PDA

View Full Version : Visitazione's secret

Vitus78
12-14-2009, 10:43 PM
ok... i'm a casual gamer, but i have been stuck in Visitazione's secret for over 6 hours... and still can't finish it, and can't abort and try it later.... i'm bloody stuck in here....any hints or tricks... i just about ready to mail ubisoft in montreal my AC2 disc broken into tiny peices...
this is the last time i give Ubi my money.

Fenro
12-15-2009, 02:03 AM
There are countles walkthrough videos on youtube, before exploding on Ubisoft try to actualy use the thing called internet... yes the one you are on right now.

OzDavis
12-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Vitus78:
ok... i'm a casual gamer, but i have been stuck in Visitazione's secret for over 6 hours... and still can't finish it, and can't abort and try it later.... i'm bloody stuck in here....any hints or tricks... i just about ready to mail ubisoft in montreal my AC2 disc broken into tiny peices...
this is the last time i give Ubi my money. Hit Pause
Select Abort Memory
Chill out and watch a video walkthrough (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4) online.
Go back to it later.

Hope that helps!

Caran09
12-15-2009, 06:59 AM
just check the walkthrough on mycheats.com

Vitus78
12-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes i know of the videos and the cheats... what i'm ****ed about are the bad camera angles and the inconsistency. Sometime he jumps back, other times up, other times to the left.. and everytime its the same controller movements...
i mean he can balance on the corner of a roof in a fight , but landing on a platform 1-2 feet from the edge and he falls in the water...
i mean seriously...they way they have programmed the game is like... well he can pick up 50lbs... but can't pick up 30lbs....that is what i'm venting about.

denverxt
02-27-2010, 06:17 AM
I'm having the same problem. This section of the game really sucks. I've been stuck for 2 days in this room. After a number of attempts I made it to the very last beam but ran out of time. Since then I haven't been able to get that far again... the moving is inconsistent. Especially at the very first beam, although he's up on the wall and L is pointing towards the right when I press X, he jumps backwards in the water.... time and time again. Sometimes with the same move he manages to get on the beam.

It's very frustrating.. I've been paying a lot of attention on synchronizing the commands and it looks like although I'm using the same commands, I get different behaviour. Is there any way cheat to get to the beam that I haven't managed to activate it yet?

shimpaku
02-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Go through all of the posts/info on this thread.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...408/m/6851023038/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/6851023038/p/1)
Actually, once you get that jump down by practicing it elsewhere besides the tomb and not under any pressure it's quite easy!

Firenze-Paladin
02-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Just be patient and guide your controller properly. Just make sure everything you do is smooth - the pathway is one big loop around the crypt - which I suspect you know by now. I can still get around it with a dodgy controller. You don't need to be going at superfast speed when jumping at right angles. If you stuff up and think you are running out out time just quit and reset the lever, its frustrating but its meant to be a challenge. If you can do San Marco's secret you should be able to get through this. I would think only a very small number f gamers have got through on there first go. I think it took me about 10 tries to get it right.

petter_423
04-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Really, this level is such a game spoiler for the average gamer... I have been over it at least 100 times in 3 days and now totally lost my interest on ACII

JohnConnor2012
04-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, I did it using a PC keyboard, like thousands of others.

All the advice above is good. All I'd add is (1) you can still walk about after the dumb camera locks, so take a second to position Ezio slightly better for those sideways jumps and (2) you go round the back of the penultimate obstacle, not up the front. This stumped me for ages first time through, but you can route-find most of it without having to race the clock.

BTW, why hasn't this been combined with a last thread on exactly this topic?

Meleth1977
04-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by petter_423:
Really, this level is such a game spoiler for the average gamer... I have been over it at least 100 times in 3 days and now totally lost my interest on ACII

I did it on my PC keyboard last night and it actually wasn't that hard once I got the hang of that tricky side jump. I went to another wall and just practiced it for a little while and then attempted the tomb. I don't know what platform you're on but I used my PC keyboard and I found that once Ezio is running up the wall I let go of all keys and then hit D (to jump right) and then the space bar a fraction later (to jump). I had to be quick but not super, super quick, the game does give you about a second to shift your fingers around on the keyboard. Just go practice on a random wall without time pressure and you'll be able to do it in no time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kp0wers
09-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes this tomb is real bs. I've pretty much had a great time until this tomb. Now I'm lucky to get past the first wall jump and can't get past the second. Nice way to wreck the game experince. Can't say that I'll wast money one a sequel.

F.T.G.

rempy
12-18-2010, 09:25 PM
This tomb SUCKS !
ruins the whole game.
How can I get out to continue playing elsewhere?

