PDA

View Full Version : UPlay question

LaCava1
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I see that, in AC: B you need to have extra UPlay points to get all the bonuses. Since you also get them from AC 2, can I erase a file in AC 2, then replay it to get the extra points that I need?

Deathgrim666
11-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
I see that, in AC: B you need to have extra UPlay points to get all the bonuses. Since you also get them from AC 2, can I erase a file in AC 2, then replay it to get the extra points that I need?

Once u have done the action u can't redo them on the same ubisoft/uplay account.

LaCava1
11-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by deathgrim666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
Once u have done the action u can't redo them on the same ubisoft/uplay account. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dang. Thanks for the info, though. BUT does anyone know a way to get alternative UPlay points? If not, I'll just skip the gun capacity upgrade.

ninja_7_7
11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Buy uplay point games. ie other ubisoft games.

LaCava1
11-02-2010, 07:22 PM
What other games have UPlay points?
I'm on the PS3, by the way. So no Splinter Cell: Conviction.

ninja_7_7
11-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Prince of persia. HAWX.Some others too but I forgot at the moment.

thekyle0
11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I would rent if enough of the U-play bonuses are actually worth the effort to me. You could check some of the other forums here to find more that support U-play.

gamertam
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
As of now, these are the games that has Uplay supported:

**Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
**Splinter Cell: Conviction
**Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
**Hawk
**Ruse
**Raving Rabbits for the Wii?

Ultimate_Night
11-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by gamertam:
As of now, these are the games that has Uplay supported:

**Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
**Splinter Cell: Conviction
**Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
** HAWX 2
**Ruse

fixed
Also, Silent Hunter 5 and Pure Football.

ninja_7_7
11-02-2010, 08:17 PM
And Assassins Creed 2.

jbahr11
11-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know if Uplay points can be used on different platforms but from the same account?

I'm asking this because I got my Uplay points for AC2 on PC and I'm wondering if I can still access my leftover points if I get on my account via PS3.

DeafAtheist
11-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jbahr11:
Does anyone know if Uplay points can be used on different platforms but from the same account?

I'm asking this because I got my Uplay points for AC2 on PC and I'm wondering if I can still access my leftover points if I get on my account via PS3.

Yes. You can use the points for any game on any system. For example you could earn the points playing the 360 version of Splinter Cell Conviction and use the points you earned to redeem awards for the PS3 or PC version of ACB.

Viperkill101
11-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Anyone who had AC2 on PS3 and got all the Uplay points, and then bought all upgrades should still have twenty points leftover, which allows you to buy all Uplay items when you get all the Uplay points for AC:B on PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif perfect.

tyrce111
11-02-2010, 11:16 PM
You could erase assassins creed 2 and its game saves from the PS3 and then start a new game with a new ubi acount but I wouldnt because you'll lose all you progress.

davo1270
11-02-2010, 11:50 PM
I have a question:

I have rented AC2 a long time ago, and have played it without having any internet connection, so I was never connected to UPLAY. I have completed AC2.

Now that I have an internet connection, would it be possible to rent AC2 again, and redeem my UPLAY points since I have already completed the game, or do I have to play from the beginning while signed on to UPLAY?

glenneey
11-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
I have a question:

I have rented AC2 a long time ago, and have played it without having any internet connection, so I was never connected to UPLAY. I have completed AC2.

Now that I have an internet connection, would it be possible to rent AC2 again, and redeem my UPLAY points since I have already completed the game, or do I have to play from the beginning while signed on to UPLAY?
No , you don't have to be signed in from the start , i recently joined xbox live and i was able to redeem them with or without the game in my xbox , hope that answers your question. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif(offcourse i had the game completed long time ago)

jbahr11
11-03-2010, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Viperkill101:
Anyone who had AC2 on PS3 and got all the Uplay points, and then bought all upgrades should still have twenty points leftover, which allows you to buy all Uplay items when you get all the Uplay points for AC:B on PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif perfect.

No, you would still need another 20 points, I just added the cost of the rewards and action points for ACB and it has 100 action points, and you need 140 points to purchase all the rewards.

paisepatruuna
11-03-2010, 06:35 AM
you can get uplay point from ac project legacyhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifhttp://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/brotherhood/news/12260.html

tijn1996
11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
on the website stands that it will also become available for project legacy and that is free

AnthonyA85
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
well, i didn't spend any uplay pionts from AC2, (which is why I have 120 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) since the only real unlock that seemed interesting at all was the knife belt upgrade, and even then, it seemed a bit redundant (since you have 15 knives at the end of the game), but i've got the thinking; how many of us are actually gonna go for the gun upgrade? sure, it might be useful early on, but once we get pioson darts (and then the crossbow) the gun will be pretty much obsolete imo.

DoomKnight10
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
well, i didn't spend any uplay pionts from AC2, (which is why I have 120 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif) since the only real unlock that seemed interesting at all was the knife belt upgrade, and even then, it seemed a bit redundant (since you have 15 knives at the end of the game), but i've got the thinking; how many of us are actually gonna go for the gun upgrade? sure, it might be useful early on, but once we get pioson darts (and then the crossbow) the gun will be pretty much obsolete imo.
Poison darts seem to have more capacity, and the gun will do more damage then the crossbow.

davo1270
11-03-2010, 05:47 PM
more damage?

isnt the crossbow AND hidden gun a 1 hit kill?

robske1
11-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Okay I've got a question about Uplay.

I played though AC2 on Xbox360, but I never "linked" the Uplay into it.

What I want to do now is claim these Uplay points, my question is, would I have to do all of the nessasary actions again or when I "link" the Uplay does it simply look though the Xbox360 achivements and gives me the Uplay points from the get-go?

dchil279
11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by robske1:
Okay I've got a question about Uplay.

I played though AC2 on Xbox360, but I never "linked" the Uplay into it.

What I want to do now is claim these Uplay points, my question is, would I have to do all of the nessasary actions again or when I "link" the Uplay does it simply look though the Xbox360 achivements and gives me the Uplay points from the get-go?

when I linked to U-play it recognized the actions that I had already done, so probably

DoomKnight10
11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by davo1270:
more damage?

I would assume the crossbow isnt instant on tougher enemies, such as brutes or papal guard.

AnthonyA85
11-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by DoomKnight10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
more damage?

I would assume the crossbow isnt instant on tougher enemies, such as brutes or papal guard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would imagine that the crossbow IS a 1 Hit Kill weapon. During the exotic gameplay walkthrough, the narator shot that guard with hte crossbow and he went down instantly.

Think about it, Crossbow bolts have ALOT of kenetic energy behind them when they're fired, the armor that 16th century foot soldiers/city guard wore (even the heavier troops) wouldn't have been able to survive a crossbow bolt to the chest, since Ezio usually aims for the chest/head.

The only reason they didn't make arrows do as much damage as they realistically would have otherwise, was for ballence reasons.

DoomKnight10
11-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoomKnight10:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
more damage?

I would assume the crossbow isnt instant on tougher enemies, such as brutes or papal guard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would imagine that the crossbow IS a 1 Hit Kill weapon. During the exotic gameplay walkthrough, the narator shot that guard with hte crossbow and he went down instantly.

Think about it, Crossbow bolts have ALOT of kenetic energy behind them when they're fired, the armor that 16th century foot soldiers/city guard wore (even the heavier troops) wouldn't have been able to survive a crossbow bolt to the chest, since Ezio usually aims for the chest/head.

The only reason they didn't make arrows do as much damage as they realistically would have otherwise, was for ballence reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya, but that looked like on of the basic guards with no armour.