively completing the actions of that memory
thus, if you (playing as altair in the 'memory') die, but Altair did not actually die then, we will be told that that isnt how it happened, and to try and access the memories again.

so my theory will not actually change the past, but rather allow you to create the story details of this memory, provided nothing drastic changes (you die or fail in a mission).

whattaya think?

- so What do you think ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

DeViLsMiraGe
04-23-2007, 02:44 PM
After looking on other forums , i found some interesting theories about Assassins creed , how about you all tell me what you all think of these.. and also add your own .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Randomly watched the Gameplay trailer again, and when altair died, this game over screen comes up where Jade Raymond says "I can't talk about whats on the screen behind me". To me this game over screen looks pretty futuristic, and that woman standing on the other side of what seems to be a visor, looks like a scientist of some sort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

EDIT: Image is out of date!! see my post - Rick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well some stupid blonde released more details, so this is my theory now based upon the info she gave. and yes, i know most of it is what she said.

theory: modern day gene-work has found that memory is passed through generations via their genes.
company does a gene-test on some person, finds the memory of this 'assassin'.
now i think the actual gameplay will be effectively completing the actions of that memory
thus, if you (playing as altair in the 'memory') die, but Altair did not actually die then, we will be told that that isnt how it happened, and to try and access the memories again.

so my theory will not actually change the past, but rather allow you to create the story details of this memory, provided nothing drastic changes (you die or fail in a mission).

whattaya think?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

- so What do you think ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Boromir323
04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
hmmm well your theories are good but i have reason to believe that Saladin will die in the game, thus contradicting history, so i think you will change the past. Im also predicting that there will be some major conection between the Templers, the people you assassinate, and whats going on today...im not sure what it is though...

DeViLsMiraGe
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boromir323:
hmmm well your theories are good but i have reason to believe that Saladin will die in the game, thus contradicting history, so i think you will change the past. Im also predicting that there will be some major conection between the Templers, the people you assassinate, and whats going on today...im not sure what it is though... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh the theories are good but i would just like to point out -- <span class="ev_code_RED">THAT I DIDNT WRITE THEM</span> i found them on another forum , i just wanted to make hat clear , cause i wouldnt want to steal the glory from someone elses theorie .. but other than that , they are pretty fascinating..

and heres also a something else i found that suports these theories on IGN ,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> it seems as though the medieval action title isn't exactly what it seems. Looks like there's more of a sci-fi twist to the game than we initially thought. In an interview with IGN TV, Kristen Bell, the star of Veronica Mars explains her connection to the upcoming game. She also reveals the sci-fi premise behind the game: "It's actually really interesting to me. It's sort of based on the research that's sort of happening now, about the fact that your genes might be able to hold memory. And you could argue semantics and say it's instinct, but how does a baby bird know to eat a worm, as opposed to a cockroach, if its parents don't show it? And it's about this science company trying to, Matrix-style, go into peoples brains and find out an ancestor who used to be an assassin, and sort of locate who that person is." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and heres something also interesting.. sorry if the pictures are oo big , but have a close look ... hmmmmm

the bar on teh corner looks pretty futuristic , and the shape on teh bottom of the bar might be the company logo for this so called '' research'' company doing stuff with gene

Image is out of date!! see my post later in this thread. - Rick.

and this is even better .. look .

DeViLsMiraGe
04-23-2007, 03:37 PM
if those picture were posted here before .. please let me no...

Boromir323
04-23-2007, 06:40 PM
yeah i agree with you theres deffinittly some futuristic element. I was thinking if mabye they were trying to make some comparison with assassins today or something and with %10 of the game taking place in the future/present, mabye it has something to do with Iraq?

ryukoken69
04-23-2007, 06:53 PM
MAYBE it will be some sort of a way to tie in a second game set in more modern ages...
like 1800's in london and france... or such.
just a thought.

