PDA

View Full Version : AC 4 PC Problem: Final Fight bug? [May contain spoilage]

bingojubes
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
after sitting through the unskippable cutscenes, as well as playing the entire end section up to 10 times now, i am having trouble with the last 1v1 battle.

Main Problem: Disappearing Bug/Glitch?
as Mualim attacks, i end up countering with my sword, and counter-killing him, which i think i am supposed to do anyways. however, his body disappears (by way of gold glow and a *POOF*-begone) before i can use my hidden blade on him, and the map marker says hes right in front of me. thus, i cannot advance/finish this section of the game.

i would keep trying, but AC doesnt save after each section of "Home Stretch", which is very annoying. if it saved before the one on one, then at least i could reload more often and figure it out, but it's getting very tedious, and i want to finish it right away.

note: on the boss that turns out to be a woman/decoy for Roberto(?), the same thing happened, but that time the game auto-knifed the decoy after i threw her to the ground. i guess i will try to take a hit or three, and maybe i can just toss him to the ground, like the decoy.

spazzoo1025
04-18-2008, 01:03 PM
uh im not sure how to solve ur problem. i dont think i was able to counter when i faced him

also, change the title to something that doesn't have a spoiler in it...like "AC 4 PC Problem: Last Fight bug? [SPOILERS]"
so it doesnt ruin the game for any1

x_101_
04-18-2008, 01:09 PM
well i finished the game today and after you counter him or counter grab he disappears in a poof of gold and moves to another location in the garden, he goes to the bottom first time he dissapears. (hit him with throwing knives before you go up to him so you get your health back)

js1701d
04-18-2008, 01:17 PM
**** [SPOILER ALERT] ****
Is that you have not beat the game yet because you cannot get past this point? If so, then Al Mualim's disappearing acts are a part of normal gameplay as he is using the piece of eden artifact to teleport around the garden area. You have to go search for him in that area each time he does so and then fight him again. He will do this 4-5 times but then you will be able to assassinate him.

spazzoo1025
04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
ooo righttt piece of eden...
yeah he does

bingojubes
04-18-2008, 04:23 PM
that's why im confused: the gamefaqs guide said that he would reappear a few times, but this is after the first counter/hit. i countered with a punch the last time i tried it, and he never showed up on the map again, and my HUD says hes right under me, but his body isn't on the ground. wouldnt the objective change on my minimap as well?

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/guildie001/BUGGYALMUALIM.jpg

spazzoo1025
04-18-2008, 04:27 PM
dont use the HUD, just run around lookin for him

drego5
04-18-2008, 07:55 PM
And try using Eagle Vision. That might make it easier to notice him.

dacoolstas
04-18-2008, 08:00 PM
instead of using the HUD, click tab and see the map. it should be more accurate. if that does the same just look around for him without the map. and use the eagle vision like drego5 said.

logwood
04-19-2008, 10:06 AM
It's a known trainer problem. The "aSiaN SouND eXPReSS" (or "aSxDoX" in the 1st minimized task window of your screen shot) plus 4 trainer for assassin's creed. Here's the list of options available with this trainer:

F1 ... Full Synchronization
F2 ... Infinite Flying Blade
F3 ... Slient Assassin [on/off]
F4 ... Save Position [Teleport]
F5 ... Load Position [Teleport]
--------------------------------
F6 ... Resume All to Normal
END ... Turn Off Trainer

If you hit F6, he will resume teleporting. When he does, hit F1 then attack him. Once you enable "full synchronization" in the trainer, it causes this "bug" to occur. I think it's poor programming in the part of asx (they're known for not thoroughly testing out their releases). You might want to send the trainer group (asx) an email since it's not a fault in ubi's game but the trainer's:

apply_asxdox@msn.com

Admin, you guys might want to close this thread. I don't think this is officially supported by ubi since they did not make the trainer. And a bug in the trainer is causing the problem. I feel bad for ubi having to support people playing with faulty trainers to cheat through the game.

OnajKojiLeti
04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
[SPOILER]
am i only 1 who got blind by al mualim?

he says somehing like, "ur blind altair like u always have" then my HUD dissapears and everything is white, that i cant see anything.
My friend told me he dont have that problem, only that al mualim teleports himself... i was doing that mission for about hour when i got pissed off so i did counter with hidden blade http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif btw game is best i ever played, can w8 for AC2, and ending is very... hm interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif