Chuck_Older
11-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Low_Flyer_MkII
11-03-2005, 03:52 PM
No wobble - cr@p rig, but no wobble.

HayateAce
11-03-2005, 03:58 PM
I had wobble before 4.01.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/tinker2/shoes/Jack_Daniels_Bottle_post-01.jpg

horseback
11-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Wobble-free myself thus far, but I've noticed that my ai wingman's rudder is twitching like mad when we climb our I-16s up to altitude (obviously, my mind is on other things once the enemy comes into sight).

He definitely has the wobbles.

I'll be resuming my Bf 109F-4 campaign this weekend, and may get back to my Mustang campaign as well; I'll check if I or my wingies are suffering from the wobbles there.

cheers

horseback

x6BL_Brando
11-03-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't have any wobbles, but flying takes more care since 4.01

TgD Thunderbolt56
11-03-2005, 05:16 PM
No wobble, no defrag and I play online. One of the lucky ones I guess.

The whole clean install thing will be greatly facilitated when the Platinum DVD comes out with all patches etc,...

TB

thefarb2
11-03-2005, 05:27 PM
the wobble for me came from patching 3.04 to 4.01, and for me is mostly rudder.

Curtiss_P-6E
11-03-2005, 06:15 PM
I have always had wabble, even in other flight sims. I have tried everything but just cant get it to stop. The wabble is in the yaw axis. Roll is stable, pitch is stable but yaw can wabble...trimed.....about 2 to 4 seconds.

sakai2005
11-03-2005, 06:52 PM
no wobble but do get some webble with the spit.

Chuck_Older
11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Roughly 1 in 4 have the wobbles? Yikes

Low_Flyer_MkII
11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
That could be taken as 75% are wobble free....

LT.INSTG8R
11-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Had the wobble bad but thru some input from other members here Im on the road to recovery

Mental Note:
turn settings UP not DOWN, had been using Olegs settings WRONG!

major_setback
11-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkII:
That could be taken as 75% are wobble free....
Yes, it's easy to play with statistics. There is an advert (by the national rail company) running where I live that proudly claims that 92% of all trains are on time.
That means that one in every 12 trains is late!!

hobnail
11-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Need to add option so I can vote.

Installed patch with no precautions, had wobble, reinstalled, tweaked settings and now wobble-free.

xTHRUDx
11-03-2005, 11:37 PM
my only wobble is a weeble
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:loFqgo0F4AEJ:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/MacLeod6/Weeble.jpg

Hunde_3.JG51
11-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Installed 4.02 and had "wobbles." Did a clean re-install. Defragged beforehand, and after every disc/patch. Patched up to 4.01 and created pilot and settings. Flew around a bit. Installed 4.02 and replaced conf.ini with old 4.01 copy.

Result: Still have "wobbles."

crazyivan1970
11-03-2005, 11:56 PM
I am just curious about defrag part... how is that related to wobbles? Anyone can explain?

msalama
11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
No wobbles here at the moment. It was pretty bad at some point, but then I fortunately had the brains (a first if you ask my SO) to try another JS driver. Result: no wobbles anymore.

BelaLvgosi
11-04-2005, 12:35 AM
I've always experienced some pitch woble, but either it's a simulation part (it only happens during constant input) or it's just some noise on the slider (antenna rotary on cougar) which I assigned to pitch trim.
I guess I never experienced any yaw wobble that isn't supposed to happen (after quick stick corrections etc). Using simped vario pro's for rudder.

I mainly fly 109's f and k offline.

carguy_
11-04-2005, 01:05 AM
There was no wobble in 4.01 in stable gun platforms llike FW190,P47,Me109.
In 4.02 all planes wobble the same it seems.

If the rudder moves from natural position it is very noticable.

However it is easier to compensate movements to make a sniper shot on my PC at least.

Grue_
11-04-2005, 02:07 AM
@crazyivan

At sometime in the distant past when hard disks were low capacity and usually full, a defrag could noticably improve the performance of the drive.

From this, an urban myth was formed that a Defrag could magically resolve all manner of problems with the PC and possibly even repair the relationship with your girlfriend.

I work in IT and I wish I had a pound for every person throughout my career that had told me about a problem with their PC and how a defrag hadn't resolved it.

Hope this explains it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dazza9806482
11-04-2005, 03:33 AM
Nope, no wobble

realisation that rudder control is becoming vital but thats it...

then again im too busy enjoying perfect mode with my new 6600gt.

sorry dont mean to brag, but id recommend a graphics upgrade to anyone and im a poor civil servant

WTE_Ibis
11-04-2005, 03:53 AM
I swapped my config for the 4.01 config.
Seemed to help along with stick settings changed to a curve. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
High curving down to around middle curving up to high seems to give a more stable platform, but then again that may only work for me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

WOLFMondo
11-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
I am just curious about defrag part... how is that related to wobbles? Anyone can explain?

No idea, defragging won't affect anything other than load times, caching etc. Even then using the Windows default defrag tool doesn't actually do much for performance compared with something like O&O tools.

HeinzBar
11-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Hunde_3.JG51:
Installed 4.02 and had "wobbles." Did a clean re-install. Defragged beforehand, and after every disc/patch. Patched up to 4.01 and created pilot and settings. Flew around a bit. Installed 4.02 and replaced conf.ini with old 4.01 copy.

Result: Still have "wobbles."

Ditto. I followed the long, drawn out thread originally started by Billfish in the hopes of correcting the 4.02 mess. I've have spent hours tweaking and testing my joystick settings w/o success. For me, 4.02 is a failure all the way around.

Back to 4.01.

disappointed,
HB

neural_dream
11-04-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by HeinzBar:
...I followed the long, drawn out thread originally started by Billfish in the hopes of correcting the 4.02 mess. I've have spent hours tweaking and testing my joystick settings w/o success. For me, 4.02 is a failure all the way around....
Let's not make the wobble discussion a whinefest. We are already loud enough to disrupt the normal coffee-break forum browsing of 75% of the commmunity who don't have "the wobbles" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. No need to get louder.