Boromir323
04-23-2007, 06:56 PM
no trust me it part of the series WILL have a futuristic setting

"This is the first game in a franchise of similar games. Jade Raymond has stated that this game will be part of a trilogy and one of both of the next games will have a futuristic setting."

thats from the known facts section.

ryukoken69
04-23-2007, 11:07 PM
I am just saying that as a theory. you never know how they might link a sequeal to it.

noobfun
04-24-2007, 12:23 AM
sorry to be a neg but ..... didnt we know all this anyway? and had several threads about genetic memory and the sci-fi element ...? i even remeber the logo being discused

King32Gofather
04-24-2007, 12:31 AM
hey nice theories they seem very interesting.,.,

now does this theory of not actually been the assassin but been the decendent of one mean that we will be abble to control this person in there present or future time...and maybe this means that that person is an assassin as well so maybe the sequals spoken of are about this person.,.,.,.,.,.

you'll see in the picture at the top it says ANIMUS-MEMORIES
ANIMUS-OPTIONS etc:
does anyone know wat an animus is???...
well it is an object or image of a man (usually muscullar)created by the females subconcious...this image is often pictured in the dreams of women and are designed to lead them through their subconcious to an inevidable goal,aim or for a particular purpose

now take that put it into a game about assassination and accessing past memories through someones genes and tell me wat it means???

There is no doubt in my mind that the game will be fantastic but this talk of futuritic style assassination wit guns and **** is getting me even more excited.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

DeViLsMiraGe
04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by King32Gofather:

does anyone know wat an animus is???...
well it is an object or image of a man (usually muscullar)created by the females subconcious...this image is often pictured in the dreams of women and are designed to lead them through their subconcious to an inevidable goal,aim or for a particular purpose

now take that put it into a game about assassination and accessing past memories through someones genes and tell me wat it means???

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow... thanks for that , i was wondering what it meant

Phreaky_McGeek
04-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Animus is actually Latin for soul or memories (all known facts thread, people!) which would make much more sense than muscular men.

And those screenies look fake to me, there's so many mistakes. Of course they might just have poor English speakers doing the menus but someone would have noticed...

DeViLsMiraGe
04-24-2007, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
Animus is actually Latin for soul or memories (all known facts thread, people!) which would make much more sense than muscular men.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

.... yh , they do look shifty dont they ... Still .. you never know.

---- and if dat IS what animus means .... that will support the theories wont they Hmmm http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

MTXteerling
04-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Do these pictures strike no one (except Phreaky_McGeek) as odd? I personally think those pictures are pretty damn fake. There are multiple spelling mistakes. For instance they misspelled settings and acces.
Also, on the first picture, the a,b,x,y buttons desplay completely non-context related actions. The fact that they show what can be done with the according buttons shows that there are multiple uses for the buttons depending on the current situation/context. These buttons are displaying actions that are completely obsolete while on a horse. (How would you crouch while on a horse and what does 'calm' mean?)
The thing that strikes me most is that this picture already exists WITHOUT the HUD.
All this leads me to think that this is an imitation made by either a fraud or a wishfull thinker.

DeViLsMiraGe
04-24-2007, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MTXteerling:
Do these pictures strike no one (except Phreaky_McGeek) as odd? I personally think those pictures are pretty damn fake. There are multiple spelling mistakes. For instance they misspelled settings and acces.
Also, on the first picture, the a,b,x,y buttons desplay completely non-context related actions. The fact that they show what can be done with the according buttons shows that there are multiple uses for the buttons depending on the current situation/context. These buttons are displaying actions that are completely obsolete while on a horse. (How would you crouch while on a horse and what does 'calm' mean?)
The thing that strikes me most is that this picture already exists WITHOUT the HUD.
All this leads me to think that this is an imitation made by either a fraud or a wishfull thinker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh i egt you ... but wen u say calm.... ,. lemme giv you an example... your gettin chased the horse is jumping about ... so you ' calm' it... or remember in teh game play video .. the horse lifts it 2 front lgs up , and doe 1 of them horsey noises.. lol ... that could be intimidate....

and also you do know horses can crouch , it makes it easier for teh rider to get off... im not sticken up for these pcitures or nothing they do look pretty dodgy , but still... just saying..

andy276
04-24-2007, 12:29 PM
You know what's also weird about the screen? That it says A-confirm and B-back, even though the game is supposed to come out only for PS3 first (which doesn't have letters for buttons)!

