PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Greenman2000
10-25-2009, 05:14 AM
hi,not posted in a while and not really been following assassins creed 2. Loved the fist and a fan of the seris.

Is there going to be any DLC/mulitplayer?
How long is the story?
Have the graphics been tuned down?
as from AC1 they was near perfect locking at screenshots and videos the characters look blockly and near ps2 standard.

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Greenman2000:
hi,not posted in a while and not really been following assassins creed 2. Loved the fist and a fan of the seris.

Is there going to be any DLC/mulitplayer?
How long is the story?
Have the graphics been tuned down?
as from AC1 they was near perfect locking at screenshots and videos the characters look blockly and near ps2 standard.

1. yes there will be dlc but i highly doubt there will be multiplayer
2. the story is aprox 30 hours
3. The graphics are much better than ac1

xSpottyZebrax
10-25-2009, 05:33 AM
3. There is a possibility for co-op gameplay for Assassins Creed sometime in the future but probably not in AC2. See this article (http://www.totalvideogames.com/Assassins-Creed-II/feature-14690.html) (last question.)

Cpt_Yanni
10-25-2009, 05:33 AM
The graphics "look worse" but they aren't. Keep in mind that the Anvil engine wasn't in the first place designed to look VERY close to the characters. But when I asked a ubisoft employee if the texctures and characters would be better in the final product, he answered:

Yes, now in the demo's some filters are turned off that will be turned on in the final product. Textures will look better and the characters will look more alive. Really, you shouldn't have worries about the graphics.

I also think the graphics will be BETTER than AC1. I don't know any sequel that has downgraded it's graphics (compared to its predecessor). If you watch the movies of AC2 and look close to the "inhabitants" of the cities, they are much more detailed than the inhabitants of AC1 and they have more variety in clothing styles .

mikeh1294
10-25-2009, 05:40 AM
Is it just the main story that is 30 hours long? Or is it 30 hours including all the side quests and getting all the upgrades?

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by mikini:
Is it just the main story that is 30 hours long? Or is it 30 hours including all the side quests and getting all the upgrades?

not sure if i read this or im just making this up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif but i think its just the story that 30 hours long

mikeh1294
10-25-2009, 05:47 AM
I'm reading the PSM3 hands on of it, and they just say that it is 30 hours long.

And now I know what happens in the first 2 hours http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Damn it!

Cpt_Yanni
10-25-2009, 05:47 AM
I think it depends how long you spend on discovering the cities, making fun, building op your own city and so on... But roughly the MAIN STORY will take 27 hours, I read it in one of the interviews that was released while TGS. Other sites say 21 hours for the main story... So I think we'll have to wait to answer this correctly.

Captain Tomatoz
10-25-2009, 05:48 AM
one of the previews also said it was an average time to take to do the story. So it could take longer that 27 hours

the amolang
10-25-2009, 06:36 AM
but I thought the OXM review said it was around twenty hours long. it was in the small bit of the review that they released...