All the wobblers plz pay a visit here http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6731094373

han freak solo
11-04-2005, 06:49 AM
I'm not sure how the wobble would be defined.

Ever since 4.01, if the ball is only a half ball out of center, and I slightly touch the pedals to center it, I get a yaw "sway" that oscillates about 3 or 4 times.

If that's the wobble, I guess I have it. I just keep on "flying" not knowing any better.

P.S. here's my stick and pedals settings:
1X=0 3 8 15 23 32 41 52 65 81 100 60
1Y=0 3 8 15 23 32 41 52 65 81 100 60
1RZ=0 0 2 5 7 14 28 42 65 85 100 60

JG52_Manteo
11-04-2005, 07:01 AM
I had wobbles this morning with syrup, coffee and toast( I usually have canpakes.) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Cold_Gambler
11-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Didn't defrag but got "wobble"... BAD.

The new FM (two patches ago? +leaked patch before that) brought in the need to use the rudder to correct for torque, etc... those changes were great- loved the new FM; in fact was a little disappointed when the slightly more demanding leaked FM was tuned down in the official released patch.
BUT... the wobbles introduced by 4.02m are a different beast altogether. It's not the strengthened torque or gyro (etc) effects that bother us (me, anyways), it's
1) the HUGE effect that even slight rudder movement provokes (this can be compensated for somewhat with the control input settings), and

2) especially the oscillations that follow any (paricularly rudder) input... extraordinarly aggravating when trying to get a bead in a turn fight, but even in a B'n'Z you can't make any rudder correction. Even if these aircraft were fighters, I find it difficult to believe that they would have been that longitudinally unstable when going at 630Km/hr +.

One odd thing is that it's now possible to do the AI "bat-turn": bringing the joystick smoothly back and to the side provokes a snap-stall in the horizontal plane which you can correct near instantaneously with application of opposite rudder within less than a complete revolution (still in the horizontal) and little speed loss.

Frankly, I've never *****ed about a patch before- always looked forward to the new goodies and just adapted to the FM tweaks, but I'm very frustrated with this patch and perplexed at the fact that some have noticed next to no change, and others like myself find this new FM to have drastically.

OldMan___
11-04-2005, 07:50 AM
Why in hell someone thinks defrag would change anything on the subject? Defrag reorgtanized the Hard Disk block allocations. HD is used to load data nothing else, it does not proccess any data, neither any input or physics data passes by HD!!! It is as importnat to patch bugs as the color of your chair.

Forget this !@$*$!@$!&$!*. Reinstall may be a beleivale solution for some problems but defrag has NOTHING TO DO WHITH ANY SOFTWARE RUNNING IN THE SYSTEM!!! The worst thing a non defragged HD may do is to increase load times.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-04-2005, 07:57 AM
^ Like someone said before - defragging is an urban myth. It's useful....it might help to stop some stutter but otherwise it's like, IMO, saying that reinstalls have helped. I suspect the reinstall actually prompted stick setting change which alleviated some people's problems.

e.g.

Punter has a wobble problem.

Punter reads forum and sees, "I reinstalled and I was cured!"

Punter thinks, "I'll do that."

Punter re-installs to 4.02m and loses his old stick settings.

Punter plays in QMB, forgetting to set his stick up first and finds wobble problem reduced.

Punter posts "Reinstalling worked for me!"

The cycle perpetuates itself.

Ta,
Norris

allmenroder
11-04-2005, 08:02 AM
I wonder if this wobble issue is not so much a hardware issue as it is a hardware issue of the hand slightly aft of the computer monitor.

Maybe a few of us have been 'ham fisted' in our flying and now, as the push has been for more and more realistic flight modes (incidently by many whose only actual flight experience has been 'off the handle' at results they don't like), they are getting closer and closer to the truth.

Reminds me of the phrase, don't wish too hard for something, you might just get it.

Von_Rat
11-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HeinzBar:
...I followed the long, drawn out thread originally started by Billfish in the hopes of correcting the 4.02 mess. I've have spent hours tweaking and testing my joystick settings w/o success. For me, 4.02 is a failure all the way around....
Let's not make the wobble discussion a whinefest. We are already loud enough to disrupt the normal coffee-break forum browsing of 75% of the commmunity who don't have "the wobbles" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. No need to get louder.

All the wobblers plz pay a visit here http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6731094373 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how the heck do you figure what heinz bar said was whining???

jeez, some people jump the gun and call the slightest, and very justified complanit, whining.

Cold_Gambler
11-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by allmenroder:
I wonder if this wobble issue is not so much a hardware issue as it is a hardware issue of the hand slightly aft of the computer monitor.

Maybe a few of us have been 'ham fisted' in our flying and now, as the push has been for more and more realistic flight modes (incidently by many whose only actual flight experience has been 'off the handle' at results they don't like), they are getting closer and closer to the truth.

Reminds me of the phrase, don't wish too hard for something, you might just get it.

What a useful observation.

If you have the problem, what are you observing and what steps have you tried to correct it?

In any case, if that ("it's intentional and is just a more realistic FM") is the case, then how is it that some have found that re-installing has helped get rid of the wobbles?

dazza9806482
11-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Actually i think Norris has a point, i had a quick 30min play and thought the 47 was a bit bouncey.

then i reset my stick settings absentmindedly for my next session

no wobble for me. at least nothing unexplained, cack handed stick control aside

Cold_Gambler
11-04-2005, 08:34 AM
It may explain why "re-patching" has worked for some... but there's still something rotten in Denmark-
I've always flown with the default input settings, mind you, that may be why I haven't seen any change by re-patching. Point is, if 4.02 "only" reset the inputs settings to default then I shouldn't have been as affected as those who made changes to those settings. Yet the change from 4.01 to 4.02 was very marked for me.

Jaras
11-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Huh? What's wobbling?
Can someone describe?

blackpulpit1970
11-04-2005, 09:09 AM
All this talk of wobbles with the patch and never a peep from Oleg about it, is it he is busy with other things, he feels this is normal, or just doesnt give a dam about what a large part of his dedicated community thinks about the patch. Sure the patch was free and thats good considering many good people here are very dissapointed about it, but to not address the issue is a bit of a bummer for me when all it takes is a quick explanation as to what it is or how it can be fixed or something, because its obvious that some no matter what they try are having a serious problem, some even putting the game down because of it and thats a shame. Crazy Ivan have you or anyone talked to Oleg about this or is he aware of this, and if so what are his thoughts.

geetarman
11-04-2005, 09:12 AM
As far as a Mustang or P-47 are concerned, serious wobbling only occurs at speeds below 230mph. Readjust joysitck. I like 4.02. A pilot can now actually perform a break turn and throw off a pursuer. In 3.04, evading a rear quarter attack was almost futile.

Cold_Gambler
11-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Jaras:
Huh? What's wobbling?
Can someone describe?

Wobble = give some right rudder and nose of plane swings right; ease off right rudder and nose swings left (rather than returning to center) then right again, then left again (less), then right again (less) and then left (less again) before finally stabilizing.

If you try to do anything to compensate for the opposite (in this case, left) swing you just aggravate the pendulum effect. In a turn fight where you have to dial in some rudder, your nose ends up bobbing up and down like a cork.

Jaras
11-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Cold_Gambler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaras:
Huh? What's wobbling?
Can someone describe?

Wobble = give some right rudder and nose of plane swings right; ease off right rudder and nose swings left (rather than returning to center) then right again, then left again (less), then right again (less) and then left (less again) before finally stabilizing.

If you try to do anything to compensate for the opposite (in this case, left) swing you just aggravate the pendulum effect. In a turn fight where you have to dial in some rudder, your nose ends up bobbing up and down like a cork. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!
That's what I noticed too since I've installed 4.02m!
I'm flying mostly P-38. And the first time I tried to strafe gun down some tank columns I completely lost control on my aim while strafing!
I thought this is this super advanced new flight model, and that's how planes really do?!?

Edit:
I use X52
Default settings (because I liked them with 4.01m, they worked well), I don't tweak ini files and responses at all.
And I profile my joystick via saitek's software, not ingame controls options.

Chuck_Older
11-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Jaras:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cold_Gambler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaras:
Huh? What's wobbling?
Can someone describe?

If you try to do anything to compensate for the opposite (in this case, left) swing you just aggravate the pendulum effect. In a turn fight where you have to dial in some rudder, your nose ends up bobbing up and down like a cork. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!
That's what I noticed too since I've installed 4.02m!
I'm flying mostly P-38. And the first time I tried to strafe gun down some tank columns I completely lost control on my aim while strafing!
I thought this is this super advanced new flight model, and that's how planes really do?!?

Edit:
I use X52
Default settings (because I liked them with 4.01m, they worked well), I don't tweak ini files and responses at all.
And I profile my joystick via saitek's software, not ingame controls options. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what this is all about? This is wobble?

So- I have full left rudder, and then I release all rudder pressure. The nose swings left, past "center", and partially to the left of center?

This is a description of your wobble? You snap off the rudder and the nose doesn't self-center?

fordfan25
11-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:

its not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Jaras
11-04-2005, 09:56 AM
No, not full rudder.
I've just done little, slight adjustments - like everytime you strafe ground targets.. but this time the plane begins too swing to left and right left right left right like a crazy pandelum. It's almost impossible to do some well aimed bursts now.

LT.INSTG8R
11-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Well depending on your settings(also X-52 user)even pitch and roll can become unstable and "darty" applying a small amount of forward pitch suddenly becomes a full on nosedive re-centre the stick and you get a kind of rubberband effect.This was the effect I was getting with Default settings , raising the curve all round somewhat cured it for me.

crazyivan1970
11-04-2005, 10:03 AM
That was my point exactly about defrag... it has nothing to do with it....now, here`s the problem... With this wobbling problem we went from reinstalling game, replacing conf.ini...to defrag.

All is needed really is resetting all your pitch, yaw and roll to default, then to desired... and applying filtering (3-4 clicks) if needed. That`s it. No more, no less.
Conf.ini file is NOT part of the patch, BUT in the initial startup it MIGHT be written to and might be changed. That`s why it was always a good practice to reset conf.ini. I think all this wobbling issue is really out of control.

Cold_Gambler
11-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Yes, even EASING right or left rudder is problematic.

I know it's difficult for those of you who haven't had any problems to understand where we're coming from, especially when every patch seems to have it's share of FM detractors....

BUT this is not a simple issue:

some have it, some don't. For some re-patching helped, not others. For others a full re-installation appears to have resolved the issue. Tweaking the input settings has helped somewhat but is not really all that satisfactory.

People who have had this sim since IL2 and who have never complained about a patch before are voicing complaints (I registered in Jan 2003 but was a lurker for about 6 mos before that).

This is not a case of stick-yanking, rudder pedal-stomping noobs getting steamed about not being able to take out Tiger tanks with their .50 cals. It's a legitimate problem which is extremely frustrating to find a solution for.

Chuck_Older
11-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I put defrag in the options because that's all I did when I prepared to download 4.02m

If you guys who are so disdainful of my mentioning the taboo "defrag" would care to read the first post in this thread, you'd see that the option is identical to the way I installed the patch. But no, all you did was read the poll options, and y'all assume that I'm implying you should have defragged, and this would have solved your problem with wobble

Well, that's your fault, not mine. Frankly I'm surprised at some of you. This community is better than any other at picking up a loose tidbit of info and running with it

I started this thread as an attempt to try and narrow down the variables with what may be causing it. I don't see anybody else doing it, not even the smug types who know all about the myths of defrag

So pardon me, but this was about trying to resolve a problem almost a quarter of the folks who play this sim have, not about arguing the myths of defrag.

What I'm reading is rapidly convincing me that I do have wobble

the difference is that I don't expect the nose to 'snap back' into a no-yaw condition when I jump off the rudder pedal.

I think maybe you guys should start looking closer at the guy in the cockpit to solve the majority of wobble trouble. I'm guessing half of those who think they have this problem don't really have it but have been convinced they do because they think the nose is supposed to be self-centering

WhiteEagle_74
11-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Ok. But what about players who use keybord http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif(i use it since my joy broke). When i push elevator my planes dance like crazy and it immpossible to aim. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif I had good results(avg 10% acc) on keybord and it would be bad if i had to learn again how to fly on joystick.
WIth joystick u can correct wobble useing rudder control.

LT.INSTG8R
11-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by WhiteEagle_74:
Ok. But what about players who use keybord http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif(i use it since my joy broke). When i push elevator my planes dance like crazy and it immpossible to aim. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif I had good results(avg 10% acc) on keybord and it would be bad if i had to learn again how to fly on joystick.
WIth joystick u can correct wobble useing rudder control.

AH HA so you see its not just a joystick thing WhiteEagle describes it perfectly and thats elevator, which is what I am having issues with the "dancing". Ground attacking has become **** near impossible as any minor pitch corrections result in just that "dancing" so you either break off as to not dance yourself into the ground or well "dance" into the ground.

Kuna15
11-04-2005, 11:29 AM
I am still waiting to see some P-47, P-51 or F4U action on nrtk. Especially from the people who says that they don't have any issues. I have posted my track in http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m...481092373#5481092373 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/8141099273/r/5481092373#5481092373).

Anyway more track (nrtk) + hardware specs (controller) posts would be far more useful than any talk since we all know that "one picture is worth a 1000 words".

Then all that is remain to do is to compare handling in similar situations.

crazyivan1970
11-04-2005, 11:31 AM
What do you want to see Kuna?

Kuna15
11-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Something like in my track; dogfight vs ai (ai only because it is easier to make a track in controlled enviroment to avoid being shot down by trigger happy enemy wingman and stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif, otherwise human vs human will also do of course) --- precise player shots from dead 6. Or perhaps better a few BnZ passes on enemy aircraft (using rudder input in pass). Maybe just a pass or two on few ground targets. With above mentioned aircraft.

I think it will help a lot to see a few such tracks from different community members.
That's all.

LT.INSTG8R
11-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Kuna I just recorded a track of a mission on the NWE campaign RAF Spits(was mainly to watch my entire group plow into the side of a hill, smart AI indeed...)
I proceeded to the target and did some ground strafing runs(default settings+4 filtering) If you give me a way/place to upload them I will gladly give you this one.

Kuna15
11-04-2005, 11:51 AM
LT.INSTG8R check your PM please, I have a few free megs left... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cold_Gambler
11-04-2005, 12:35 PM
OK- Kuna,
I'll try to make a track this weekend... never done it before, how do you make Ntrack vs. TRK?

Cheers,
C_G

Kuna15
11-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Online track (.ntrk) can be made when you press recording button at any time during mission (or hit Esc and select start recording). The same procedure works for record stopping.

.nrtk can be made out of .trk on exactly same way.

Track (.trk) can be made only after the mission simply choose "save track" once when you hit Esc.

INSTG8R trk -- whole track (http://free-vk.t-com.hr/domagoj/tracks/Stupid_AI.rar)
INSTG8R nrtk -- rudder test (http://free-vk.t-com.hr/domagoj/tracks/INSTG8R_402rudder-test.zip)

LT.INSTG8R
11-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Edit: Great work Kuna the rudder test track is exactly where I meant http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif you can clearly see VERY little input movements in my cockpits controls but theres "the Wobble"

Well Kuna I watched your track and I can see the same "rubber band effect" I experience, mind you I rarely manhandle any plane like that LOL, so I guess about the only time your gonna see any sorta wobble in my track is too watch my cannon strafing runs after I expended my bombs(3rd run at the target).
And whats the deal with tracks not ending up the least bit like they actually happened?? meh what I wanted to see was in there but the outcome was not how it happened.(yes I bit it strafing a train on the way home but thats not how it shows up)

Kuna15
11-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah it was kinda weird, I could not see any targets but you have shoot like they were there. What happened I don't know... I simply downloaded your .txt file and just renamed it to .trk and placed it in records folder.

Perhaps it is better to make some quick one in QMB on Okinawa map, since there is an airfield full of targets there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

LT.INSTG8R
11-04-2005, 01:10 PM
yes Im thinking it may have to do with me running High Res(1280x1024) I had seen some screenies of displaced objects at higher Res's(but not that displaced was mostly shadows)but I was actually shooting at targets in the town there I was circling but you still get the effect(I DID hit that "target" even tho that trk looks like Im shooting at trees LOL)

Edit: actually watching my orginal track and the track you uploaded it IS clearly out of synch as I watched them back to back and the one you uploaded I fly thru my leader on take off and on mine Im am clearly following him, anyways you captured the "moment" in the rudder test track even tho Im shooting at trees http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Kuna15
11-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Yup I have thought that you have shoot at targets but somehow that get desynched and the result can be seen on trk.
However, the rudder input can be seen on your gun strafing passes.

The best thing you can do is to record an online track (.nrtk), press "recording" botton during your mission (usually few moments before engaging targets, since whole mission recorded in .ntrk format can occupy a few MBs).

If you record an .nrtk you will avoid that desynchronisation, since I will see exactly what you see.

LT.INSTG8R
11-04-2005, 01:22 PM
Yes you found the right spot out of sych or not

han freak solo
11-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
What I'm reading is rapidly convincing me that I do have wobble.