MTXteerling
04-24-2007, 12:33 PM
I've considered those options, but I really still don't see the crouching feature as a logical choice. As you point out, crouching <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> makes it easier for teh rider to get off, </div></BLOCKQUOTE> but still, wouldn't they have altair getting off all cool and stuff. Crouching would be pretty superfloues action. That spot would be much better spent on, oh say, getting off. None of the buttons say 'get off' or 'dismount' or anything. You'd think they'd put that in, instead of 'get of like a girl'.
But that's just me.

p.s. They'd probably make the 'calm' feature as you interpreted it automatical. They'd probably make the horse calm on its own. These spots would be better spent on for instance: attack while on horse, stand on back of horse, dismount and leap.

DeViLsMiraGe
04-24-2007, 12:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy276:
You know what's also weird about the screen? That it says A-confirm and B-back, even though the game is supposed to come out only for PS3 first (which doesn't have letters for buttons)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>.................. just to let you know here coming out at the same time , ps3 and 360.. am i right people ? well thats what ive read.

MTXteerling
04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
^ you are correct.

DeViLsMiraGe
04-24-2007, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MTXteerling:
^ you are correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Good Good.... so anyone else have any other theories ?

Boromir323
04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Saladin will die!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

noobfun
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boromir323:
Saladin will die!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

..... o wait no im not, but he is stupid ...

saladin isnt going to die, richard the lionheart isnt going to die ... only people that died in 1191 get to be assassinated .. well them and the numerous civillains/guards you may slaughter on your merry travels

Boromir323
04-24-2007, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noobfun:
Saladin will die!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

..... o wait no im not, but he is stupid ...

saladin isnt going to die, richard the lionheart isnt going to die ... only people that died in 1191 get to be assassinated .. well them and the numerous civillains/guards you may slaughter on your merry travels </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
i suggest you watch this video

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=499

i dont know, mabye i am just stupid but i would doubt Patrice would have made such an obvious implication if it wasnt at least an option for the player...but like i said, mabye im just stupid. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

DeViLsMiraGe
04-24-2007, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'' assassins tried to kill saladin so many times , but they could never do it , in this game maybe you will.... i wont say too much '' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh course you havent said anything at all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Boromir323
04-24-2007, 02:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeViLsMiraGe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'' assassins tried to kill saladin so many times , but they could never do it , in this game maybe you will.... i wont say too much '' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh course you havent said anything at all http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

Ubi_Rickas
04-25-2007, 06:07 AM
Sadly the images posted are infact out of date. They do not represent the final game. With that said as soon as new screenshots appear I will make sure I let everyone here know about them,

Thanks!

-Rick

noobfun
04-25-2007, 07:12 AM

i dont know, mabye i am just stupid but i would doubt Patrice would have made such an obvious implication if it wasnt at least an option for the player...but like i said, mabye im just stupid. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

okies brief history lesson time .. again

the nizari attempted to assassinate saladin on 2 occassions ... not exactly many

"the assassins disappeard just like the templars"

no the templars were slaughtered as heretics becasue the french king owed them a great deal of money and they had almost as much power in france as he did, so he got the pope to declaire them heretics (pretty much all the ruling class of europe were worried about the amount of power they held including the vatican so it was an easy way to get rid of a possible threat)

the nizari were attacked and destroyed by the mongols, the survivors were forced to flee throughout the rest of the muslim world and intergrate into normal society, nizari muslimism was changed to fit the current muslim beliefs and is still around today

so no one just disappeared

'masayef the main home of the assassins'

no that would be alamut(iran) which was the spiritual home of all the nizari, even the syrian nizari kapf was where sinan(head of the syrian nizari during game time) spent most of his time so this would be the syrian nizari capitol not masayef

