PDA

View Full Version : Team Speak Overlay

UgoRipley
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi all.

I just can't get TSO to work as advertised (showing who's speaking).

Does it work well, or is it bugged ?? Do you use it ??
I downloaded it yesterday, I know it's a beta.

And yes, I configured my TSO nickname as my TS nickname, so they match exactly...what else ??

UgoRipley
07-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi all.

I just can't get TSO to work as advertised (showing who's speaking).

Does it work well, or is it bugged ?? Do you use it ??
I downloaded it yesterday, I know it's a beta.

And yes, I configured my TSO nickname as my TS nickname, so they match exactly...what else ??

DmdSeeker
07-10-2007, 09:37 AM
It works for me.

The web site has a support forum; and they generally reply very quickly.

What exactly is the problem you're getting? "It don't work" doesn't give a lot to go on..

-HH-Quazi
07-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I could never get used to words overlaying on top of the games screen. So I use a similar program that is allot less intrusive called TSDisplay. It basically does the same allowing you to see who joins the channel you are on & who is speaking. But it does so in a small rectangular box that can be moved to any place on your screen. So I keep it in the upper right hand corner of the screen out of the way of what I see while in cockpit.

UgoRipley
07-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Oh, sorry, you're right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

It just doesn't show anything. It runs without crashes or problems, but nothing shows up.

I guess I should see the nickname of the person who's speaking on TS, right ? Well, I told it to show it in the bottom right and it just doesn't.

I loaded it up (I've tried loading it both BEFORE and AFTER TeamSpeak, still no changes), I configured it with my nickname, I clicked on "enable", launched 1946 through HL, and no joy.

I was reading their forums a while ago looking for others having similar problems, and it gave me the following hint:

I'm running Ati Tray Tools, which also displays fps. Could it be this ? (I'm not home at the moment, I can't try).

Thinking again about it, I noticed that TSO can show parameters other than just the "TS nick", but this "enable" clickbox was "greyed out" making it unclickable...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Thanks anyway.....

UgoRipley
07-10-2007, 11:40 AM
OK, just got home, problem SORTED !! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

All I had to do was exiting Ati Tray Tools.
It was that talk on TSO forum about intercepting "hooks" between different programs trying to do the same thing that made the lamp go ON !!

It worked like a charm, well...sort of.
Now my screen flickers every half second or so...never did it before. Have to look better into this.

Ok, now that ATT is off, how can I regain control over my graphics card ??
Maybe going back to CCC ???

na85
07-10-2007, 12:49 PM
It's not that you've lost control of your card, it's just that you've exited a utility for easily changing refresh rates/resolutions, etc.

You can always start ATI Tray Tools up again, it's probably hidden in the start menu somewhere

T_O_A_D
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
I know you can turn of the fps on TSO so do that and use ATT. You may even be able to turn off ATT fps counter, not sure am at work and cant look at mine at the moment.

SeaFireLIV
07-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Teamspeak overlay`s a great utility. Pity I discovered it after I`d learned what all my teammates sounded like!

UgoRipley
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes, in fact I posted a little too early, while I still was experimenting...

I just launched ATT again and disabled its fps counter - I didn't even know it was possible - and everything works, they don't interfere with each other.

Thanks all for help and hints.