Me too. I didn't realize until now. Oh well. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Just for the record I did a full back up and a defrag before I installed the patch. The defrag was to keep my files tight, no other reason.

The only change I made to my conf.ini file was upping my stick and pedal filtering from 0 to 60. Did someone mention that I had to set my stick and pedal settings back to default to smooth things out? Is this true? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Again, here are my stick and pedal settings.
1X=0 3 8 15 23 32 41 52 65 81 100 60
1Y=0 3 8 15 23 32 41 52 65 81 100 60
1RZ=0 0 2 5 7 14 28 42 65 85 100 60

I guess I should mention that I use a MS Precision Pro 2 stick and CH pedals.

Chuck_Older
11-04-2005, 02:50 PM
I guess what this boils down to is that each person sees what he or she sees and describes it differently

I have no doubt there is something going on that's not mormally encountered by a significant number of players. 1/3 to 1/4 of the players can't be dreaming this up

I just can't decide if they are seeing the same thing I am seeing when I use rudder (I use rudder a LOT, it's a primary control input and I treat that way, and also I treat it with abosolute disrespect. I use opposite rudder a lot of times to arc my nose over. My tail flashes this way and that like a shark making a kill when I turn. Wingovers are a joy)

I've seen a type of 'pendulum' effect since 4.01

Now, here is what I am seeing: the rudder snaps back to center, the nose sways over-center to the opposite side, and comes back. However, I never, ever, snap the rudder back. I move it back deliberately and smoothly (not slowly) to center

In CFS3, I really detected a huge pendulum effect. My first impression of 4.01 was that the pendulum effect from CFS3was now in FB- but I was wrong. The difference was that in CFS3, I could not really control it. In FB 4.02, I have much the same effect, but I can easily control it.

Joilet_Xray
11-04-2005, 02:55 PM
~S!, Wobble???? don't know what this means, I do see some tendency of some aircraft to want to "hunt" in pitch, maybe more so in 4.02..........several explanations come to mind, the FM calcs now are more dependant on angle of attack, and specific issues with my rig which I've dealt with. (Then again the issue could be because of none of the above.)

FYI, in RL some high performance single engine aircraft will tend to hunt in PITCH.... in some configurations. For instance, I have a high performance sailplane which is not real stable.........it hunts all the time at certain angles of attack.

see: http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/RS-15/N50GL.html

Wobble.....? Is what I have decribed? 'Don't know.

All the Best.

BPO5_Jinx
http://www.birdsofprey16thgviap.com/forums/

Chuck_Older
11-04-2005, 03:06 PM
For what it's worth, my Mustang Pilot's Handbook claims the F-51D (it covers 'early' models, same as the P-51Ds we have in this sim) is stable about all axes in level flight, and that all control surfaces are light and positive in normal flight. Trim is noted as being sensitive, but no caution is given to departure from stable flight in normal flight

F16_Neo
11-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Why can't we be scientific about this wobble thing?
Wobble test "Neo-Standard 1.0":
Make a track/movie with a P-51-D20NA, travelling @ 2000m/400kph , 50 % fuel, default ammo in crimea map.
When leveled out in trimmed AC, kick full right for 1 second then let go of pedals.
I have rudder curve to full 100%, no filter.
My result (xvid, second time I correct with ailerons after kick):
http://media.putfile.com/wobbletest_x
Do I suffer from "wobble syndrome"?
*Edit: I'm on 4.02M

TX-EcoDragon
11-04-2005, 04:41 PM
"Wobble" free on or offline. . .oh and no. . I didn't defrag! :-P

Curtiss_P-6E
11-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by F16_Neo:
Why can't we be scientific about this wobble thing?
Wobble test "Neo-Standard 1.0":
Make a track/movie with a P-51-D20NA, travelling @ 2000m/400kph , 50 % fuel, default ammo in crimea map.
When leveled out in trimmed AC, kick full right for 1 second then let go of pedals.
I have rudder curve to full 100%, no filter.
My result (xvid, second time I correct with ailerons after kick):
http://media.putfile.com/wobbletest_x
Do I suffer from "wobble syndrome"?
*Edit: I'm on 4.02M

That is basicly what I experience with PF. Will an airplane traviling at 300mph really do that?

neural_dream
11-04-2005, 05:30 PM
You know what, I think I know what's going on.

I'm pretty certain that the wobble is experienced mainly by lower-end computers. For example those with less than 50 frames per second on average. 50 is a number i made up, i don't know what people generally have, but you know what i mean. If we see that the higher fps have no wobble and the lower have, then we'll know a lot more about the issue.

Is that true? Post a very rough average of your fps. I mean what you are used to; let's not be scientific with accurate measurements for the time being.

Mine I'd say 35 fps. AMD 1.9GHz, 512MB RAM. ATI9600 and YES I do have the Wobbles.

I'll explain later what i think is going on. First i need to see more evidence from the rest of the wobblers and non-wobblers.

to see your FPS:
[Shift+tab](small white text appears on screen) Fps START SHOW [enter] [Shift+tab]

edit: I know some had it and now don't. Still participate in that little "survey" please.
edit2: No, i don't mean that the fps have dropped or anything like that. I only want to see whether wobble is more on the low-end side as i suspect.

Lemky
11-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi Bin playing this game from day one.Had to buy a faster CPU to play the game,bought a new card to get the frame rates up.Now with the last two patch it seems like I will have to buy some rudder peddels to reduce the wobbles,I have invested alot of dollars so far plus 4 game up grades.Have spent alot of time configuing the game to run right,now have to spend more time to change stick settings?????.
Seems to me if 25% have the problem with this patch,this game will loose interest to them and will move on to other things,To me that means they will loose 25% of loyal sales in the up coming BOB sim.
There is some thing wrong with the controls in this sim now.