'nothing is true everythings permited, they thought the world was an illusion so you could train your self to see the illusion and use it'

wrong wrong wrong, the nizari beleived they had gone through the reserection, an religeous evolution (they had kinda already gone to heaven in thier minds) so anything that was against god couldnt really exist (none nizari muslims, christians etc) everything is allowed because they wernt people they were illusions and to kill them would really just send them back to the nothing they came from

now go check the dev diary .... and jade says (besides all the junk about bieng hashassin) 'the historical figures you take out <span class="ev_code_RED">all died in 1191</span>, maybe not killed by assassins but they could have been'

well saladin died after 1191 so .. as she says deffinatley and patrice says maybe then ill go with jade

Boromir323
04-25-2007, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by noobfun:

i dont know, mabye i am just stupid but i would doubt Patrice would have made such an obvious implication if it wasnt at least an option for the player...but like i said, mabye im just stupid. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the nizari attempted to assassinate saladin on 2 occassions ... not exactly many

no the templars were slaughtered as heretics becasue the french king owed them a great deal of money and they had almost as much power in france as he did, so he got the pope to declaire them heretics (pretty much all the ruling class of europe were worried about the amount of power they held including the vatican so it was an easy way to get rid of a possible threat)

the nizari were attacked and destroyed by the mongols, the survivors were forced to flee throughout the rest of the muslim world and intergrate into normal society, nizari muslimism was changed to fit the current muslim beliefs and is still around today

no that would be alamut(iran) which was the spiritual home of all the nizari, even the syrian nizari kapf was where sinan(head of the syrian nizari during game time) spent most of his time so this would be the syrian nizari capitol not masayef

'nothing is true everythings permited, they thought the world was an illusion so you could train your self to see the illusion and use it'

wrong wrong wrong, the nizari beleived they had gone through the reserection, an religeous evolution (they had kinda already gone to heaven in thier minds) so anything that was against god couldnt really exist (none nizari muslims, christians etc) everything is allowed because they wernt people they were illusions and to kill them would really just send them back to the nothing they came from

now go check the dev diary .... and jade says (besides all the junk about bieng hashassin) 'the historical figures you take out <span class="ev_code_RED">all died in 1191</span>, maybe not killed by assassins but they could have been'

well saladin died after 1191 so .. as she says deffinatley and patrice says maybe then ill go with jade </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok yeah so its not likely but its still my theory and im convinced Altair will be able to kill Saladin

DeViLsMiraGe
04-25-2007, 02:23 PM

well saladin died after 1191 so .. as she says deffinatley and patrice says maybe then ill go with jade </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you for this little hisory lesson http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

assassin1994
04-25-2007, 02:28 PM
he's gud at the luking up the type of things that many people cant be a**ed doin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DeViLsMiraGe
04-25-2007, 02:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ubi_Rickas:
Sadly the images posted are infact out of date. They do not represent the final game. With that said as soon as new screenshots appear I will make sure I let everyone here know about them,

Thanks!

-Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yay ! so ubi does visit the forum ... look sum1 with ubi ! ^ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

noobfun
04-25-2007, 03:37 PM

ok yeah so its not likely but its still my theory and im convinced Altair will be able to kill Saladin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok the nizari want to end the war (in the game anyway)

killing saladin wouldnt do that, it would make the situation far worse

saladin ruled large chunks of the muslim world, this power base gave him the troops to gain several small victories, on the back of these victories he was able to convinvce the other cliphrates and muslim rulers to join him and put thier troops at his command

he was then able to attack and take many citys and fortresses from the crusaders damascus and jerusalem being the ones the game is interested in

should saladin die the united arab army would disintergrate back in to thier own small armies allowing the crusaders to face many small armies then a couple of really big ones

the crusaders would then retake jerusalem damascus and pretty much run riot past the holy land into the arab nations and slaughter all muslims as it went

if you want to end a war and save the general populos from distress then you dont put them infront of a ramapging army that is certain to masacre them with no way to protect them selves

killing richard the lionheart probabily wouldnt have the same effect, the european armies had thier own comander who then planned with the comander of any other crusader armies taking place in the battle

FableB
04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm here to talk about another theory, the theory which the game is all about, in an interview I just read - which was just posted by a fellow member - they were talking about Altair and how in time he'll find that the crusade is actually a cover for something else, and it just came to me that this same thing was mentioned in The DaVinci Code, that the crusade is actually an operation to find the proof that Jesus has a bloodline and protect his descendent.