LaFawn
12-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Vitus78:
this is the last time i give Ubi my money.

Here is a really good video of this area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4

Also my son told me to; Run up the wall, then before you fall towards the ground (and while you're still on the wall) point the left analog stick in the direction you want to go and press X. This has worked great for me no matter what the camera angle.

hoopman722
01-22-2011, 01:46 PM
As an adult casual gamer - this is frustrating. I second what others have said. If I pay $60 to play a game -- make it possible for me to finish the thing so I can get the story line. Give an Easy or very easy setting. This section has ruined the game experience for me as well. Sure there are plenty of 'walk-throughs' to watch. But I didn't grow up playing these console games and don't have hours and hours to hone my hand eye coordination skills with inconsistent control inputs to get it down 'just right'.

This really sucks.

(I created an account just to post this message. Not like anyone cares or reads them).

AnthonyA85
01-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Urgh.....THAT Tomb.....I hated that one most of all. I too am an adult gamer, and I got so frustrated with this tomb, if i hadn't had a friend on skype who also has the PC version who was willing to complete that tomb and collect Altair's Armor for me, I never would have got that armor, and I would have given up trying.

The time limit on that curcuit is just bloody rediculous. The Auditore tomb is just as bad, fortunately, I decided not to even atempt that one.

Sadly, said friend is now an ex-friend, has been for almost a year. I just hope i can manage the chase sequences in those romulus shrines

cptn_k
01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by hoopman722:
As an adult casual gamer - this is frustrating. I second what others have said. If I pay $60 to play a game -- make it possible for me to finish the thing so I can get the story line. Give an Easy or very easy setting. This section has ruined the game experience for me as well. Sure there are plenty of 'walk-throughs' to watch. But I didn't grow up playing these console games and don't have hours and hours to hone my hand eye coordination skills with inconsistent control inputs to get it down 'just right'.

This really sucks.

(I created an account just to post this message. Not like anyone cares or reads them).

Some people do read them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

As most games go, the AC series can be played quite well by non-pro gamers, unlike others where you have to spend stupid amounts of time and have the dexterity of an octopus to get anywhere.

The only real advice I can give is keep practicing. There is no special way or cheat that will help.

It doesn't take too long to get the hang of the game and the various parts within.

I too spent hours on this, and some of the other tombs, but after many many attempts I managed to crack it. It's most rewarding when you do, I recall punching the air several times in joy!

For this particular tomb, it's almost impossible to get round on the first attempt. Mainly because the cut screen animations of the levers and the entrance eat into the overall time.

Attempt to get one lever more each time round, but continue as far as you can, practising the next section.
This way you will get used to the mechanics of the movement and the changing camera angles, which can be tricky at first.

As for the comment about paying $60 and you think they should make the game suitable for you, well I would question that.
In order to fully get the whole AC experience and story line, you have to spend time playing the game and learning the story. If you do not have the time to do this, then I would doubt you will take in everything in the game.

The game was made suitable for the majority, and is not actually that difficult, so to make it any easier and/or suitable for you, it would probably make it unstuitable for most others.

If you want real casual gaming, where you can turn on and just have a go, then AC probably isn't ideal. However, the multi player on AC brotherhood can be played casually.

If you want an original game with a great story, beautiful graphics, which relates to historic events then spend a bit more time with AC, it will be worth it in the end.

(just hope you read this, and it helps somewhat)

AbbeyMaine
03-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by cptn_k:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hoopman722:

This really sucks.

Some people do read them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

As most games go, the AC series can be played quite well by non-pro gamers, unlike others where you have to spend stupid amounts of time and have the dexterity of an octopus to get anywhere.

The only real advice I can give is keep practicing. There is no special way or cheat that will help.

It doesn't take too long to get the hang of the game and the various parts within.

I too spent hours on this, and some of the other tombs, but after many many attempts I managed to crack it. It's most rewarding when you do, I recall punching the air several times in joy!

For this particular tomb, it's almost impossible to get round on the first attempt. Mainly because the cut screen animations of the levers and the entrance eat into the overall time.

Attempt to get one lever more each time round, but continue as far as you can, practising the next section.
This way you will get used to the mechanics of the movement and the changing camera angles, which can be tricky at first.

As for the comment about paying $60 and you think they should make the game suitable for you, well I would question that.
In order to fully get the whole AC experience and story line, you have to spend time playing the game and learning the story. If you do not have the time to do this, then I would doubt you will take in everything in the game.

The game was made suitable for the majority, and is not actually that difficult, so to make it any easier and/or suitable for you, it would probably make it unstuitable for most others.