LT.INSTG8R
11-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Not low spec here and avg 50fps(not a number I made up)and thats in Perfect, no compression water=2, effects=1 with 4xAA and 8xAF(wonder what kind of FPS I could get if I turned off the eye candy....

P4 3.2E
2x2048 RAM
X800XT

watch the track Kuna posted for me"rudder test"on page 3 of this topic, Now some will I say I "kicked" my rudder but watch from the cockpit and my pedals barely move and from outside you would be hard pressed to see it move enough to justify the amount of "wobble"
I truly believe it has to do with sensitivity curves, in that track Im running all defaults 10-20 etc. with filtering set to 4 on all axis

HeinzBar
11-04-2005, 06:26 PM
S!neural_dream,
I'll participate w/ the survey.

My rig:

WinXP Pro SP2
AMD 3200+ 64
MSI K8N Neo Platinum latest .bin
1gb of Corsair 2.5 pc3200
ATI 9700 w/ the latest Omega drivers
2x 120gb Western Digital 7200rpm 8mb cache
Audigy w/ latest drivers
Creative CDRW+

I run PF in opengl at 1280x960x32 w/ 2x FSAA & 2x AA for 50+fps over most maps...exclude Berlin, Murmansk, and other large cities.

Additional information:
I've followed the steps presented by Billfish twice, including Defragging...just to make sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

4 seperate installs:

4.02: wobbles
beta 4.02 RC3: no wobbles
4.01: no wobbles
3.04: no wobbles

Hope it helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HB

Kuna15
11-04-2005, 06:54 PM
When I set difficulty settings to 'realistic' (pressed 'realistic' button) and then turn stall/spins off, I get much much smoother rudder handling. Everything else was turned on. Anyway I didn't checked it thouroughly perhaps you guys can verify this.

I am reinstalling everything now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

thomb314
11-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh come on, everyone with 4.02 have the wobbles. They just don't know it.

The problem is, those people who are noticing it, are often describing it poorly. Others might not even notice it, and fail to realize what the wobbling really is. And think they don't have it.

What they are describing is in fact a feature in the new flight model: changed balance between moments of inertia, damping and centering forces in the yawing/pitch plane. Making the nose swing /oscillate more than before. That's all. This feature is independent of joystick settings, however, good joystick settings makes it easier to cope with (maybe even unnoticable to some). Bad joystick settings makes it impossible to fly. And no, it's not worse on low end systems either, I have a high end system, and when switching back and forth between 4.01 and 4.02 there is a remarkable difference. (I have both installed)

Which is more realistic? Hard to tell (how many of you have flown a real Mustang or Messerschmitt?). Still, to me this seems like a random consequence of tweaking other parts of the flight model.

My guess is that patch 4.01 was more realistic when it comes to the oscillation characteristics, but that in all other aspects, 4.02 is more realistic. If this is the case, I hope the FM can be tweaked a little more, keeping the best from both 4.01 and 4.02.

Old_Canuck
11-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Could the "wobbles" be related to the leaked patch? Now wobbles here.

Cold_Gambler
11-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Old_Canuck:
Could the "wobbles" be related to the leaked patch? Now wobbles here.

Nope- didn't have the leaked patch but do have wobbles... I'm going to follow Kuna's lead and re-install from scratch, it's the only thing that appears to have consistently worked for the afflicted.

I'm also going to sacrifice a chicken and do some primal screaming. Just in case. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

heywooood
11-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey ! its almost Wanksgiving !

"Wobble Wobble"

How many wobble threads does it take to get an answer from 1c? 10? 15?

My vote as to what it is all about goes to:

BoB testbed factor !
"all patches are beta tests for various aspects of the FM for 1c BoB"

So relax - if you are experiencing difficulties now, be sure there will be a new patch along in two weeks.

Ofcourse - they could make it all up to us - all this aggravation if thats what it is - by making a Platinum Edition and then giving us the Russian addons afterward....that is if any of us are left after all these 'experiments' with our favorite sim.

So who is for that? Do what you want 1c - torture me with wobble and whatever else you have up your sleeves but after that - Let me have a final Platinum Edition and all those future addons incl Ju88 Pe-2 Mossie Ki-27 etc..
and all is forgiven...is that the way you feel too?

wayno7777
11-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkII:
No wobble - cr@p rig, but no wobble.

In the same boat as LF....But flight controls became very sensitive. Filtering helped that....

heywooood
11-04-2005, 10:54 PM
we're Guinea Pigs.

han freak solo
11-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
to see your FPS:
[Shift+tab](small white text appears on screen) Fps START SHOW [enter] [Shift+tab]

Now I'm just depressed. With 32 planes at once with moderate AAA, I'm averaging 12 FPS. I was better off not knowing. With just two planes and no AAA, I'm averaging 33 FPS. Total range of FPS is 8 to 60.

I've done the testing. Honestly, 4.01 and 4.02 are really similar in aiming difficulty for me. Yes, I do get the yaw oscillation. As I mentioned before, I didn't know I had it until this thread defined what it was. Han Freak Solo will play on! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

------------------------------------------------

My rig:
AMD Athlon XP2400+ 1.99GHz
1.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA 5500FX 128MB AGP
TrackIr 2
MS Sidewinder Precision 2
CH Pro Pedals

My game set up:
Open GL, 1024x768x16, No stencil buffer
HIGH visibility distance
MEDIUM objects lighting
NORMAL objects detail
MEDIUM landscape lighting
HIGH landscape detail
MEDIUM clouds

Old_Canuck
11-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by heywooood:
we're Guinea Pigs.

You're pwobably wight http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Chuck_Older
11-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by heywooood:
we're Guinea Pigs.