That CAN have something to do with the future, what say you? Do you think this CAN be the twist? And how is it going to play a part in the future?

Boromir323
04-25-2007, 04:22 PM

ok yeah so its not likely but its still my theory and im convinced Altair will be able to kill Saladin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok the nizari want to end the war (in the game anyway)

killing saladin wouldnt do that, it would make the situation far worse

saladin ruled large chunks of the muslim world, this power base gave him the troops to gain several small victories, on the back of these victories he was able to convinvce the other cliphrates and muslim rulers to join him and put thier troops at his command

he was then able to attack and take many citys and fortresses from the crusaders damascus and jerusalem being the ones the game is interested in

should saladin die the united arab army would disintergrate back in to thier own small armies allowing the crusaders to face many small armies then a couple of really big ones

the crusaders would then retake jerusalem damascus and pretty much run riot past the holy land into the arab nations and slaughter all muslims as it went

if you want to end a war and save the general populos from distress then you dont put them infront of a ramapging army that is certain to masacre them with no way to protect them selves

killing richard the lionheart probabily wouldnt have the same effect, the european armies had thier own comander who then planned with the comander of any other crusader armies taking place in the battle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...i know, your opinoins are factually superior to mine but im still not changing my mind

Boromir323
04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FableB:
I'm here to talk about another theory, the theory which the game is all about, in an interview I just read - which was just posted by a fellow member - they were talking about Altair and how in time he'll find that the crusade is actually a cover for something else, and it just came to me that this same thing was mentioned in The DaVinci Code, that the crusade is actually an operation to find the proof that Jesus has a bloodline and protect his descendent.

That CAN have something to do with the future, what say you? Do you think this CAN be the twist? And how is it going to play a part in the future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i agree. i think it will have something to do with the conflict in the middle east today.

noobfun
04-26-2007, 05:12 AM
lmao fable's turned to the dark side, youve been talking to XxKillabytexX to much lol

FableB
04-26-2007, 05:37 AM
Ehm, what? &gt;_&gt;

DeViLsMiraGe
04-26-2007, 08:26 AM
lol .. yh either i dont know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif or dat was as random as !

noobfun
04-26-2007, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeViLsMiraGe:
lol .. yh either i dont know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif or dat was as random as ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

killabyte started a couple of threads a while ago about the possability of the whole dan brown **** turning up or altair being part of some hidden blood line

DeViLsMiraGe
04-26-2007, 09:15 AM
looooool , ooo ryt i get u now.. lol..

FableB
04-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Ahh yeah now I remember! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

No no no, I wasn't saying that Altair IS the descendent, but that he'll find that the crusade was to find that descendent or at least a proof of his/her existence, so you know how this whole thing is sensitive so that maybe in the future part of the game wars were going because of that...

Not quite charming and doesn't make alot of sense, But...

DeViLsMiraGe
04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FableB:
Ahh yeah now I remember! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

No no no, I wasn't saying that Altair IS the descendent, but that he'll find that the crusade was to find that descendent or at least a proof of his/her existence, so you know how this whole thing is sensitive so that maybe in the future part of the game wars were going because of that...

Not quite charming and doesn't make alot of sense, But... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif ....... lol.. yh the new '' details'' hasnt really said anything significant has it .. we knew all that stuff before.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

hincks1
04-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, Ubisoft has been saying there's a SciFi twist, so I think that the guy in the future(supposedly a descendant of Altair) will go back in time and be able to assassinate Saladin, and change the past, thus changing the descendant of Altair's time, preventing something from happening that is a current problem (i.e. terrorism)

---sorry for that incredibly long run on sentence http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

noobfun
04-27-2007, 12:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hincks1:
Well, Ubisoft has been saying there's a SciFi twist, so I think that the guy in the future(supposedly a descendant of Altair) will go back in time and be able to assassinate Saladin, and change the past, thus changing the descendant of Altair's time, preventing something from happening that is a current problem (i.e. terrorism)

---sorry for that incredibly long run on sentence http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why would killing saladin prevent terrorism?

