PDA

View Full Version : Please Help With Downloading/Installing Missions

drsmith
08-11-2005, 07:01 AM
When I select a single mission from the Missions List, I cannot successfully download and install the mission in order to play it. Could someone please guide me, step-by-step, as to how to accomplish this? I vaguely remember, from the forum on this subject, that the mission needed to be "named" and placed somewhere, but I don't recall the proceedure.

And once installed, does the mission, and sub-missions, appear in the window under the appropriate country in the Single Missions window, or do I need to go to Full Mission Builder and find the Single Mission folder, country and mission? I will get a discription and map of the mission, but when I click "Fly". I get a blue screen and the mission does not play.

I obviously am doing something wrong in the installation of the mission and need acvice as to what exactly I need to do to download/install single missions successfully. Any detailed advice will be much appreciated.

FoolTrottel
08-11-2005, 02:04 PM
When I select a single mission from the Missions List

Could you elaborate on this a bit?
I do not quite get what yer problem is.

As for dowloading missions from like netwings.org or from whatever site, usually it means downloading a zip file, saving it to your harddisk, unzipping it to your the folder where you have installed IL2.
If there's anything special about it, it can be read from a file called readme.txt, it's usually in the zip file ...

Missions should be activated by choosing Single Missions, Campaigns however need to be started from the Pilot Career menu option. (hey, maybe that's the problem? Yer downloading and installing campaigns and try to start them from the Single Mission menu option?)

As I said: I do not quite get what yer problem is.
(And, from the amount of replies I guess there's more ppl that do not understand!)

Have Fun!

jetsetsam
08-11-2005, 09:51 PM
The easiest is when the file is called "Missions". Then you just unzip it into the parent ILSturmovikForgottenBattles file. Sometimes it takes a bit of poking around to find which nationality it has been installed to.

Another easy situation is when it's a coop mission. Unzip the file into the Missions>Net>coop>1,2 or 3 files.

For campaigns, unzip into the Missions>campaigns>nationality file.

For single missions, unzip into the Missions>Single>nationality>plane type file. A few times I've had to create the plane type file to unzip the mission into.

There have been a few single missions that I couldn't figure out what the plane type was so I gave up.