No, I can't agree

Everyone and anyone is 100% free to patch to whatever version of the sim they like. The people that prefer 3.04 can ptach to that and the folks who like 4.01 can patch to that

the folks with 3.04 can start their own server, and the folks with 4.01 can start their own online server

Nobody from 1C:Maddox is forcing anyone to play 4.02

The community is forcing itself. That's not being guinea pigs. Whoever uses the latest FM chooses to use it. Guinea pigs have no choice in their situation. if people don't like what's going on, they are free to stop it by using a version they like. It's nobody's fault but their own if they choose not to exercise that freedom

Personally I still feel the same way about evolving FMs as I felt about it at the beginning- if you can't adapt to them, how did you fly the last version? Or the very first version, when you didn't know anything?

OldMan____
11-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeap.. completely wrong.. we should ask Guinea Pigs if they want to be part of experiment. Save the animals!!! They are as alive as we are!!!

Everytime you takeoff witha Spit a guinea pig dies!!!

Chuck_Older
11-05-2005, 08:39 AM
I don't know exactly what you mean, but OK

Udidtoo
11-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I'll play along on this adhoc High end/low end system theory. If I don't type it out quickly It will be to late. Going to be away from the comp a few days so no flying * I can do it....easy....just a game..I don't have a problem*

P-4 3.2 prescott flamethrower
1 GB of Corsair CMX512-3200XL
Abit IC7-g mobo
Sapphire X800 XT PE

Offline settings 1280 X 960 AA x 8, AF x 16
all other card settings maxed. Config, mmm good question...ahh I peeked water 1, forest 3, effects 2 if I want pretty, 1 if I want smooth =low to high 40's

Online settings 1152 X 864 same settings accept effects always at 1 = high 40's to middle 50's

Now for the weird stuff. The day after the patch I didn't see any of the "wobbles" or the lesser known reported by even less "feels like my flaps are down". Only issue I had was disappointment over self correcting stalls.

I had patched over the top of an install that went back to 3.03m to 3.04m to 4.00(opps) to 4.01 to 4.02. I didn't see any problems with wobbles or any other weirdness. Still I didn't feel the need to jump on the ridicule wagon or post remarks that so any others have ripe with barely concealed scorn (if this isn't you then don't get a stick, if it is you know you did so if the truth hurts change your truth) I had been one of many ATI users who for almost a month were told we didn't know how to install drivers correctly. This wasn't just from other players but from several mods as well and when it was finally proven to be a ATI driver corruption I can't recall a single detractor stepping up with even a half-mumbled 'My bad m8's , ahh shouldn't have run y'all down and all but ahh ya know this is after all UBIzoo'

Then going back 5 days ago somewhere around 3:00 am I decided that it would be really cool to have 4.02 and 4.01 both.........several sober hours later I was cleaning up the last bits of a broken install from my registry and then proceeding with a clean 3.03m to a 4.01m to4.02m...........

Good lord it was like having a completely different game. I loaded up 16 bombers in a QMB for some good old mayhem and as soon as I spawned it felt exactly as if I deployed flaps even though they were full up. By the time I had trimmed it to a semblance of level flight I had nothing else left to work with. Started testing a few others and was soon saying many bad words in rapid succession. No matter what I spawned in it felt as though I was flying around on a cushion of updraft, which I have seen several others describe in other threads.

I tried to play around with settings for a bit ( I'l love to give a Defragging credit here but I defrag almost every day as it is and it just moves the bits closer together, altering their code not 1 iota for good or ill, however it is just sound maintenance and recommended by 4 out of 5 dentists). It seemed no matter how much I toned down the settings or dampened them I still felt a very noticeable nose up attitude in anything I flew.

Now for the 'makes no sense at all part'. After reading through several of these and in Comm Tech I thought what the heel amd patched it back to 4.01...ok, that feels like the old FM ran Regpro Supreme and defragged again( and I stress because its good maintenance, not because its a vundercure) and patched back to 4.02 drum roll please It Was da da dadDAAAA!!! still the same, Well accept that the upward drift was almost unnoticeable, never really saw a wobble or oscillating movement to speak of and that's my point really. Just because I didn't and don't doesn't mean that you or you don't have exactly what you describe I'd rather help a brother or sister simmer get air worthy than run them into the ground.

Folks with wobble/drift don't give up until you've tried every possible setting. I use a X-52 and Ch Pro pedals and this is working nicely for me.
X=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Y=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Z=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
RZ=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
FF=0
U=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
V=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
1X=0 75 78 81 85 89 92 96 99 100 100 10
1Y=0 82 85 87 90 92 96 98 100 100 100 10
1RZ=0 15 23 30 38 47 56 66 75 83 94 100
1U=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1V=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1Z=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1RX=0 12 21 30 39 48 57 66 75 84 90 100
1RY=0 12 21 30 39 48 57 66 75 84 90 100
1X1=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1Y1=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1Z1=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1RX1=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1RY1=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1RZ1=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1U1=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0
1V1=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0

Give some extra attention to the the 1RX and 1RY, these are your rotaries and if your using them for trim they are 100 across the board which , I think probably is a lot of the "Too sensitive to touch" reports. These settings may not help you at all but don't just throw in your towel and give up flying with the masses. I don't know why my was so messed up or why a reinstall SEEMED to fix it either. Every minute you waste in here trying to convince people that yours is messed up could have been spent trying to find just the right settings. Mine took some slow and methodical testing over 2 days. Stop trying to get people who either politely cast dispersions towards or openly taunt and ridicule you to admit there is something screwy and instead get off here and unscrew it. I believe you ok, I do. Now sign out of here and go try any and all of the fixes that others have posted and make it work. Its fixable.

DONB3397
11-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Some of my friends have been retuning sticks, reinstalling, praying. Some even believe this helps.

Personally, I wobbled before when shooting, and still wobble.

Now, if I can only concentrate on squeezing the trigger instead of jerking... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

han freak solo
11-05-2005, 10:36 AM
By this definition, I don't have the wobble. I reeaaaly feel sorry for anyone that does.