killing the crusaders and getting saladin to invade all of europe whould be a better idea for doing that. saladin showed mercy and compassion to muslims jews and christians. the christians showed the muslims swords in return

years of very poor foreign policy created the numerous threats we face today,
when curious george says he would like to see iran become a decent democratic country theres a big reason the iranians laugh and always do the opposite of what america says

the last democratic goverment it had america got rid of becuase they wouldnt cut them good oil deals and kiss ***. they funded and advised insurgents got the goverment over thrown and stuck a man of thier choosing(same thing they did in iraq with sadam ...) in to power who gave the americans oil for next to nothing, stole millions from the people and ruined large chuncks of the country, a quick revolution later he's gone america lost its oil deals

and since that day they have become evil and terrorists and a threat to peace that we all get to see on the news e.g. they wont do what we say so lets call them names

so erm... you were saying?

Sephirath
04-27-2007, 04:47 AM
I've got idea like that:

When we will climbing on a church tower (for example) then can be something like flashback: *light*, *picture when we are climbing on a skycraper on the e.g. Manhattan*, *light*, place where we was before flashback. Then we can jump down, take our sword and stomp behind the target, then *light*, *picture when we are behind some president in out times*, *light* and again in this style...

This can be pretty good with those roumors from Ubi about future places in next parts of the game...

DeViLsMiraGe
04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sephirath:
I've got idea like that:

When we will climbing on a church tower (for example) then can be something like flashback: *light*, *picture when we are climbing on a skycraper on the e.g. Manhattan*, *light*, place where we was before flashback. Then we can jump down, take our sword and stomp behind the target, then *light*, *picture when we are behind some president in out times*, *light* and again in this style...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

......ooo... interesting... Soundz good , i can see them doing it ... although it would completley chaneg some things of AC ...

FableB
04-27-2007, 01:02 PM
It's funny how everyone wants Saladin dead. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And they didn't say that there will be a sci-fi twist, they said there will be a twist in the game, along with some sci-fi elements...

noobfun
04-27-2007, 01:14 PM
It's funny how everyone wants Saladin dead. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

And they didn't say that there will be a sci-fi twist, they said there will be a twist in the game, along with some sci-fi elements... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know what is it with saladin, maybe they just dont like generals that respect the general populos and other religeons those people may follow

maybe he should have slaughtered all the christians and jews when he invaded a garrison or city like the crusaders did

besides the dodgy flash back isnt really going to work

you cant go roof to roof to roof in a modern city like you could in an old city(well some parts you can but then again large (make that huge parts) you cant) most sky scrapers have large gaps between them for safety reasons

and why kill with a knife, go watch the film shooter to see how a modern day assassin would get around security containment areas. a shooter 1 mile out with a large bore rifle stands more chance then trying to get close enough with a dagger

i know the secret service are a bit ******ed (secret service lol dumb nmae for a well known goverment department) but think they might notice some guy climbing around on a building, they all pull thier guns fire assassins dies and leaves a nice red patch on the floor

santacruz614
05-11-2007, 09:18 PM
it might not happen but could be a pretty cool thing but i hope they dont get to far from the assasin part

tailstriker
05-14-2007, 01:59 AM
and why kill with a knife, go watch the film shooter to see how a modern day assassin would get around security containment areas. a shooter 1 mile out with a large bore rifle stands more chance then trying to get close enough with a dagger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, AC is all about social stealth right? I don't see it being that big a leap to apply that to real life.

Since the president is a political creature he has to do that "meet n greet" handshaking and baby kissing stuff, so just blend into a crowd get in line shake and stab?

In reality, nobody would ever try a shot from a mile out for assassination. Even with bullets we think are "instantaneous" with hitboxes or whatever, a round would still take a few seconds to travel. When you have that many seconds, who knows if he decides to shift his weight a bit or the wind blows.

The secret service has determined that if somebody only wanted to kill the president, and did not care about survival afterwards, it could do nothing to stop the assassination (shake n stab is a good example of things like this). So the shooter would have a better chance of making the assassination and getting away, but a much lower chance of actually making the assassination to begin with.