PDA

View Full Version : Option to set Control Surfaces to be visible "on other planes"

Mave_FI
12-30-2004, 04:08 AM
As you all know, you can see your own planes control surfaces turn when manouvering, but for other planes than your own, you only see flaps and "radiator".

Would it be impossible to get an option to set those surfaces visible if your computer could handle it? And would it make too much network traffic for online-gameplay?

I think IRL you could see if the plane in front of you pushes full rudder to some direction.

Just an idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mave_FI
12-30-2004, 04:08 AM
As you all know, you can see your own planes control surfaces turn when manouvering, but for other planes than your own, you only see flaps and "radiator".

Would it be impossible to get an option to set those surfaces visible if your computer could handle it? And would it make too much network traffic for online-gameplay?

I think IRL you could see if the plane in front of you pushes full rudder to some direction.

Just an idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ZG77_Nagual
12-30-2004, 09:18 AM
I can see all other control surfaces on other ac - alerons, elevator, rudders - and see them move with maneuver.

TooCool_12f
12-30-2004, 12:38 PM
if you send data for each move, it will generate much more traffic (all planes, while flying, receive continuous inputs by their pilots), so lag may become a serious issue

Bearcat99
12-30-2004, 06:54 PM
I see what Nag sees....

nares
12-31-2004, 04:33 AM
Mave_FI refers to online game, Nagual surely is thinking of offline game, I would like too to see the moves of the control surfaces,specially because you can guess better the intencionallity of the plane at 12 when you are in close range.
It shouldn't be a problem for lag, if it's only visible with the closest lod, How much planes do you see at same time at less than 100 mtrs? So the info flow shouldnt be too big(specially with a low refresh in the info about the others planes' input.Think of massive multiplayer games like Battle field , where you can see the movement of the pilot heads in the choppers,
The movements of the other player heads is another thing that i would love to see ,specially when reviewing the tracks, to see the pilot looking for other planes, yea.

And just dreaming, with the 6dof in bob,it would be great if they implement visible leaning in the pilot model, heheheh.

It could look very realistic and natural,at least for the player pilot.