PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to alter my deckgun loadout?

Praetorian27
07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Less starshells and more HE?

Goosen83
07-10-2005, 05:22 AM
I havent tried it but after looking in the the basic.cfg file it should be possible to modify the total number of shells, change the loadout or simply give it more shell compartments. It is aprox. 75% down the page. Remember to alter the one in documents and settings as well.

Goosen83
07-10-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Goosen83:
Remember to alter the one in documents and settings as well.

forget that part of it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Der.Adler
07-11-2005, 04:42 PM
I havent tried it but after looking in the the basic.cfg file it should be possible to modify the total number of shells, change the loadout or simply give it more shell compartments. It is aprox. 75% down the page. Remember to alter the one in documents and settings as well.

Have tested and works http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

new loadout =

[AMMO_TYPE1];8.8cm SK C/35
Idx=1
Year=1939
Month=1
AP=40
HE=460
SS=40
Renown=0

This can be found in the basic.cfg file.

Good hunting !

RedTerex
07-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Nice eidting. I dont regard this as a cheat either. A Captain should be allowed to have the choice on how the deck-gun load out is by default.

I may alter the SS ammo by -20 and give +20 more HE as a result of this thread.

cheers.

panthercules
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeha - this one's been around for a while and I've been doing it since way back when (I always keep the total number of shells the same, as opposed to one of the posts above, but I generally reduced SS and AP by 20 each and took 40 extra HE, especially since the SS were borked and always exploded right next to your own boat and so were basically useless before this latest patch).

Now that they've fixed (sort of) the star shells by extending their ignition range to about 1800m, I'll probably go back to the default layout - although it's July 1941 for me now so (between the armed merchants and the reduction in solo merchant sightings) I hardly ever get to use the deck gun on my Type VIIB now anyway

Goosen83
07-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Yes it works fine. But I would recomend changing the starshell store to either AP or HE, not both. The game does not put different ammo types in the same store but adds new ones to the boat. Looks a little funny when you check it out with the WO. Although it does not seem to have any impact I wouldnt take the chance. So my VIIC has 80AP and 160HE and no SS.

Good hunting

panthercules
07-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes it works fine. But I would recomend changing the starshell store to either AP or HE, not both. The game does not put different ammo types in the same store but adds new ones to the boat. Looks a little funny when you check it out with the WO. Although it does not seem to have any impact I wouldnt take the chance. So my VIIC has 80AP and 160HE and no SS.

Good hunting

Hmmm - I must be missing something here - in the stock game/file, the numbers for AP, HE and SS are 40/160/40. When I change these numbers to 20/200/20 (thus keeping the same total number of shells at 240), the game seems to reflect this perfectly in the deck gun view where you select, load and fire the shells - I only fire manually myself, so I've never seen/tried any other views or methods - where does it seem to be screwing up for you?

Blabaer
07-12-2005, 05:50 PM
He means that as you use the weapons officer to look at you current load out and flipp over from the torpedo overview to the deckarmaments overview there are new boxes with ammo next to the normal ones (I think anyway....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)....(I might use this to change my AA loadout as I seem to always have half the 3.7 ammo left after my triggerhappy men have run out of 20 mm....)

panthercules
07-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Ahhh - thanks for the info - I'll have to try to remember to check this next time I'm on board my Type VIIB

GoldenEagle8
07-23-2006, 12:07 PM
wait, where do the SS come from? i personally have never seen them.... is there a way to change what shell is in the gun???