If you want real casual gaming, where you can turn on and just have a go, then AC probably isn't ideal. However, the multi player on AC brotherhood can be played casually.

If you want an original game with a great story, beautiful graphics, which relates to historic events then spend a bit more time with AC, it will be worth it in the end.

(just hope you read this, and it helps somewhat) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know how you played the game, but it really sucks on a PC keyboard. Not so much the sandbox part, but the tombs with the camera flips and sudden change of keymap controls (W changes to D etc) are maddening. The fact of the matter is that Ubisoft bleeped the migration from console to PC, leaving the PC version wanting a great deal! I managed to do all the tombs except Visitazione's Secret, because of this lame Advanced Jump thing. I can't even do the first one, and instead of wasting 3 days on this, I gave up. Not because the game sucks, but because the CONTROLS suck! And that truly is a shame.

peejaydee
08-31-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm new to this blog and most of the messages are old, but I have to say I agree that there is something really wrong with the game controls here. Next to Uncharted 1 & 2 (they have superior graphics and gameplay) this was my next favourite game until now. I am not a novice player but the response to controls just sucks in this section. Most of the time Ezio leaps back into the water no matter what direction you push(L). Combined with a timing sequence that is so unrealistic considering how mant times Ezio fails to jump or swing successfully, this has to be one of my worst gaming experiences ever. This is not about being patient and practicing, its about Ubisoft making a mistake with game programing. I would like to finish the game, but I'm geting to the point of giving up (first time ever!). It's just too frustrating. I doubt I'll buy Ubisoft again - Uncharted 3 is almost here anyway. Please Ubisoft, take more care next time.

Drfunkenstein57
10-05-2011, 01:35 PM
"I don't know how you played the game, but it really sucks on a PC keyboard. Not so much the sandbox part, but the tombs with the camera flips and sudden change of keymap controls (W changes to D etc) are maddening. The fact of the matter is that Ubisoft bleeped the migration from console to PC, leaving the PC version wanting a great deal! I managed to do all the tombs except Visitazione's Secret, because of this lame Advanced Jump thing. I can't even do the first one, and instead of wasting 3 days on this, I gave up. Not because the game sucks, but because the CONTROLS suck! And that truly is a shame."

I agree with all the above, It is a brilliant game, but these tech-jumps are too twitchy on the PC... Ubisoft, how about a decent patch to sort this issue?

I've done all the tombs but for Vistaziones secret. I am struggling (& often losing patience with it.... Why is the game not designed to save each time you manage to reach a lever? Sometimes I manage to get to 2 levers (horizontal bars) but usually run out of time. After several failed attempts at this, I log off & take a break - when I return to the game I have to start the timed bar routine right from the start - GRRRRRRR, irritating!!! Before anyone says it... YES, I have practised my jumps in a safe, non-stressed location. At least the game should be save options so I can return back to where I left off without losing my progress.

Stop press....I've gone & done it!
I found out that when doing a vertical jump, you need to redirect (in mid-air) the assassin dude just before repressing the jump button. Yep it really works...now feel silly for moaning in the first place http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif I've now completed all the Missions, got all the seals & solved the glyph puzzles - just the feathers to go

64bit PC, 6 core processor, windows 7, controller: gamepad type

zuber416
07-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Pls help.....getting really fed up with this last tomb. Manage to go past 2nd lever and then get stuck. And every time I log off and return to the game I have to start from the beginning. Anyone living in Preston lancs area who could help me with this? I am getting very frustrated with this game.....it would've ashame to not to finish this game.

Kytr
07-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Progress through the dungeon is lost when you leave the memory. After you fail in a run, you can swim back to the start point and run again, with the previously unlocked steps remaining unlocked (saving a few seconds at each stop).

For the most part, the path to take is fairly obvious (the loop around after the 3rd lever is the only place that doesn't apply). Don't be afraid to take time to look and plan your steps for each new section, to pick it up on the next run through. You might also look for a video on youtube -- someone will undoubtedly posted one and that will be more helpful than a text description.

FellWolfMoon_16
02-06-2018, 10:13 AM
I'm at this tomb now also - and while I have wanted to throw my controller. I'm actually getting it. At first I couldn't get him to run up the wall and jump in the direction I wanted him to go ... (He did this again this morning) but I know I will eventually get it. It will be worth it and I still love the game. I just have limited time in the mornings when I get home work to play. So - when something like this happens - I research what I could be doing wrong with the controller. My timing happens to be off and I'm slowing myself down (not to much) to make sure I'm not overloading the controller with commands - which it might thus interpret those commands differently then I intended. I'm also an adult average gamer.