PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed series

ninjasownu
10-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I have been a huge fan of the series ever since release day and to get ready for brotherhood I beat both Assassins creed and Assassins creed 2. Assassins creed is so much harder and frustrating. The guards notice you most of the time. If you are on a roof top and try to assassinate an archer but he sees you just in time he stops it. You can use both the throwing knives and short sword/dagger at the same time. While playing as Alta´r is was just overall harder.

Now in Assassins creed 2 they took out these things. Guards would almost never stop an assassination even after they saw you. You couldn't hot key the dagger/short sword. In Assassins creed you had up/down/left/right on d-pad to get things. Now I know you had more weapons in AC2 but you should be able to move them around cause left on the d-pad doesn't do anything. Now I know Ezio has more technology but so should the guards thus making it harder. I am hoping in Brotherhood they will fix these things. Anyone agree with me though?

jimbo11235813
10-30-2010, 10:16 AM
I completely agree about the weapons wheel. I still tap the medicine button thinking I'm going for the short blade. To challenge myself, I'm trying to complete the game by only using fists in combat and hidden blade if they haven't noticed me. Combat lasts longer, but requires a bit more skill and luck and targets are harder and more fun to kill.

Nick1021
10-30-2010, 11:13 AM
In AC1 the guards were programmed horribly.
Their is this commander talking to his guards in the middle of the desert with no behind him or around him. I come up to him with my hands clapsed and assassinate him from behind. Then walk away praying and they never suspected me.
But I kill a guard in the middle of town and walk away quite a distance and come back in 5 minutes they will start attacking me if I wasn't praying. And the missions were so annoying(ignoring the fact they were repetitive). I was doing an interrogation mission and I start beating up the guy for info. For some reason every thug in a 10 mile radius also started attacking me even though I didn't even touch them, so I had to kill the thugs making guards come so I killed the guards but then their were unlimited guards and they kept attacking me because I wasn't praying near the dead bodies. So the game makes me go away from the location so the dead bodies dissapear and then restart the mission. I start hitting the guy and the thugs start attacking me again(FOR NO DAMN REASON) so I just take the pain and keep beating the guy. As soon as I get the info and kill him the thugs just stop mid-punch and continue going their way. Such bad programming.
I admit AC2 is easier, but because it's more realistic (even though I could just stab 2 guards behind 2 other guards and they don't even notice me, but that is because Ezio is such a BAMF).

DoomKnight10
10-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
Their is this commander talking to his guards in the middle of the desert with no behind him or around him. I come up to him with my hands clapsed and assassinate him from behind. Then walk away praying and they never suspected me.
But I kill a guard in the middle of town and walk away quite a distance and come back in 5 minutes they will start attacking me if I wasn't praying. And the missions were so annoying(ignoring the fact they were repetitive). I was doing an interrogation mission and I start beating up the guy for info. For some reason every thug in a 10 mile radius also started attacking me even though I didn't even touch them, so I had to kill the thugs making guards come so I killed the guards but then their were unlimited guards and they kept attacking me because I wasn't praying near the dead bodies. So the game makes me go away from the location so the dead bodies dissapear and then restart the mission. I start hitting the guy and the thugs start attacking me again(FOR NO DAMN REASON) so I just take the pain and keep beating the guy. As soon as I get the info and kill him the thugs just stop mid-punch and continue going their way. Such bad programming.
I admit AC2 is easier, but because it's more realistic (even though I could just stab 2 guards behind 2 other guards and they don't even notice me, but that is because Ezio is such a BAMF).

Ya, cause assassinating 2 guards in a patrol of 4, and the 2 left not even noticing is so realistic.

PhiIs1618033
10-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Listen to the animus, next time you go on a interrogation mission! :P "Should you enter a fist fight, guards will not interfere. However, drawing your weapon will turn them hostile." Also, the interrogation instructions say: "Follow your target to a secluded place and beat him until he speaks." This requires some patience, but it really helps.
Thugs can be annoying, though. They start beating you because you are beating up the guy so bad because you're badass like that.

Nick1021
10-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by DoomKnight10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

Ya, cause assassinating 2 guards in a patrol of 4, and the 2 left not even noticing is so realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not perfect but it's more realistic then ac1 and a lot less aggravating. And it can be possible. You walk behind them and kill them silently making no noise. It may take 5 seconds to realize.

Nick1021
10-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
Listen to the animus, next time you go on a interrogation mission! :P "Should you enter a fist fight, guards will not interfere. However, drawing your weapon will turn them hostile." Also, the interrogation instructions say: "Follow your target to a secluded place and beat him until he speaks." This requires some patience, but it really helps.
Thugs can be annoying, though. They start beating you because you are beating up the guy so bad because you're badass like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I always listen to the animus, and it NEVER said that. And if I wait for them to walk to a dark corner some ****** will push me blowing my cover. And it still makes no sense why thugs start fighting you.

DoomKnight10
10-30-2010, 11:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoomKnight10:

Ya, cause assassinating 2 guards in a patrol of 4, and the 2 left not even noticing is so realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not perfect but it's more realistic then ac1 and a lot less aggravating. And it can be possible. You walk behind them and kill them silently making no noise. It may take 5 seconds to realize. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, but they NEVER realise. Ever. They just walk along like nothing happened. And plus, there would be noise, because he doesnt lower them to the ground slowly. There would be tons of noise, just cause of armour. And with the no-armour grunts, there would still be a thud. And dont you think you would notice if your buddy suddenly disapeared while you were walking with him?

Nick1021
10-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by DoomKnight10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoomKnight10:

It's not perfect but it's more realistic then ac1 and a lot less aggravating. And it can be possible. You walk behind them and kill them silently making no noise. It may take 5 seconds to realize. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, but they NEVER realise. Ever. They just walk along like nothing happened. And plus, there would be noise, because he doesnt lower them to the ground slowly. There would be tons of noise, just cause of armour. And with the no-armour grunts, there would still be a thud. And dont you think you would notice if your buddy suddenly disapeared while you were walking with him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's in the city square. Their is a lot of noise from everyone. The blacksmith would be making noises and civilians would be talking, it's hard to realize and they aren't suspicious.

ninjasownu
10-31-2010, 12:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Thugs can be annoying, though. They start beating you because you are beating up the guy so bad because you're badass like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I always listen to the animus, and it NEVER said that. And if I wait for them to walk to a dark corner some ****** will push me blowing my cover. And it still makes no sense why thugs start fighting you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It did say that.