GoldenEagle8
07-23-2006, 12:10 PM
to be honest, I acchually havent seen anything other that HE shells.

blastomatic1759
07-23-2006, 01:12 PM
well starshells are good for one thing , well maybe two things , but one good thing if i wanna take a screenshot at night , i can illuminate my area , and i guess the other good thing about them is that i can burn out the enemys retina. but other than that , theyre pretty much useless, except for small boats like trawlers , and little ones like that. i prefer HE and AP. but your deckgun crew better be quick in '44 , cause you'll be ratted out with a quickness , so you'll have limited time to engage surface contacts , before the 24's show up.

tuddley3
07-23-2006, 08:33 PM
"PZTRAIN" trainer, you can have infinate ammo(not torps), instant reload, and no hull damage.

bog1989
10-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi

I have been looking for the basic.cfg file in the SH3 directory and in docs and settings but I can't find it. I can't seem to find the file named basic.cfg any where could any one pls help me?

please help

MothBalled
10-06-2006, 11:25 AM
There are 3 sections in the basic.cfg that relate to the gun loadouts:

**********Section 1*********

[SUBMARINE_AMMO2]; VIIB <--------section one
Type=1
Version=0
ForeTubes=4
AftTubes=1
ForeResIntern=4
ForeResExtern=1
ForeResExtra=2
AftResIntern=1
AftResExtern=1
ShellSlots=10 <------------This will set the number of ammo boxes you can have:
NbYears=7
Renown=3
SNK_MASK=NSS_Uboattype7_SNK_mask

I don't ever touch this setting because changing it has caused crashes for me before. Mainly because of poor math skills. If you put in to much ammo, it will create too many boxes in the ammo screen and cause the crash.

================================================== =====================================

*********Section 2************

[SUBMARINE_AMMOLIMITS1] ;105mm
MaxAmmoPerSlot=110 <-----sets the number of shells you can have in each box

[SUBMARINE_AMMOLIMITS2] ;88mm
MaxAmmoPerSlot=110<-----sets the number of shells you can have in each box

[SUBMARINE_AMMOLIMITS3] ;37mm
MaxAmmoPerSlot=400<-----sets the number of shells you can have in each box

[SUBMARINE_AMMOLIMITS4] ;20mm
;MaxAmmoPerSlot=1000
MaxAmmoPerSlot=2000<-----sets the number of shells you can have in each box

Notice how the last one was modified to increase each box load to 2000

================================================== =====================================

**************section 3***************

[AMMO_TYPE0];10.5cm SK C/32
Idx=0
Year=1939
Month=1
;AP=40
;HE=60
;SS=20
AP=0 <---------how many shells of that type to load for that particular weapon
HE=110 <---------how many shells of that type to load for that particular weapon
SS=20 <---------how many shells of that type to load for that particular weapon
Renown=0

[AMMO_TYPE1];8.8cm SK C/35
Idx=1
Year=1939
Month=1
;AP=40
;HE=160
;SS=40
AP=0<---------how many shells of that type to load for that particular weapon
HE=220<---------how many shells of that type to load for that particular weapon
SS=20<---------how many shells of that type to load for that particular weapon
Renown=0

[AMMO_TYPE2];3.7cm FK M 42 Twin
Idx=2
Year=1943
Month=12
AP=1600<---------how many shells of that type to load for that particular weapon
AA=2400<---------how many shells of that type to load for that particular weapon
Renown=0

(There are more types than this, I only used a few for an example.)

Again, in the cgf file someone commented out the original load numbers and changed it to a custom load in the 10.5 section.
================================================== =================================

If you are looking to increase you shell counts, just modify section 2 to hold more ammo, modify section 3 to match that amount so it won't create additional boxes.

Example:

MaxAmmoPerSlot=300 <----in section 2
AP=300 <---- in section 3
HE=300 <---- in section 3

To see the amounts, in game go to the "I" screen, then click the little picture of the bullets in the upper right corner of the screen. Or go to the actual weapon and the new numbers will show up there.

Don't try to make a weapon use ammo the game doesn't know it has. For example, don't try to load star shells in the AA guns or AA rounds in the deck guns (been there, crashed that, got the oily tee-shirt).

I hope that was clear enough. Good luck.

MothBalled
10-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Note:

In mesing around, I did find that in the deck guns you can change section 2 to 900 and section 3 to 900 and it works.

For the AA guns, you can go to 9000 safely.

If you want an example to look at, go here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9091085392/m/2181010484