PDA

View Full Version : Ships behavior when destroyed

Choctaw111
11-08-2004, 11:41 AM
I have notices that when the ships are destoyed they will stop moving forward in the water instantaneously. They should slowly come to a stop while they are sinking and not stop on a dime. I know that this is hardly noticeable from an airplane moving at a couple hundred miles an hour. I just happened to notice it after I was shot down and I was floating along in the water and one of my other aircraft destoyed a ship. The ship was movoing along rather quickly and as soon as it was destoyed it just stopped dead in the water and I thought it was strange. It shouldn't take much to correct this I'm sure. Just trying to make the best sim even better!

scootertgm
11-08-2004, 12:11 PM
thats not as bad as having the Tripitz in shallow water and back end high in the water as she was sunk, but the water so so low she couldn't sink so her rear gunners were still shooting...

Tater-SW-
11-08-2004, 12:31 PM
If they could do one easy thing to make ship sinking better, it would be to SLOW IT DOWN. I tested, all ships sink the same speed. 30 seconds and they are half under (usually screws up). The rest of the sinking takes a little longer. It would be so much better if all things being equal, the time to get to 50% sunk was 5 minutes or something. Just multiply the sinking time by some large constant.

tater

scootertgm
11-08-2004, 12:47 PM
DF home base Aircraft Carriers need to be differnet though or if you get lucky and sink the spawnable carriers, then the other side couldn't spawn to refly.

LEBillfish
11-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Sink more ships.......

That is one thing here that has impressed me. I've seen them sink level, bow up, stern up list to one side and I can't recall but maybe even roll over (though that may just have been wishful thinking).

Some have taken quite a while as it all depends on "where" they are hit and how many times they are. What you won't see are massive magazine explosions or oil/fire slicks.

But all and all it's a flight sim, more important issues needing to be addressed yet seriously, experiment a little you'll be impressed.

Reschke
11-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Yeah but the other night my shot up Ki-43 without the left wing tip careened downward in a tight spiral into the stern of a tramp steamer that was sitting off the coast of the base I was defending. At any rate the ship sank completely inside of 50 seconds! The place I hit was on the deck and not on the side of the ship. It was an amazing feat of kamikaze activity although it was on my own merchant fleet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif