PDA

View Full Version : How can I create a one versus one game online?

freakvollder
11-16-2009, 11:03 AM
How can I create a one vs one game in Il2? Is it possible without hyperlobby? A Korean pilot an me would like to play together. How can we make this without joining a il2 server and possibly without hyperlobby?

thank you

greetings

Choctaw111
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, it is possible.
First of all, you need to know your IP address and give that IP address to your opponent.
Next you need to set up a multiplayer game.
Once your MP game is loaded, your opponent types on your IP address and the two of you should be in the same game.
There is a bit more to it than that, but this gives you a very basic idea of what to do.

megalopsuche
11-17-2009, 07:52 AM
It's never worked when a friend and I tried it. Yes, we opened the correct ports.

freakvollder
11-17-2009, 09:08 AM
thanks fore your answers!

Must I type my own IP in the IL2 Setup?

AndyJWest
11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
The basics of how this is done are explained in the manual (Manual.pdf in your IL-2 folder). See the Multiplayer section, you need to create a server yourself, then give your IP to your opponent so he can join you on it. You need to find your external IP address though, which is not necessarily what your PC will tell you it is. The fastest way to find it is probably by using a site like this: http://www.whatismyip.com/. Note that your external IP will probably change every time you start up your PC, so you will need to e-mail it to your friend just before you go online.

The other problem you may have is if your network blocks the ports somewhere. If you have your own ISP account you should be able to fix this, see the relevant server software. Otherwise, you may have to get the network administrator involved: I'm currently trying to sort this out myself for my own benefit...

freakvollder
11-18-2009, 10:09 AM
oh thank you AndyJWest. I will read the manual part. It's sad that one don't know these simple thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ...

thanks ALL

SsSsSsSsSnake
11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
ive done this with about 3 friends way back but cant remember how,must have been how the guys said, but i do remember there were no problems and we connected easily.
we used to do 1v1 in crimson skies via msn messenger.
sssssssnake