------------------------------------------------
quote:
Originally posted by danjama:
Im not arrogant i assure you. I am concerned that what people are percieving as a problem is actually correct, that is what im trying to establish. No arrogance in that is there

Ok...here's what it is.

With the wobble (AKA bad 4.02m) a plane will do the following:

- Push lightly forward on the stick and the nose will bob up and down for 3-4 seconds varrying about 20 degrees or more
- Tap lightly the rudder and the aircraft will sway back and forth for 3-4 seconds again varrying by about 20-30 degrees
- Push hard forward on the joystick and you will instantly be on your side or upside down

Without the wobble (AKA good 4.02m) the plane will do the following under the same circumstances:
- Push lightly forward and the plane will gently nose down
- Tap lightly on the rudder and the plane will sway slightly from left to right finally recentering within a second or less
- Push hard forward on the stick and the plane will slightly move to the right or left (torque) and nose down
--------------------------------------------------

From http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/1561078373/p/2

neural_dream
11-05-2005, 11:22 AM
It seems that no 1C Maddox employee is going to help us, so i bought GT legends to fool around until someone finds a reasonable solution. Till then i'll keep an eye in this forum and play GT legends http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Btw, it's superb, like the IL-2 of racing simulators. Oh, and the developers release the "complete car reference guide" in parts every week http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif (with tips and stuff, you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif).

scottmal1
11-05-2005, 11:30 AM
I've just had a go, not played il2 since i installed 4.02m due to work and GT Legends! i do not have this wobble (i play offline) everything is stable and i just love the way the FM is now, i'm no expert but it feels so realistic.

CatKnacker
01-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi Just bought this game and my plane seems to sway back and forth when I use the rudder.How do you fix this problem,Just want to know if it is the game or my set up before I take it back.

CatKnacker
01-20-2006, 08:37 PM
One more thing I forgot to ask,does GT Legends cars sway back and forth when you use the steering input and stop, like this game does.

danjama
01-20-2006, 09:11 PM
fneb

CatKnacker
01-20-2006, 09:55 PM
What is fneb

slo123
01-20-2006, 10:31 PM
i have loads of wobble loads of it i cant hardley make a shot on a part of a plane i just kinda spray it as i woble by not very effective obviously anyone help?

Tully__
01-21-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by CatKnacker:
Hi Just bought this game and my plane seems to sway back and forth when I use the rudder.How do you fix this problem,Just want to know if it is the game or my set up before I take it back. Go to the SimHQ forums (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=144) and do a search, there's a couple of threads there listing various solutions people have found for excessive wobble.

rnzoli
01-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BelaLvgosi:
I've always experienced some pitch woble, but either it's a simulation part (it only happens during constant input)
This is interesting. I have got a ground attack practice mission for Il-2 with good weather, and I noticed an interesting pattern of little 'wobble' on the pitch axis. When on a shallow dive to attack with rockets, sometimes the nose suddenly moves up for 1 sec, and after another sec, it goes down again. It reminds me of 'buffeting', there's is no input from stick at that point, nor trim. It usually occurs shortly after decreasing the descent rate, but not always. The plane is trimmed, so I don't understand, what causes this up/down sequence (just once) during ground attacks. It is not so strong, but ruins the aiming. Now that I know this problem, I ignore the nose-up move, and just wait 1 sec to get the cross-hair back on target. Before that, I had huge problems, because immediate stick corrections worsened the situation and a classic Pilot Induced Oscillation developed.

As for yaw wobble, P-39 and P-51 is 'wobblemania' as soon as I touch any controls. Flying the plane on rubber control wires http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Chivas
01-21-2006, 12:31 PM
After the 4.02m downgrade of my 109, the CO had me transfered to a Jabo squadron. He said I had become a spray and prey pilot and they couldn't afford the ammo. Now I only dream of my old faithfull 109..401m and started a long unhealthy hatred of the Spitfire and the shute shooters who fly them.

Xiolablu3
01-21-2006, 12:46 PM
I get a bit of wobble on quite a few planes, it is worst on the Corsair, p51D and the P40C where it is unbearable and makes aiming almost impossible.

But I get no wobble at all on the Ki43 and some others, 109G2 is pretty stable too..

zoinks_
01-21-2006, 01:38 PM
this helped me.

I use the default settings with no problems. HOWEVER, if you are experiencing the bouncy up/down can't shoot a darn thing, make sure that in the config.ini file, the z line ends in a 0 (all three should: x y and z) but with the latest patch for whatever reason the z axis ended in 100 instead of 100 0.

[rts_joystick]
X=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Y=0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0
Z=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0 <---
RZ=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
FF=0
U=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0
V=0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 0

quoted from this thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/1251077393/p/1

rnzoli
01-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Good pointer, thank you, Sir. Salute!

I have seen this idea, and checked my config once weeks ago, but apparently all lines had the ending zero or the filter value (20). But NOT the Z one....soooo good you poined this out with the arrow.... soooo easy to overlook! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

I can do tracking shots... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jeroen_R90S
01-22-2006, 06:16 AM
I didn't play alot with 4.02 yet, but finally was in the mood again & had some time to spare.

Well... wobbles. Some planes worse than others, I picked up a really old Leningrad '42 campaign with P-40s and it seemed OK, except for some strange crashes and RTDs. Until I was wounded and was back in jan '43 with La-5. Wobbeldewobble... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Used the seach function and found a thread by IceFire with the IL2_core.DLL thing from the readmy of 4.02 and that solved the crashes for me. I also downloaded Fooltrottel's stick setting util. Until recently I used the default. Now I chose CrazyIvans and whoaaa!! La-5 hunchback r0xx0rz!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Took me an evening, but my pilot is moving towards that M-r promotion!

Jeroen

Slickun
01-22-2006, 06:48 AM
I wobble like a son-of-a-gun. My favorite ride (Mustang III) is almost useless now.

AMD 3200
1 gig ram
9800 Pro
Audigy.